[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

radiohead finally gave up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: radiodad.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
radiodad.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
after years of saying that releasing this song would signal the end of their career against the society of the spectacle they oh so tried to be against while fully being integrated in it, i think after, among other things, basicly insulting the entire global palestinian population as "retarded" for asking them to consider their human rights, and saying that playing "fitter happier" and "electioneering" again would be a stupid idea, even in today's political climate (altho shoving "creep" down our throats once again in every new gig they do is somehow relevant), they realized that they lost all illusion of being a "rebellious", "anti-capitalist", "progressive" band, in the eyes of both their "conscious" consumer audience, and their own self-image. and so they can finally release this song, in all its bad, generic, inbred "rejected oasis demo" glory, without any worry about being "authentic" and "against the rock mythology." they already were, are, and always will be part of it. the only difference now is that they embrace the spectacle, and the mythos of ok computer being an "anti-spectacular" album is finally broken, and revealed to be just the same spectacle it was sold as being against. after all, isnt this how the spectacle always worked?

the psudo-thermin u hear in the chorus is just their version of a flatline beep of their career heading into an apocalypse not even kid a could have predicted. ""the admirable people who personify the system are well known for not being what they seem; they attain greatness by stooping below the reality of the most insignificant individual life, and everyone knows it."
>>
ok
>>
>>73673648
Which song?
>>
File: opinions.jpg (50KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
50KB, 500x556px
>>73673648
Hi Roger! The Final Cut still sucks by the way
>>
File: IMG_0727.png (193KB, 896x1204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0727.png
193KB, 896x1204px
>>73673648
>>
>>73673648
>Radiohead
>ever good
Can't believe you fell for it desu.
>>
I give tbr credit for the second paragraph. creative.
>>
File: 0.jpg (20KB, 432x264px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20KB, 432x264px
>>73673648
>>
>>73673648
That review was so cringeworthy, it's what you expect from a 16 year old who read Debord once and thinks they know something about the world.
>>
File: 5Kg7Y04.jpg (65KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
5Kg7Y04.jpg
65KB, 431x450px
>>
>>73673648
I lost interest after you mentioned Palestine m8
>>
>>73673648
something about the society of the spectacle being a hyperlink to the Wikipedia page is hilarious. It's like they're saying, just a reminder, I'm smart for reading this. Or that they've never read it and just looked at the wikipedia page.
>>
>>73673648
Capitalism is inevitable.
>>
>>73673738
Lift
>>
>>73673648
Fuck it, it's a 0.5
>>
>>73673648
thats a great little book, op, (sos i mean, not your post) but i dont really think it has anything to do with the radioheads
>>
>>73676019
no its not.
>>
>>73673648
>and everyone knows it.
Stopped reading before this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.