[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tha Carter III received universal acclaim from music critics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2857.jpg (154KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2857.jpg
154KB, 1000x1000px
Tha Carter III received universal acclaim from music critics and earned Lil Wayne several accolades, including a spot on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
>>
>>73651125
his only good/great album

hiphop classic
>>
Isn't Lil Wayne a respected Southern rapper bedore with Hot Boyz? Why did he turn to a meme?
>>
Well yeah music critics are corporate sheep in the business of selling music, not analyzing it.
>>
Did it really? I mean, sure I liked it when I was 17 but now? Doesn't hold up IMO. I guess it's his best, and I have a nostalgic connection to it, but I couldn't give it more than a 6/10. Meh.
>>
>>73651303
It's still the bomb.
I'll show my kids Carter III
>>
>>73651125

Tha Carter II is better tbqfh
>>
>>73651303
This. I'll never understand why Lil Wayne was so highly regarded, and I'm not even some contrarian who hates pop rap. Guys like Ludacris, 50 Cent, Nelly, Drake etc all made sense to me. Lil Wayne never did. IMO his music was incredibly repetitive and bland.
>>
tha carter iii is a classic hip hop album and from 2006-2011 wayne was the best rapper active so that seems about right

>>73651201
as his career continued he either

a. he realized how much he was getting fucked (literally and metaphorically) and kind of just gave up
or
b. just got bored with being the best rapper and started fucking around skateboarding and phoning it in

regardless after CIII & No Ceilings to an extent as well wayne's music took a nose dive. he went from one of the best and most innovative rappers of all time to a derivative sad has been, and after I am Not a Human Being II it was curtains.

lately hes been actually trying on features again because he must have gotten wind of all the fallen off comments, but he cant put out a real body of work because of label issues so his classic period keeps becoming a more and more distant memory
>>
>>73651359
If you love your kids you'll show them Dedication II and Da Drought III
>>
>>73651389
maybe better rapping but CIII is more creative and has better songs.

>>73651390
because he was doing something really weird and different while rapping his ass off. it doesn't sound innovative now because literally every rapper in the world sounds like him. he was also on literally every remix/featured on probably thousands of songs during his peak
>>
>>73651427

Carter III is bloated with terrible pop songs though. Carter II is all killer no filler.

>>73651391

>tha carter iii is a classic hip hop album and from 2006-2011 wayne was the best rapper active so that seems about right

MF DOOM you fucking faggot
>>
>>73651490
the only solo album DOOM released during that time was born like this you fucking faggot
>>
>>73651490
Doom is a joke
>>
>>73651490
>>73651490
>Carter III is bloated with terrible pop songs though.
agree to disagree

>MF DOOM
youre right, poor choice of words on my part. greatest rapper in the industry better? the more technical MCs like DOOM, Aesop, etc.dont really operate in the same industry as more "mainstream"
>>
more like lol wayne amirite
>>
>>73651634

and Born Like This is one of his best, blows Carter III out of the water

kys
>>
>>73651785
nope even CII is better than Born Like This
>>
>>73651785
1 album, where DOOM peaked several years before it, vs Wayne's albums and mixtapes

hmm
>>
>>73651842

SHIT

TASTE!!!!
>>
File: 1428352270159.jpg (101KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1428352270159.jpg
101KB, 540x960px
>>73651390
>Nelly
>>
>>73651772
>lol wayne
lol
>>
>>73651772
top jej
>>
So funny to see /mu/ discuss commercial icons so seriously lol
>>
>>73651125
>Rolling Stone

Opinions discarded
>>
>>73651125
And it deserved it all. Let the Beat Build is one of the greatest tracks of the 00s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4q6MIsvroU
>>
>>73653581
I hope you're fucking joking
>>
File: _1.jpg (13KB, 235x210px) Image search: [Google]
_1.jpg
13KB, 235x210px
>>73653625
Wayne was on top of the world from the mid-to-late 00s, everyone wanted a feature or work with him. Tha Carter III was massive when it dropped, you just need to ask anyone black which song was their ringtone in school. Classic album.
>>
>>73653581
>>73653730
sick b8 m8
>>
>>73653742
>b8
That's a weird way to spell facts.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.