[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come there's no any buzz for this Tupac movie like there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (1MB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1200x950px
How come there's no any buzz for this Tupac movie like there was about the NWA movie?

I've never been into rap and shit but when that movie came out it was a huge deal but as much as i can tell Tupac was even bigger than them, what gives?
>>
>>73674565
It got some negative buzz. So that's probably why. Or people are more interested in something they're not as familiar with.
>>
>>73674565
Also. Speaking of biographical drama film. I would love a Wu Tang biograph.
>>
Because Tupac actually lived the way he rapped and wasn't just a poser like the guys from NWA were.
>>
>>73674565
>>73674451
>>
>>73674565
Poor marketing. They couldn't come up with something as memeable as the straight out of xyz website.
>>73674720
Tupac went to art school lmao.
>>73674736
You also need to market yourself better.
>>
Public Enemy would be the GOAT hip hop biopic;

the early NY scene they came out of, their politics and all the press controversy they caused and the group dynamics between Chuck D, Flav and Professor Griff... it's got all the ingredients for a great movie as anyone who has seen the Prophets of Rage doc can attest
>>
>>73674720
>>73674720
Eazy wasn't a poser.
But yeah. You're right about the rest.
>>
Possibly the biggest buzz SOC had was the law brutality themes that was highly relevant when the police shooting outrage was still fresh, it came out at the perfect time. That and the meme site helped.
>>
>>73674761
I would be down. But you know they will change or leave out some shit. And it would lead into big controversy.
>>
>>73674565
Because Straight Outta Compton was a great biopic with great actors and All Eyez On Me was fucking trash with shit acting and pacing and it made Pac look like a victim in every situation
>>
>Former producer John Singleton wanted a scene where Tupac was raped in jail, dropped a bombshell in regards to another scene he proposed.

>“The raped in jail stuff – yeah, he wanted to put that in there,” LT said. “He wanted to start the movie off: Tupac goes in the studio — one guy's in the studio, he’s getting head. Tupac is with the other girl and these girls are white and Tupac tries to give her anal."

>“Not just that, right. [It] goes to this particular part…” he continues. “The girl denies him, he kicks her out and he tells the white girls to go home and tell your dad that, ‘You got f**ked by a n***a today'. End scene… What kind of movie is that, bro?”
>>
>>73674565
All Eyez On Me was apparently shittier than a lifetime movie where as Straight Outta Compton was actually good. Regardless, All Eyez On Me actually did pretty well at the box office from what I recall. With about twice the budget and a better director/cast the film would have been an absolute smash hit.
>>73674736
>He does it for free
>>
>>73674860
>great actors

yeah, no.

And it really wasn't that well done of a film, that scene where Ice Cube quits the band set in that dim lit hotel room just totally wrecked it for me it was so shit. It was only saved because it was a great story and backed by hype as fuck music
>>
>>73674746
>if you go to art school you couldn't have grown up in the hood
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.