[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Liars your favorite band?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: liars-drums-not-dead[1].jpg (840KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
liars-drums-not-dead[1].jpg
840KB, 1000x1000px
Why isn't Liars your favorite band?
>>
File: liars-tfcf.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
liars-tfcf.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>
>>73665175
This shit sounds like Radiohead
>>
>>73665960

You must've not listened to Liars before
>>
Haven't listened to their new track yet, should I be ready to be disappointed after all the teasing and build up?
>>
>>73665968
https://youtu.be/-lDPS4uIHd0

Sounds exactly like Thom to me.
>>
>>73665960
funnily enough Thom has raved about this album since '06, here's an interview in 2008 where they're the first group he mentions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP_iLGG4I6s&t=2m41s
>>
>>73666010
>listens to one song and things he can base their whole discography on it.

Moron.
>>
>>73665175
Liars is the only good thing to come out of that whole early-2000s NYC trust-fund-kid rock scene. One of the most consistently exciting rock(if you want to call them that) bands of the last 15 years.
They Were Wrong, So We Drowned is the closest any band ever came to delivering a proper successor to PIL's Flowers Of Romance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZs3jsQ7alk
>>
>>73667222
Where did I say their whole discography sounded like that? I was referring to Drums cause OP posted a picture of it.
>>
Drums Not Dead is the best album of the 21st century so far. They Were Wrong So We Drowned is good too, but not nearly as much.

Everything they've done since Drum has been trash. It's a real tragedy. Like everyone else, they've tried to become an electronic pop band and it's just not on.
>>
>>73666962
It's funny when Thom says he has no idea how they arrived at their sound on this album. He's clearly never read the liner notes.

They outline every detail of every song on an autistic level, including guitar makes/models, tunings, chord shapes, string gauges, effects routes, drum diameters, mic placements, and more. Really interesting shit.

Looks like the most common tuning they use is DFFCBB with the Fs being the same and the Bs an octave apart.
>>
>>73668064
What do you have against their S/T and Sisterworld? I would agree that the stuff they've done after, once they went fully electronic, is a lot less interesting, but those two albums are great IMO.
>>
>>73665960
>hears a falsetto once
>>
>>73665175

They are one of my favorite bands of the '00s tho.
>>
>>73668317
There are plenty of other falsetto boys who don't sound like Thommy.
>>
What does everyone like about Drums Not Dead so much?
It's kinda cool I guess but their first two and WIXIW are way better imo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.