[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pedals/FX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: s-l500.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
Does anybody have any experience with this pedal? Is it any good? What other metal pedals should I look into? Delay pedals? Post your gear, y'all.
I should note I'm looking for good pedals for harsh noise, so if that's what you make, I'd really love some input.
>>
Oh also, if you have amp recommendations, I'm open to those as well. I've been using my monitors.
>>
Never owned one but I think MXR is a pretty reputable brand.
>>
File: metal zone.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
metal zone.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
>>73659655
>>
>>73659822
Ah good
I'm also looking at Boss, is the HM-2 a meme or is it actually good?

>>73659863
Oh hey, right on time
How is that one?
>>
>>73659863
Oh, it's a meme
>>
>>73659875
>>73659655
For some reason I'm not able to post a picture of my noise setup, but it's a 12 string Taylor electroacoustic, ampeq head, fender cab, boss digital delay & harmonist, pitchfork pitch modulator, freeze sustain,big muff, and boss overdrive
>>
MXR makes good stuff. There are a lot of new distortion pedals being made that focus more on fuzz/crunch tones that if you can dial in just right you get sick tone for metal if you can crank it. Most metal distortion pedals all sound the same to me, overly gainy noise that drowns out the guitar signal, some with better eq controls than others. Most of your tone will come from your amp and most of that tone will depend on your cab. Idk what your budget is but if you can find a good tube amp for a good deal then you should be set. I don't mind solid states but tubes are just better sounding. Also fuck pedals that have tubes in them, that just seems asinine to me.
>>
just get a big muff or a tube screamer bro
>>
>>73659655
This was actually the first pedal I ever owned. I bought it in like 09 or so

I still have it to this day and actually use it in my noise setup! Its really good for it in my opinion. I use it with a metal zone
>>
>>73660579
Thanks, anon! I watched some demos and I like the sound, I think I'm gonna get one.
>>
I was at Guitar Center the other day and saw a pedal like pic related, only with less dials.

It looked interesting. Anyone have any experience with a cassette effect pedal? Is it just another ambient meme pedal?
>>
File: t-rex_replicator_001.jpg (137KB, 1152x800px) Image search: [Google]
t-rex_replicator_001.jpg
137KB, 1152x800px
>>73660630

Forgot pic
>>
Kinda unrelated, but Modulargrid implemented a new pedalboard system for people trying to plan out/organize pedalboard builds.
>>
>>73659655
Yes, I own it. It's pure and utter shit and the distortion sounds like pure ass.

My friend I was sort of in a band with was basically like "dude, GAIN, lmao" and told me to get it so I impulsively did. It's pretty crap.
>>
>>73660630
>>73660662
Seems like a bit of a meme, can't you get one of those old roland tape echos for the same price? Also does anyone know that company making new tape echos, but in a weird format? It was circular in design.
>>
>>73659655
I make harsh noise as well, I use an EHX Metal Muff as my primary distortion, it has a really sensitive EQ so it can make quite a variety of sounds. I've also got some cheap chinese octave fuzz that's pretty fun to play around with.

I'd definitely suggest getting a delay pedal as well, ideally one that will self-oscillate if you turn up the feedback enouch. I've got a 25 dollar Behringer analog delay and using it at the start of a chain of distortions and shit and letting it self-oscillate can produce some insane sounds.

Other than that, it honestly mostly comes down to experimenting and seeing what you personally like, especially with harsh noise everyone will have wildly different preferences. What do you use for an initial sound source before any pedals? Experimenting with different sources can sometimes be a lot more interesting than just adding pedals
>>
File: noise.jpg (69KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
noise.jpg
69KB, 500x700px
>>73660041
here is a picture
>>
>>73659655
I use this or a boss ds 2 distortion. I like mxr, I play hardcore punk/death metal crossover and I use Marshall jcm 2000 head amp. I go specifically for an 80s punk metal sound
>>
>>73659655
It sounds like shit, just like most "metal" pedals. So much noise and treble it completely drowns your fundamentals when you play chords, so limit it to solos and high pitched riffs if you dig this kind of abominable sound.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.