[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the next era of AnCo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

>>
Yeah it started in 2015 when they released New Psycho Actives.
>>
Definitely, seems like they're backpedaling from the PW style at least on these solo releases and MOTW. Panda's album is supposedly gonna be a slow burner as well which I'm p excited for
>>
experimental ambient guitar anco is EXACTLY what ive been wishing for and they delivered so well :)
>>
>>73669161
Well, Deakin's album was in the works for ages and he also didn't touch PW. I'm guessing that the rest of them probably are sick if of the overly pop sound after they reached the peak of it in this era last album. Seems they're going for a revival of the folk sound with more sound collage elements.
>>
GOAT AnCo era about to start boys get hype
>>
flac when?
>>
>>73669213
Honestly if they continue this trend, I would love it.

I would never argue that is AnCo's best or most experimental work, but Campfire Songs has the most replay value for me.

I actually think an album with everyone but Panda Bear would be tight. I love Panda, but PBvsGR was definitely the weakest between Deakins album, Meeting of the Waters EP, and now Avey's release. Its also clear that the Panda had a lot control with PW, considering how it was PBvsGR lite.
>>
>>73669930
Panda's new album he said will be skeletal, using less vocal harmonies and it's going to be five songs totaling over 30 min. I think he's moving away from the sound as well
>>
>>73670487
Aw shit thats awesome.

Thanks man
>>
is there a Eucalyptus leak that's not a transcode?
>>
>>73670487
This might be the first time I'm excited for a Panda Bead solo record.
>>
>>73670926
whats wrong with trans you bigot?
>>
>>73671335
Neil?
>>
As a massive fan, I've never thought of AnCo as a group with "eras"
They're just constantly releasing stuff, some great, some meh
Even in the middle of their so-called "Golden Age" you found mediocre/bad albums like Young Prayer, Pullhair Rubeye, and the Terrestrial Tones stuff
I don't really think it's possible to split AnCo up into consistent periods
>>
Some Day I'll Grow t>>73671621
o Be As Tall as the Giant
>>
>>73671544
cute
>>
>>73671621
b-but pullhair was excellent
>>
why's it so hard be Ben Franklin desu?
>>
>>73671546
Sorry, that ain't me.
>>
>>73669161
Eucalyptus, Meating of the Waters, and Sleep Cycle were all recorded before Painting With
>>
>>73671709
BABY LOVE ME
>>
>>73671809
Eucalyptus was written in 2014 but recorded in 2016
>>
So whens deak coming back?
>>
>>73671809
>>73671931
Meeting of the Waters was recorded in 2016 too
>>
Am I the only one that actually liked the hocketing
>>
AnCo sucks
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.