[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artist of "the decade"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

File: ratings-gr.png (221KB, 1740x1140px) Image search: [Google]
ratings-gr.png
221KB, 1740x1140px
L M A O

(also, this is only when compared to female solo artists, imagine if we included bands or male ones)
>>
i dont like grimes much
>>
>>73663953
who care about those plebs
>>
File: white_knightblkbkgrnd.jpg (69KB, 1867x2800px) Image search: [Google]
white_knightblkbkgrnd.jpg
69KB, 1867x2800px
>>73663953
Leave Janelle Monáe out of this.
>>
>Joanna Newsom
>4 for 4 bolded albums

>Janelle Monae
>positive reception to say the least

>PJ Harvey
>artist of last decade
>>
>>73663953
Get over yourself those artists are talked about non stop on here and are clearly some of the defining artists of the last 10 years.

Stop trying to bait a feminism/misogyny argument on the music board you fucking creep and go back to /pol/
>>
>>73663953
Is your point that they're better than grimes?
Because rym averages are a weak argument
>>
>>73663953
>posting rym as a proof
That proves that RYM is super lame and underrates Grimes a lot. Those are just their shitty ratings, not the universal truth.

Meanwhile, these are the ratings that matter (still subjective):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Angels#Critical_reception
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visions_(Grimes_album)#Critical_reception
>>
>>73664168
aggregated reviews (especially rym) are far more useful to me because they are constantly updated and what the public thinks.
>>
>>73664152
>Because rym averages are a weak argument
Indeed. This sexist RYM better keep their mouth shut when they are barely able to put a female artist in their top 100 (Bjork at number 94).
>>
can't tell if this is a grimes fan or a misogynist loser or both. who is this image even quoting
>>
>>73664185
The public thinks Ed Shereen is talented dude. You cant trust the opinions of the public
>>
>>73664185
>aggregated reviews (especially rym) are far more useful to me because they are constantly updated and what the public thinks.
RYM's elitist fucks =/= general public. e.g. The public enjoy Taylor Swift's 1989 and on RYM it has a shitty rating (2.99; not even 3). Those are just their opinions. RYM is like a hivemind: if you don't have the same taste as them you're going to have a hard time dealing with their shit. Just like /mu/.
>>
>>73664209
>who is this image even quoting

Seriously???!! You don't see grimescucks post every day how their waifu is the artists of the decade?
>>
>>73664458
That's just their opinion. If you're triggered you must be an autist.
>>
>>73664168
>That proves that RYM is super lame and underrates Grimes a lot.

This is a horrible argument. Do you know why? If you knew anything about RYM, you would know that Oblivion is rated as the best single of 2012 and Genesis and ReaLiTi are in top 10 of their respective years. Which shows us the real picture - Grimes did release some very good singles but her albums are weak and lacking a lot as whole pieces.
>>
File: grimesidiot-tattoos.png (3MB, 1880x992px) Image search: [Google]
grimesidiot-tattoos.png
3MB, 1880x992px
>>73664503
Yeah, I'm the one who's autist, not her fans (pic very much related)
>>
>>73664251
>The public enjoy Taylor Swift's 1989

I think most sane people wouldn't argue that any of the albums from op picture are better than 1989

1989 was just way more popular
>>
File: your comment. this post.jpg (17KB, 294x277px) Image search: [Google]
your comment. this post.jpg
17KB, 294x277px
>>73664143
>>
>>73664520
This t-b-h f-a-m

Enjoyed Oblivion and Realiti, didn't enjoy full albums

And from what I've seen around this board, many people feel the same way
>>
>>73664567
Yes, you are. That dude who did tattoos like Claire's is just a huge fan. The fact you screencapped that only enforces the fact you're a big autist.
>>
>>73664619
This person is also Björk's huge fan, not an autist.
>>
>>73664520
>Which shows us the real picture - Grimes did release some very good singles but her albums are weak and lacking a lot as whole pieces.
Real picture? That's just a distorted picture. Her albums are fantastic in every way. Ask yourself seriously: do you think an artist with just 3 bolded songs and weak albums would be so much discussed on /mu/? Don't you think people would be tired already of her "only" 3 good songs?

RYM is completely wrong about her albums.
>>
File: IMG_6701.jpg (38KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6701.jpg
38KB, 698x672px
>>73664656
>>
>>73664578
>sane people
You could like 1989 more than those other albums and still be a sane person. It's called personal preference. Music taste is subjective, bro.
>>
>>73664631
Making similar tattoos =/= planning to kill an artist and shooting yourself. You need some perspective.
>>
>>73664618
>Enjoyed Oblivion and Realiti, didn't enjoy full albums
Your opinion =/= fact.
>>
>>73664656
Yeah, because your single opinion is more valid than aggregate score based of thousands of ratings. Don't be delusional.
>>
with all the political issues in the horrible state the world is currently in you spend your time and energy starting shit with every person who doesn't like Grimed as much as you
>>
>>73664168
>the critical opinions from individual people somehow matter more than a large, diverse collective of people who are interested
Are all grimesfags this stupid?
>>
>>73664656
>Her albums are fantastic in every way.

This is just sad. Dude, go out and explore some more music, don't let your life revolve around one artist you defend every day on a mongolian nail collecting imageboard. Go out there, be courageous, donwload some stuff and wake up from your Grimes-bubble. I mean fantastic in every way, wow...
>>
>>73664567
holy shit, this is some /b/-tier material right there

which reminds me how I miss good old weird shit from /b/ like this picture
>>
>>73664202
Is this post ironic?
>>
>AA on par with Visions

Nice joke system.
>>
>>73664804
>AA above 2 stars
There's the real problem
>>
>>73664705
It's not just my opinion. Millions of people like her music, including most music critics. Those folks are way mroe relevant than a bunch of nerds that catalogue every piece of music like it's a piece of meat. In the grand scheme of things, RYM is a drop in the ocean.

BTW, do I need to mention that many RYMers are mu/tants too? Do I need to mention that many of them hate rated her albums? I can't take that site seriously.
>>
>>73664729
>the critical opinions from individual people somehow matter more than a large, diverse collective of people who are interested
A collective of autistic nerds? No, they don't matter at all. Stay butthurt, nerd.
>>
>>73664904
wow owned I just screencapped this cleverest response I've seen on /mu/
>>
>>73664732
That's just my opinion, dipshit. If I believe her albums are fantastic you have to deal with it.

>Go out there, be courageous, donwload some stuff
Why don't you do that instead whining and shitposting on a mongolian nail collecting imageboard? Why are you here, NEET? Practice what you preach, dummy.
>>
>>73664904
holy shit, you legend, i'm posting this directly to /r/4chan
>>
>>73664817
The problem is that you're a pleb unable to get into experimental pop.
>>
>>73664932
Woah, grimescucks get butthurt pretty easily when truth is spoken.
>>
>>73663953
I don't really understand this post. Joanna Newsom sure is great though, and Julia Holter is another fantastic contemporary female artist.
>>
>>73664952
Nigga I love experimental pop, I just dislike it when it's shit
>>
>>73664952
not liking a random redhead untalented indie poser singer =/= not liking experimental pop
>>
>>73664970
see this: >>73664458
>>
Grimesfags are the cancer of /mu/.
>>
>>73664955
You confuse the truth with the lies, that's the problem.

>>73664972
"Shit" is a subjective meaningless term. You just don't like her music, simple as that. Why? Maybe you're a mere pleb.
>>
>>73665019
Pleb is a meaningless subjective term as well, or at least as much as "shit" is. What's your point?
>>
>>73664977
>random
Huh? The most posted artist on your favorite shitposting board (moo) is not a random artist. Nice try disparaging her. You're wrong, tho.

You're not forced to like her music. But at least don't brag about your shitty taste like a twat.
>>
>>73663953

Joanna > PJ > Janelle > St Vincent > Julia > CRJ > FKA >>>>>>>>>>>> Grimes
>>
>>73665051
>the most posted artist
Delusions of grandeur, the post
>>
>>73665012
They're eating a rotting board, full of sexism, memes, shitposting, elitism and insults. They're doing a great service for cleaning up this place. The more autists sick of Grimesposting leaving this place, the better.
>>
>>73664904
And critics are the exception because ___?
>>
>>73665051
the most spammed/shilled by same few idiots =/= the most posted artist

Is Evanescence also mu-core because "Does /mu/ like death meatl?" thread is spammed every day? Of course not.
>>
>>73665067
Facts =/= Delusions of grandeur. Check the facts.
>>
>>73665080
Nothing wrong with memes, elitism, or insults. And if you seriously think that disliking a female artist is sexism or that a few random /pol/tarts measure how sexist the board is, you really are the autist here
>>
>>73665093
>the most spammed/shilled by same few idiots =/= the most posted artist
That's just your dumb opinion. The fact is the whole board knows her. If you dislike her, that's a different issue. Posting about an established artist is not shilling and spam. Get your shit together.

>Is Evanescence also mu-core because "Does /mu/ like death meatl?" thread is spammed every day? Of course not.
Why not? /mu/core is about popularity not quality. The quality is S U B J E C T I V E. Drill that into your dumb head.
>>
File: mucore.jpg (3MB, 2060x3825px) Image search: [Google]
mucore.jpg
3MB, 2060x3825px
>>73665051
>"the most posted artist on the board" is not even on the version of /mu/-core that features a few hundred albums

Consider suicide.
>>
>>73665139
/mu/core is about how well-liked, generally, an artist is. Both Grimes and Evanescence are not well-liked enough to be /mu/core
>>
>>73665126
Dude, let's not pretend that /mu/ as a whole is not sexist. It stinks of sexism. You always see those dumb threads objectifying and insulting female artists. I would be rich if I'd earn a dollar for every case of sexism I've seen here.
>>
>>73665139
>Posting about an established artist is not shilling and spam

That's true, it isn't. But spamming her face onto every thread that is slightly relevant to pop or any other female artist is indeed spamming and shilling.
>>
>>73665170
>Both Grimes and Evanescence are not well-liked enough to be /mu/core
Then why are they on various /mu/core charts?
>>
>artist of the decade
>highest rated album 3.40 on rym

kek
>>
>>73665185
Show me a generally used /mu/core chart with Evanescence

>>73665171
>it's sexist because I say so
D I S C A R D E D
>>
>>73665204
>Show me a generally used /mu/core chart with Evanescence

Or with Grimes for that matter
>>
>>73665157
>naive dumbass who believes anything /mu/ tell him to like
That is one of the many /mu/core charts, not the bible. It doesn't have Grimes? Big deal. Who gives a fuck?

>Consider suicide.
I'll leave to you that "honor", dipshit.
>>
>>73665182
>But spamming her face onto every thread that is slightly relevant to pop or any other female artist is indeed spamming and shilling.
It's not. Comparing artists to each other is not spamming or shilling. Freedom of speech is good only when it has advantages to you?
>>
>>73665238
Can you read? He's just disputing your claim that Grimes is the most posted artist on here, not your claim that she's good
>>
>>73665238
/mu/-core charts show what the most discussed albums and artists on /mu/ are. You said Grimes is the most posted one (lmao) and even on this chart with a few hundred most discussed albums she's not there - which means she is FAR from the most discussed.

>It doesn't have Grimes? Big deal. Who gives a fuck?
You do apparently.
>>
>>73665263
Only good rating sites for music are those that rate Grimes highly, so RYM is shit automatically?
>>
>>73665288
I didn't say if she's good or not on that post. Her popularity ("the most posted artist on here") has nothing to do with a dumb chart made years ago when Grimesposting was less frequent. Whoever did that chart maybe would include Grimes too if he would do it today.
>>
>>73665311
You said that he was believing whatever /mu/ told him to do, which he objectively wasn't. He was using the most popular /mu/core chart to prove you wrong.
>>
I like PJ Harvey. I think it's neat she has made good music in three different decades.
>>
>>73665309
RYM is shit in general, not just in this case. They pretend to be elitist but they included the same tired classics in their overall top. They pretend to not be rockists to be but they push rock, jazz, folk, hip-hop and metal and underrate pop, electronic, R&B, soul, disco, reggae and so on. They pretend to dig modern music but underrate most new albums no matter how good they are. Basically they're living in their own undisturbed bubble.
>>
>>73665342
And those charts, who did them? Not some random anons who happened to be at that time? Why their opinions should matter to ME?
>>
>>73665381
>underrate pop, electronic, R&B, soul, disco, reggae
All of those genres have many widely acclaimed artists an albums, except for maybe disco, which was nothing more than music to dance to (although there are good albums from it).
>they pretend to dig modern music
Many modern albums are very liked there. Give me an album (other than one by Grimes) that you feel is underrated and modern.
>they pretend to not be rockists but they push rock, jazz, folk, hip-hop
If they push those other three genres, then they're not rockists

>>73665400
>why should their opinions matter to ME?
They shouldn't, then why do you continue claiming that Grimes is the most talked about artist?
>>
>>73665449
>They shouldn't, then why do you continue claiming that Grimes is the most talked about artist?
Because those are facts. She's the only one with daily threads reaching bump limits almost every time. Facts are facts.
>>
>>73665487
>daily threads hitting bump limit
Propelled by around 30 people, sure. Meanwhile, the Beatles have like 5 related threads a day, all of which get at least 100 posts. Also, bands like NMH and MBV face constant discussion
>>
>>73665487
Those threads have almost none musical discussion whatsoever. I think KPOP threads have better music discussion that those Grimes threads.
>>
>>73665487
having one active general =/= being the most posted artist

Not everything needs a general. There's a reason moot separated /vg/ as videogame generals from /v/, because people were getting tired of generals. Not everything is in generals. Having said that, hundreds of other artists are posted more, but in separate threads.
>>
>>73665530
>Those threads have almost none musical discussion whatsoever. I think KPOP threads have better music discussion that those Grimes threads.
Are you talking out your ass? There is quite a lot of music discussion, especially when a troll tries to prove them wrong and fails. BTW, artist discussion is allowed too. Read the rules.

>Propelled by around 30 people, sure. Meanwhile, the Beatles have like 5 related threads a day, all of which get at least 100 posts.
100 posts? Grimes has many other additional threads that add up. Maybe you're right: maybe she's not the most discussed artist right now (she's between albums) but things will go back on track when she will release a new album. In any case she's certainly the most discussed female artist by far.
>>
>>73665566
The thing is that she's posted a lot even outside her general thread.
>>
>>73665625
>she's certainly the most discussed female artist
Newsom gets talked about way more often, same for Billinda from MBV
>>
>>73665642
>Newsom gets talked about way more often, same for Billinda from MBV
No. You're completely wrong. Lurk more.

Search the archives with their names and see the results if you don't believe me.
>>
>>73665752
Once again, we can pretty much discount the generals for the lack of a significant amount of posters and the clear crossover between generals
>>
File: v40uY9tr.png (48KB, 1014x743px) Image search: [Google]
v40uY9tr.png
48KB, 1014x743px
>>73665826
Do you realize that is a general thread about ONE artist? And that general thread reaches the bump limit almost every time? What bigger proof of popularity do you want?
>>
>>73665936
Around 40 people maintaining a constant general =/= legitimate popularity
>>
Why you guys even reply to that retard is beyond me
>>
87 / 7 / 13 / 10
>>
>>73664143
/thread
>>
>>73665948
Wrong. There are some regulars here but there aren't the same 40 every time. Just the simple fact you're discussing her right now and wasting your time (instead doing something productive) means she's actually popular.
>>
>>73668016
No it doesn't, it means that I have nothing better to do. And yes, almost everyone calls back to previous threads and has experience of the threads. At least 25 of the same posters are there
>>
>>73669516
Stop bullshitting; you have no access to the IPs' list. Solid proof or gtfo, simple as that.
>>
>>73663953
LMAO OP TOOK THE BAIT
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>73670467
huh?
>>
>>73670429
You're right. I don't. I'd be way more surprised if there were more, considering that most of the people throughout threads have very similar ways of speaking and continue arguments from previous threads. I've also noticed grimesfags often using the terms "that's just your shitty opinion", the "expecting to be taken seriously" meme, "stay mad, autist", using the same images with the same filename, and more.
>>
>>73671973
>he never heard of fanbase culture and memes
You must be new here.

>grimesfags
>expecting to be taken seriously
>>
>>73671973
BTW, why do you visit her threads so much if you dislike her? Are you an autist or a masochist?
>>
>>73672676
That doesn't explain the same patterns in their sentences, although that's just a minor observation I made. Nice meme, also.
>>
>>73672694
Why are you visiting this anti-Grimes thread if you like her so much? Are you [insert description that would be insulting] or something?
>>
>18 faggots arguing about Grimes
>Grimes fans are overcompensating for a 6/10 (at best) artist
>again
really makes you think
>>
>>73672706
You must be a robot if you calculate patterns and shit. How did you manage to solve captchas to post your ramblings?
>>
>>73672747
>a 6/10 (at best) artist
>he took that rating out of his fat ass
>implying a 6/10 rating is bad
really makes you think
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.