[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>honestly believing the music you listen to has anything to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0266.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0266.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>honestly believing the music you listen to has anything to do with who you are as a person
>being naive and vain enough to think artists you've conflated with yourself represent you at all
>>
moreso true for the digital or modern era
but still true
>>
I felt this way age 15-20.
Feels so cringe looking back.
>>
I think the kind of music you listen to does represent something about your personality, like if you're a charismatic person who likes partying you might listen to a lot of hip hop (as is the case with some people I know). There's also the case of people who "enjoy" certain artists because they aspire to be like that person, but that's very superficial and not a genuine representation of what you're really like. In my case I listen to a lot of folk and prog, which sort of mirrors my other interests (hiking, science fiction) that I developed as a result of my personality.
>>
>>73648888

Quads bestows wisdom
>>
>>73649008

I know too many skinny, pansy-ass, "allies" who are metalheads to think anything about music represents lifestyle.
>>
>>73648835

Being into music is a lot more than just listening to music. If you don't go to a lot of concerts and involve yourself with the community, and style your fashion after your favorite genres, you don't genuinely love music.
>>
It's not about the music you listen to, it's about WHY you listen to who you listen to.

Your philosophies, beliefs can be interpreted very easily from your listening habits.
>>73649668
This, going to concerts is a minimum
>>
>>73649032
>"allies"
>>
>>73649668
>and style your fashion after your favorite genres
Dumbest thing I've read all day
>>
>>73649668
>involve yourself with the community
>involve yourself
>community
>fashion
buddy i play keys around town with my band, sometimes i fill in for my friends (shoegaze), all of them are all slid into to the tightest clothes you can find and here i am in my t-shirt and gym shorts and no one has ever slighted me for not "looking the part" if anything i get points for not caring about that shit
>>
>>73649766
Upvoted. Got a link to your blog?
>>
>>73649696
>Your philosophies, beliefs can be interpreted very easily from your listening habits.
while there is no lie here, the same can be said about your choice of car, or the food you eat, or pretty much every choice you make. attaching so much weight to once facet of your life is amusing however, i guess it's some people's dream to fit nicely on the store shelf
>>
File: 1496772544348.png (313KB, 440x485px) Image search: [Google]
1496772544348.png
313KB, 440x485px
>>73648835
This is seriously what the vast majority of /mu/ believes and thinks. Really sad to be perfectly honest. If it actually were true (hypothetically speaking) I would be a fucking schizo.
>>
>>73649668
>talks about fashion in a thread that criticizes vanity in music

Shiggy
>>
>>73649032
They just listen to cuck metal, look at all the alt right brainlets who love Burzum
>>
>>73648835
No one said that
>>
>>73649668
>If you don't go to a lot of concerts and involve yourself with the community, and style your fashion after your favorite genres, you don't genuinely love music.
This maybe not be the dumbest thing I've read on /mu/, but it's definitely up there.
>>
>>73649668
Crass declared punk dead because of shit like that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.