[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question for rap fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: xa31urzb395z.jpg (42KB, 720x594px) Image search: [Google]
xa31urzb395z.jpg
42KB, 720x594px
I plan on starting a rap career and I just want to get some opinions on something real quick:

Does it look weird to you when a new, underground rapper buys a feature from a popular rapper before "paying his dues"? And by popular, I mean rappers in the 100k-300k Soundcloud follower range. Something that would cost under $4000. Think Keith Ape, Robb Banks, Ski Mask The Slump God, etc.

When you see a dude with around 1k-2k Soundcloud or Twitter followers drop a song with a popular internet rapper, do you think "I guess I should get to know this guy" or do you think "Wow this guy is desperate"?
>>
it can go well but more often than not it's better just to let it go organically. A lot of people will only care to hear the established dudes verse and if the established dude didnt even care enough to bring anything good to the table then its a complete waste
>>
>>73657157
try to get it on your own merit because adding a feature will bring people in solely because of the feature and if the song isnt good enough to stand alone with him then its a waste of time and money
>>
>>73657157
>Wow this guy is desperate
Unless you're terrible no one will think that. Rap fans are simple in the sense that if your shit is good, people will like it and if your shit is trash people will make fun of you. Just make sure your music (and image) is undeniable and do whatever you can to get eyes on it. $4K seems like a bargain for a feature from some of the guys you mentioned.
>>
>>73657417
>$4K seems like a bargain for a feature from some of the guys you mentioned.

I'm not too sure about feature pricing but Yachty said his features were $3500 around the time he started doing big radio interviews so I assumed that these dudes would be less.
>>
>>73657571
Damn, I had no idea features were so cheap. But yeah, as long as your songs are 100% confirmed heat then I would say it's a smart investment.
>>
>>73657157
>I plan on starting a rap career
Stop tight here. Don't. Just don't even try. The barrier to entry in trying to become a rapper is extremely low, that means there's a billion other kids doing the same thing which means you have a very low of even being moderately successful if not NO chance.
>>
It's sorta happened before. Nickelus F has had features from Drake, but a big part of that is apparently that F helped Drake become a rapper eons ago.
>>
>>73657672
Maybe "career" was the wrong way of putting it. I'm not putting all of my eggs in that basket unless I blow up.

The fact that there are zillions who are trying to do the same thing makes me think that buying a popular feature wouldn't be so bad. It almost makes hip hop feel kinda pay-to-win but I guess there's no shame in taking advantage of that.
>>
>>73657665
>>73657571

>several grand for a single verse is cheap

Holy shit I'm in the wrong line of work, guess it's time to become a rapper.
>>
>>73659167
Well I mean you need to be in the top 0.1% of rappers to command that.
>>
has anyone asked op if he's white yet?
>>
>>73659200

That sounds pretty easy to do, that's like one out of every thousand people.
>>
>>73659206
I am. I don't think it'll harm my career much.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.