[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in reality >a form of popular music of US black origin which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: St6DIA_h.jpg (32KB, 939x939px) Image search: [Google]
St6DIA_h.jpg
32KB, 939x939px
in reality
>a form of popular music of US black origin which arose during the 1940s from blues, with the addition of driving rhythms taken from jazz. It was an immediate precursor of rock and roll.
>the term was originally used by record companies to describe recordings marketed predominantly to urban African Americans, at a time when "urbane, rocking, jazz based music with a heavy, insistent beat" was becoming more popular.
>in the early 1950s it was frequently applied to blues records
>in the 1960s, several British rock bands were referred to and promoted as being RnB bands
>by the 1970s, the term rhythm and blues changed again and was used as a blanket term for soul and funk

on /mu/
>it started with R. Kelly
>Frank Ocean is the pinnacle
>thats it
>>
>>73667625
its amazing /mu/ can totally write off 80 years of music
>>
>>73668477
/thread
>>
>2017
>arguing about genres

go outside
>>
>>73667625
white boys hate r&b. they wanna see us blacks talk about violence and racism 24/7
>>
>>73668823
>trying to derail to deny the truth
>>
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY
>>
>>73668836
It's just that when you try to get emotional is sounds all nasal and awkward and gives me a headache.
>>
File: 1496005480090.png (629KB, 714x683px) Image search: [Google]
1496005480090.png
629KB, 714x683px
>"classical"
>"jazz"
>"electronic"
>730 different types of rock

what does /mu/ mean by this?
>>
>>73669017
>you
>singular
>myriad of R&B musicians with varying vocal styles and textures

try again
>>
>>73669077
Everyone here is narrow and closed minded and still led by shitty critics and retards with youtube channels, hence all the memerap.
>>
>>73669216
you sound different but you all sound nasal, awkward and give me headaches
>>
>>73669303
sounds like you are a racist tbqh
>>
I was hoping you were going to say that R&B is just what we call pop music when it seems like it was made with black people in mind. I agree with that point.
>>
>Babyface
>writes "Change the World"
>gives it to Eric Clapton
>Eric Clapton records it
>is called "adult contemporary"
>Babyface records it
>is called "R&B"

hmmmm...
>>
>be Seal
>be British
>make pop songs
>songs feature oboes and synthesizers
>songs use classical scales
>songs are heavily influenced by Western baroque music
>get labeled R&B
>get labeled soul as well, which literally means "music that sounds like black American gospel music"
>not even American
>>
>>73669380
>>73669502
damn
>>
>>73669303
>>73669017
>Marvin Gaye sounded nasal
Is this bait?
>>
>>73670806
I'm having trouble thinking of any nasal sounding artists desu
>>
>>73667625
that's what it used to mean. sometime around the 90's it turned into "shitty hip hop with sung vocals"
>>
>>73670896
Pretty much.

Good job funk and soul stayed awesome (as long as you stay away from pbr&b)
>>
>>73670976
Truth.
>>
>>73667625
>implying R&B is a real genre and not just a racist label given to black music
Oh wait no, you did realize that. So why are you continuing to use it? Clearly R&B and contemporary R&B have nothing to do with each other so just stop using the term. It is interesting that /mu/ never talks about blues though.
>>
>>73671076
It's all blues, just with more rhythm.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.