[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is misogyny generally overlooked in hip-hop/rap but John

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2471.jpg (260KB, 1920x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2471.jpg
260KB, 1920x938px
Why is misogyny generally overlooked in hip-hop/rap but John Lennon gets memed on here every other thread?
>>
misogyny implies hatred

men dont hate women for what they are, they hate them for what theyre trying to be -- shitty men
>>
Lennon is white and sacred so criticizing him is iconoclasm.

Rappers are black and frequently criticized by the media so criticizing them is conformity.
>>
jesus fucking christ what is it with this board and beatles recently?
don't you people know any other bands other than beatles and nirvana? why is there so much spam?
>>
>>73658071
It's just a meme, lad, don't get your panties stuck in your asshole
>>
>>73658110
Because they're genuinely great musicians who made fantastic classic music. And it's better than having a bunch bullshit rap thread being pop-up every second of the day.
>>
>>73658107
neither of these are remotely true
>>
>>73658144
>Because they're genuinely great musicians
there are hundreds of thousands of good bands you could post and talk about instead of spamming the single one all day every day
>>
>>73658110
I miss the goths.
>>
John Lennon's shittiness also gets blown out of proportion. He was an asshole for sure, but it's not like he beat every girlfriend he has daily like fucking Dr. Dre
>>
wait i though lennon beat his wife was being ironically posted. i know he did it but i thought everyone would say it as a meme because it didnt matter
>>
>>73658320
this

it was literally a 1 time thing that he felt bad about afterwards but people act like he was punching the bitch 24/7
>>
>>73658110
They are the best selling and well known band of all time and have a good legacy behind them. It's like if /a/ stopped talking about Evangelion and if /tv/ stopped talking about The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>73658227
Because people are now getting into the Beatles so they're sparking up threads about them, how retarded do you have to be to not understand that? I'm just grateful that people aren't talking about nigger music.
>>
>>73658427
Also Chris Brown did nothing wrong.

Rhiana was slapping the shit out of him when driving. Doing this could cause an accident...

He hit her by reflex because she was slapping him repeatedly while he was trying to fucking drive.

But the media makes out like he just hit her for no reason.

Rhiana slapping him when trying to drive literally was putting his life at risk.
>>
>>73658445
"nigger" music includes genres such as Jazz, rock, funk, blues and RNB... not just rap.

Just saying.
>>
>>73658071
>>73655915
>>
>>73658431
>(Not true, by the way)
>>
>>73658523
Nope, they're referred as musician and are placed in their respected genres. Rap on the other hand is nigger music.
>>
>>73658558
How ignorant are you exactly?
>>
Whites are held more accountable for their actions because they're seen as more capable of being decent human beings.

Like how you wouldn't get annoyed by a baby peeing themselves in the same way you would an adult.
>>
>>73658608
How much of a faggot are you?
>>
>>73658725
If pointing out ignorance makes me a faggot then I'm a 10/10 faggot.
>>
>>73658757
>People shamelessly admitting to licking and getting fucked in the asshole

reddit is truly here.
>>
>>73658757
That's the gayest thing that ever read.
>>
>>73658869
i can see what tone you were going for but you botched it..
>>
File: 1403128934852.jpg (141KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1403128934852.jpg
141KB, 717x880px
>>73659063
Great, now fuck, faggot.
>>
>>73659099
Off, of course >>73659063
>>
>>73659063
>>73659099
im not even the guy you responded to brainlets...
>>
>>73659166
No, you don't fucking say, I must've missed read your user name, oh, wait, we don't have one you fatass mouth breathing retard.
>>
>>73658071
It's a given when it's a rapper. We hold them to a lower standard, so when it happens, it's business as usual. They acted like we expected them to.

>>73658495
Not only is this not accurate in the slightest, he has a storied history of violence to quell any implication that it was a one-time thing.
>>
>>73658757

Lol gey
>>
>>73659220

OMFG i just diarrhea'd on my fucking inbred
>>
File: 1491844726602.jpg (25KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
1491844726602.jpg
25KB, 579x329px
>>73659290
That was terrible, Anon.
>>
>>73659220
i was just commenting on your poor banter, good job on proving that point though
>>
>>73659645
How would've any who browse this cesspool know that? That was some reddit tier shitposting. Glad that you proved my original comments of you need to go back, you faggot.
>>
>>73659239
>Not only is this not accurate in the slightest, he has a storied history of violence to quell any implication that it was a one-time thing.

This is wrong you retarded tumblr feminist.
>>
>>73659752
youre confused and it bores me, keep shouting reddit spastically etc
>>
>>73658110
>he still believes that /mu/, or any other place on the Internet for that matters, is a place for serious discussion of topics

Top kek
>>
Nobody mentions Gary glitter in all this? Guy was a legit kiddy fiddler

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ2p8_4pqTI
>>
>>73658757
>being this much of a faggot
>>
new song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3y0mXiDYg
>>
>>73658110
>jesus fucking christ what is it with this board and beatles recently?
>recently
It's been like this since I've coming to /mu/, which was five years ago.
>>
>>73659782
>This is wrong you retarded tumblr feminist.
http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/chris-brown-violent-behavior-timeline/
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/timeline-of-chris-browns-history-of-violence-towards-women-w437531

But let it be said that good on him for getting Suge Knight at a party, even he wasn't directly involved with it. Fucker deserves to die a horrible death.
>>
>>73658153
ye dey r muh niggar
>>
>>73658071
The "John Lennon beat his wife" thing is just a meme because people make such a big deal out of John Lennon beating his wife at any opportunity that Lennon is brought up. It's like that Onion article, there are people who take any opportunity that John Lennon is brought up to mention that he beat his wife, or that he neglected his son.
>>73661259
Gary's a complete social pariah anyway though
>>
>>73658107
LMFAO
>numales actually believe this
You got it exactly the wrong way around.
>>
>>73658107
>Rappers are black and frequently criticized by the media so criticizing them is conformity.
Even if that's true, why are you so spooked by conformity? Iconoclasm for the sake of Iconoclasm doesn't destroy the establishment; it only creates a new one as ruthless as the last.
>>
>>73658107
plusgood duckspeak comrade
>>
Because John Lennon was violent, not a misogynist. In his younger years he beat up whoever. And even then when it came to women, his "beatings" were no more than a slap. Honestly the bigger story that no one gives a shit about is him beating the absolute shit out of other men.

In his later years he was one of the first pop stars to be outspoken feminist. Maybe that's why people give him a pass you retards.

I swear there's so much bullshit and misinformation floating around John Lennon nowadays. He wasn't a perfect man, but he wasn't a hypocrite. He turned to peace and feminism BECAUSE he knew he was a douche and was always open about that. He never tried to hide it, and honestly made a far greater positive impact on the world due to it.
>>
>>73658558
tru, Im sure If someone told you I hate nigger music the first thing to come mind is rap, not
Marvin Gaye or Michael Jackson
>>
>>73658071
You can be a misogynist under one condition: you hide it under veil of hypocrisy. So do conservative right-wingers, The Beatles also did it. Just kill with a smile.
>>
The "so did he really kill all those people" of /mu/
>>
>>73660267
Woke up, got out of bed and saw that you posted this. What a faggot.
>>
>>73664479
Them darn conservative right wingers!
>>
I meme John all the time and I don't even really care if he beat his woman or not. You guys look way too hard into this. You're getting worse than SJWs.
>>
>>73658071
He is perceived as inoffensive, so making the accusation that he's misogynistic (which is a really bad thing to say when you retire the irony) makes it funny. It's a meme board, not a music board.
>>
>>73658757
What do you think this is, a 90's movie?
>>
>Why is misogyny generally overlooked in hip-hop/rap

It's not. The right complains about it literally every day. Every single day with the "muh double standard" and "muh liberal hypocrisy" and "why do niggies get to do it but I don't??" :(

Are you asking why liberals like me don't wake up every morning to complain about rap music? Well, if you ask black women, they'll usually tell you racism is a bigger problem and to leave addressing sexism within the black community to actual black people. So the only reason I would take up that fruitless cause (which, again, black women have made clear is not my business) would be if I had some ax to grind against the black community.
>>
>>73664589
Neo/mu/ are taking over with their shitty taste in music and thin skin.
>>
File: 22875229.png (142KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
22875229.png
142KB, 500x586px
>>
>>73658071
Because nobody expects blacks to be capable of behaving themselves or having self-control.
People expect better from whites.

>Rappers are black and frequently criticized by the media

Maybe 30 years ago.
>>
>>73658071
>misogyny generally overlooked in hip hop
Oh fuck you, comparing rappers making a million "get on my dick" songs to a guy who kicked the shit out of his wife regularly is honestly disgusting.

Like, I know you're just looking for attention because you made of music thread that does it's best to avoid talking about music you could never get, but go die in a fire you fucking tool.

Even comparing their songs, you can go fuck yourself. Both John and rappers talked about stealing girlfriends a lot, but rappers very rarely ever got as possessive to threaten her with physical harm if she talks to another guy like John did in Run for Your Life.

Here's my question, how come rappers being creeps in clubs is seen as more shitty than John threatening to assault women in his music? Chris Brown is the worst person who ever lived but John's a beacon of peace. Yeah, the difference for most is (admitted by them) Chris sucks and John doesn't, but if we're going by your non existent standards of discourse, who sucks clearly doesn't matter.

Fuck off you cancer.
>>
>>73664666
that's not true. you're projecting your own racism onto other people. the people who actually believe that white people are better than black people certainly dont give them a pass for rap.
>>
>>73664725
>to a guy who kicked the shit out of his wife regularly
[citation needed]
>>
>>73664725
>reddit spacing
>>73664759
>>>Go back r/music
>>
>>73664780
t. Nu-male

Do us a favor and fuck off.
>>
>>73664780
>le deflection XDD
*upvote*
Now take your karma and fuck off back, summerfag.
>>
>>73658107
How do you manage to perceive as truth the opposide of the truth?
>>
>>73658071
because it's illegal to critique black culture
>>
>>73664643
worst post ITT
>>
>>73658110
The only thing worse than someone who only talks about the Beatles and puts them on an untouchable pedestal, is someone who thinks it's cool to discredit or dislike the Beatles because they're so popular.
>>
Because it's generally accepted as a part of black culture. They're less civilized so they get a free pass. I think it's bullshit but guilt-filled white people seem to think it's okay for blacks but not for anyone else.
>>
>>73658071
Because most rappers get forgotten by everyone who isn't a massive rap fan overtime (with some exceptions, 2Pac) but the Beatles have been both popular and successful for 50 years and everyone knows at least 1 Beatles song even if they don't know that it is a Beatles song, or even who the Beatles are.

Also Sgt Peppers can get #1 on the UK charts after 50 years but like what the fuck has Andre 3000 or 50 Cent been doing with their lives. John Lennon died nearly 40 years ago and I saw some nobody sell a shitload of cd's on a trip to Paris just because he played Imagine on the street.
>>
>>73665754
Exactly gulit ridden whites dont even realize that they are the most racist of all.

They see blacks as these low level animals of the human race that shouldn't be held accountable for anything. It's fucking sickening.
>>
>>73658757
Found the roastie
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.