[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did he jump the shark?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ay_94318665.jpg (41KB, 620x902px) Image search: [Google]
ay_94318665.jpg
41KB, 620x902px
When did he jump the shark?
>>
I was listening to Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals a while back for good old times' sake. Both of those are ultimately very hollow, very dated alternative rock records.
It's fucking weird to me to think that there was a time when Manson was genuinely considered to be public enemy #1 in the US, a time when he was considered to be anything more than schlock-rock for the Ozzfest crowd.

The guy wasn't William Burroughs or Throbbing Gristle. He wasn't even Mayhem or Deicide. He was White Zombie and Korn.
>>
>>73670718
precisely when Dita urged him to make more music instead of writing novels, painting stuff and making movies

so right after Holy Wood and before Golden Age of Grotesque

it's a well-documented fact.
>>
>>73670718
After Mechanical Animals it all went downhill
>>
Manson is a bad joke

>>73670749
>The guy wasn't William Burroughs or Throbbing Gristle. He wasn't even Mayhem or Deicide. He was White Zombie and Korn.

Korn consisted of musicians who were considerably more gifted and idiosyncratic than Manson's band though, and Jonathan Davis was a considerably more interesting frontman than Manson
Manson was just a 90s update on the old Alice Cooper/Gene Simmons/Ozzy Osbourne routine
Davis was something else and something that could only have come out of that particular time and place, for better or worse
>>
>>73670749
early Korn and early White Zombie > Marilyn Manson
>>
>>73670749
>>73671329
good posts desu
i still spin antichrist superstar every once in a while
there's some nice melodies on there
>>
>>73671207
pretty much this. i honestly enjoyed the pale emperor though.
>>
>>73670749
>album is called antichrist superstar
that's why
>>
>>73670718
when he booted twiggy t b h
>>
His music has always been shit, he used to give some pretty good interviews though.
>>
>>73670749
>It's fucking weird to me to think that there was a time when Manson was genuinely considered to be public enemy #1 in the US.

This never happened. Marilyn Manson was always considered a mediocre artist who ripped off Alice Cooper. He was only popular among 12-14 year olds.
>>
File: 1478264561689.png (314KB, 391x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478264561689.png
314KB, 391x720px
>>73671365
Get rid of Korn and everything will be okay.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.