[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever had to deal with an artist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1498822383039.jpg (114KB, 770x781px) Image search: [Google]
1498822383039.jpg
114KB, 770x781px
Heard from a friend that set up for a festival that...

Grimes expected puppies/kittens in her room (can't remember which).

She was reserved one room, but took up the entire space for her personal space and crew.

Other things I've heard of her that didn't sound cool..

She is still one of my favorite artist and it doesn't change my opinion of her. She was really interactive with the fans/nice to them when I actually went to the show. But my friend doesn't like her lol .

Any stories you guys have?
>>
>>73664703
k
>>
>>73664703
LOL.
LMAO.
ROFL.
>>
>>73664703
>Grimes expected puppies/kittens in her room (can't remember which).
Puppies. She used to have a thing in her tour rider about having puppies backstage before each performance. We know because she published her tour rider where it says this on the internet years ago for shits and giggles.
>>
>>73666605
Ah, that's it. The woman (my friend) said Grimes was too much of a princess. I don't know if this happened to Grimes, but the show she played at didn't have their logistics figured out. The artist were suppose to be picked up from the airport and driven to the venue, but a lot of artist arrived and there was no one there for them so it set everyone off in a bad foot. Not sure if that happened with Grimes, but independent of any of that the friend of mine told me a lot of negative things about how she treated everyone. She made it seem like Grimes saw everyone beneath her and bended a lot of rules for her own personal needs. She was really upset when there weren't any puppies and took up so much room for her personal space/treated them badly.

I still like her as an artist. I didn't experience any of that, so I have no emotions towards it. But I could see my friend was pretty upset.
>>
>>73664703
>Grimes shitposting
>made up story
>Reddit spacing
It's like you Grimes shitposters are not even trying anymore. Cmon guys
>>
I worked with artists 2 - 3 times a week, sometimes less, sometimes more. They were almost always just regulair 'music' guys.

One woman tho had apparently insisted on having half of the dressing room area walled of, she had one dressing room for her crew, one for her make up, and one for herself. This forced other also pretty respectable bands had to share dressing rooms / only have one room. Ofc they didnt mind, as they should. But fuck, why feel so entitled.
>>
Worked with Michael Graves. Really nice guy. He's really humble and interacts with all his fans.

Had a friend recently open for Corey Feldman. She said he was nice. But I think she's just too nice to talk shit.
>>
>>73664703
what kind of fucking losers talk about this kind of shit
>>
>>73668600
what kind of fucking losers talk about this kind of stuff they have zero interest? autists like you.
>>
interesting thread go on.
>>
>>73666737
>I still like her as an artist. I didn't experience any of that, so I have no emotions towards it. But I could see my friend was pretty upset.
Not to excuse jerk-like behavior, but speaking as a professional musician who has gone on tour numerous times - including internationally - There are few things more stressful than a venue which doesn't have its own shit together.
>>
File: reznor.jpg (40KB, 392x380px) Image search: [Google]
reznor.jpg
40KB, 392x380px
>>73664703
Me and a friend had VIP tickets to a NIN show and got to see Trent after the show. One of the security guards led us down a long hallway and into a fairly small room that had a pool table dead center and an empty bar to our right, with Trent and his wife sitting in the back corner, dimly lit, beside the fridge. We both stood awkwardly by the door for a while before Trent quietly acknowledged us and told us to come over. He told his wife to introduce herself, but she just grunted at her phone screen. Trent then said, "Mariqueen my princess, we have guests." and Mrs.Reznor snapped back at him in Filipino. We said it was great to meet him, and my friend told Trent that The Downward Spiral really helped him through tough times, to which he just laughed and told us to fuck off. "What?" my friend said, taken aback, when Trent turned to his wife and told her that his entire fan base was made up of immature little boys. My friend went red and then we just sort of stood for a while before leaving. We took a couple of pools balls from the table as we left to spite the asshole and laughed it off.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.