[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 71

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZjB3WTQtQ

previous thread >>73610812
>>
>>73648372
You forgot the OP pasta:

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html
>>
>>73648395
no i didn't.
>>
@accel my rec is uhh

eldridge skell's rude staircase - sookie jump
>>
File: image001.png (29KB, 129x127px) Image search: [Google]
image001.png
29KB, 129x127px
w o w
>>
Paging Unnamed Trip, gimme your best recc for final round

>>73648724
How do you even find these obscure albums that happen to be very great

>>73648372
no
>>
Good lord with the fucking slowcore and postpunk :/ ugh
>>
>>73649262
then listen to the postcore instead
>>
>>73649282
I'd rather DIE.

What's postcore?
>>
File: folder.jpg (276KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
276KB, 1024x1024px
>>73649300
Who's Dom? by Can I Get the Fuckin', Like, Yeah the, Umm
>>
File: IMG_4201.jpg (236KB, 1159x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4201.jpg
236KB, 1159x776px
>>73649375
jfc -_-
>>
>>73648395
I wish I could forget the OP pasta.
>>
>>73649397
get on that gy!be joint rn
>>
>>73649469
Fuck no
>>
>>73649027
i m the true tastemaker
>>
File: 1477095922318.jpg (79KB, 480x602px) Image search: [Google]
1477095922318.jpg
79KB, 480x602px
>Want Nanban Torai in FLAC to satisfy my autism
>The only guy who has it has a queue of 5000
oh
>>
>>73649899
lings so long ya be like :0
>>
>>73649961
rateyurmusic.com/&%&%&6&6&&6%%_£&££6&$6£££%6-6-&%&@6£&%&6£6&%&6&6&6&&£%&%&--6-&-
>>
File: saturdaynighbackcatalog.jpg (912KB, 3082x1372px) Image search: [Google]
saturdaynighbackcatalog.jpg
912KB, 3082x1372px
hey whats up /daily/
as the few of you who met me for the first time yesterday may know, ive been slowly making my way through the back catalogs of anthony braxton and john zorn. as both of these composers have HUGE discographies, im just going to be setting baby goals; that way it will feel like less of a chore
included in this chart are the first batch of records that i picked from both of these artists, as well as a few other miscellaneous releases that im interested in listening to and to keep things fresh
>>
>>73650455
I think you're the first poster to do rating out of 10 with decimals, noice. You're gonna do everything Zorn ever did? Have you heard any Naked City yet?
>>
>>73649262
uh those are good genres
>>73650455
>100 point rating scale
meme
>>
>>73650812
yeah ive heard most of john zorns stuff but theres still a considerable amount of things i havent heard
>>73650821
only reason im doing 100 point scale is because single numbers by themselves look weird on the chart; its for aesthetics mainly
>>
go vegan
>>
Was there someone here who was obsessed with Casiopea? Listening to something of theirs now and it's fun
>>
>>73651128
>giving up cheese
lel never
>>
>>73651407
Mark And, you might like this, reminds me of Sunshower without vocals
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEI3PpXEAo
>>
File: tourneymeantj.jpg (288KB, 1601x817px) Image search: [Google]
tourneymeantj.jpg
288KB, 1601x817px
>Melt-banana - Cell-scape
It's cool, really liked the guitarist who's obviously a big fan of Tom Morello. Thee rest of the band are alright and 1 or 2 songs are kinda bad but overall it's good, the fun effects stuff on the guitar makes it. 3.5/5

>Comus - First Utterance
Fuck me did I not enjoy this. Gryphon but they're singing about rape. It's not completely irredeemable, a couple parts are nice but it's just so boring, I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say the atmosphere is great. Only the lyrics provide any atmosphere and even then they're not consistently good. It is just prog folk with a bit of tribal influenced drumming. Every song lasts far too long, I was begging for it to finish. I can't understand why absolutely everyone in here likes or loves it. 2-/5
>>
File: skaterboarder.jpg (34KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
skaterboarder.jpg
34KB, 335x335px
>>73651937
>comus a 2
>>
80 tokens
fuark yes brah
>>
File: yes.png (1MB, 1501x953px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
1MB, 1501x953px
i tried, i really did....... but i cant handle yall's EAI shiiiet!

gob's four hour thrash metal album actually shreds. this one guy can really pull off some solid cheesy riffs, program a drum machine, and ramble about anything that has to deal with god and killing infidels and is at least 1000 years old! i have a lot of love for cheesy and/or good thrash metal so gob got lucky. it would be a lot better if he'd cut out about an hour or two off of this, but i didn't really care much about the length since i did tackle it a bit slowly.

cunt has highest score, so he gets to pick the category for next round, and he has chosen:

>2017!
pick an album from the "stuff i want to listen to" from the following list:

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/yamir/2017-music-gets-worse-again/

be prepared to provide a download link if you pick something that isn't available via my sources... bet you wish you'd suggested some albums for this list when i asked for them!

>>73651937
>comus a 2-
>It is just prog folk with a bit of tribal influenced drumming.
i... i think i need to take a break for a while.... usually i dont care at all for anything daily has to say about anything but this really activated my almonds
>>
>>73652004
Bread's dead, baby.
>>
>>73652038
imma cheat
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/robbie-basho/live-in-forli-italy-1982/
>>
>>73652038
yeah I'm gonna say the uhhhh
Art Blakey tribute EP
>>
>>73652004
yer gonna get outscored by transgod, ur toast

>>73652038
>It is just prog folk with a bit of tribal influenced drumming
literally the most accurate review written on this album other than perhaps the one saying this is scooby doo music

Really though, what does set it apart for you?
>>
>>73650455
hit that dadawah joint
>>73651937
>a couple parts are nice but it's so boring
...what
diana is a 10/10 song tho
>>73652038
eai is a big ol meme
>>
>>73651937
I'm not a hater, I can respect this Comus opinion. Prog stuff very often straddles this fine line between cool and stupid. I do like First Utterance, but I also see how others find it silly.
>>
File: Random.jpg (1MB, 2272x1884px) Image search: [Google]
Random.jpg
1MB, 2272x1884px
Mark And won last round with Public Image.

>blapp vs woolite

The cover art I think best represents Bowery Electric. Cold, industrial, but still underlying charming. The very first song just lures you in with a tight groove and bassline, and whispered vocals. The overall blend of trip hop grooves with dirgy basslines, and shoegazey ambient textures is solid. I generally could imagine some mysterious night-time drives with this kind of music. The way the bassline and drum grooves commandeer the majority of the tracks is also interesting, how all the surrounding elements can somewhat decay around it, in a very nice way, of course. In some ways, the tracks play with the idea of volume, rarely does the album ever "burst", almost like a bubble that may never pop. Best way to describe this album is like the more somber and less celebratory cousin of My Bloody Valentine's Soon. Groovy and hazy. And like you're encased in a cement of sorts. Highlights: Beat, Fear Of Flying, Black Light, Inside Out, Postscript, Low Density. (3.5/5)

Clube da Esquina is a very lovely album, and probably one of my favorites from MPB and Bossa Nova in general, so I was definitely excited to hear what Lo Borges had to offer in terms of solo material. I really like what is offered here. In some aspects, a lot of the songs are more groovier than Clube, nice and cozy, too. My problem is that for all of the groove and songwriting, I wish the songs weren't so short, and cut off, fade out so quickly. Many of the songs are just so quick and barebone that you wish they didn't fly over your head quick, especially since in some cases, it can certainly feel like the lavish production of the tracks was merely throwaway. Highlights: Fio da Navalha, Calibre, everything after Nao Se Apague Esta Noite. (3/5)

Blapp, you can advance again. I swear you're reading my mind.

Spots are still empty in one tourney. If you select an album, you could suggest a new album for the pile to use for a future tourney. ;-)
>>
File: 1467494839518.png (317KB, 580x427px) Image search: [Google]
1467494839518.png
317KB, 580x427px
>>73651937
>Comus
>2
>>
>>73653004
BACK TO MISSOULA
>>
File: BACKLOGG.jpg (1MB, 2415x1015px) Image search: [Google]
BACKLOGG.jpg
1MB, 2415x1015px
Just 8 to go, really want to clear this so I can start with a 201Xs chart to catch up
anyway

>Saturday Looks Good to Me - All Your Summer Songs
>Twee pop
3.5+
The title Meet Me by the Water is no joke, you can easily drown in the sound of this record. It's a twee pop record, but forget what you know about twee because this goes deeper, psychedelic influences and wall of sound going on that make this reminiscent of records from the 60s. Always accompained by great instrumentation that ranges from saxophones, trumpet, violin, cello, organ and lots more, and the best thing is that it all sounds so genuine.
Favorite tracks: Meet Me by the Water, Ambulance, Ultimate Stars

>Alice Coltrane - World Galaxy
>Spiritual jazz
4+
In my mind Alice Coltrane stands out as one of the most concistent musicians I've had the pleasure to listen. In this album she really took the spiritual thing to a whole new level, the takes on his husband pieces are the closest to jazz you'll get in this record and they don't dissapoint, while the "Galaxy" pieces in the middle move in other terrains. I mean the "galaxy" is in their title for a reason, this really takes you to places out of this world.
Favorite tracks: Galaxy in Turiya, Galaxy In Satchidananda, A Love Supreme
>>
>>73653402 >>73649027
>>
>>73653531
Wrong unnamed trip >:(
>>
>>73653555
what was that about trips?
>>
File: BIGDUMB.jpg (48KB, 226x305px) Image search: [Google]
BIGDUMB.jpg
48KB, 226x305px
>>73652004
>Says Crosseyed and Painless is bad
>>
>>73653531
u w8 m8
>>
>>73653531
Their trip name is literally "unnamed trip", they aren't actually unnamed like >>73654170
>>
fuck me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ9Gkg_tado
>>
File: IMG_6704.jpg (92KB, 1054x1150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6704.jpg
92KB, 1054x1150px
>>73652004
>says crosseyed and painless is bad
>thinks they can have an opinion on anything
>>
>>73651937
I disagree with your Comus opinion, however I still respect you as a person.
>>
File: PAN.png (2MB, 2400x1372px) Image search: [Google]
PAN.png
2MB, 2400x1372px
will be doing a chart on the PAN label along with my backlog chart on the side, once i finish the contest and the respective prize drones

>>73654277
is this talking heads

>>73651937
>Every song lasts far too long
oh no

At the simplest level, I liked the album for the singing + lyrics + catchiness, which was surprising for me since i normally don't like prog
>>
>>73654691
>is this talking heads
basically
>>
File: Daily 1.png (1MB, 1720x994px) Image search: [Google]
Daily 1.png
1MB, 1720x994px
>>73648372
>Aburadako - Ki-Ban

Not much to say here honestly. I fuck with the riffs pretty much across the board but the vocals aren't stimulating at all, and the instrumentals, despite the nice guitar work, aren't nearly interesting enough to sit through even a half hour of. It didn't quite get to the point of being boring thanks to it's short run time, but it doesn't hold up against other Japanese hardcore bands. I like the noisiness and the energy it brings, but I wish it was more interesting and ran more with the art punk aspects. I liked their first EP though, so I'll probably continue with their discography
>>
>>73653402
What'd you think about that Holy Wave record? I've had my eye on it but your rating isn't selling me
>>
>>73654978
Oh yea and someone told me to listen to that Royal Trux record next and I did, but I need some time to digest if you know what I mean. Sweet Jesus that record. I like the laser beam synth on the first track. That's the only opinion I'm certain on as of now
>>
>>73654998
here's what I first write about it:
I have a problem with contemporary psych rock, it has to do with that most of the time it's just forgettable, the same sounds over and over, few bands actually making the cut. That makes me approach these albums not expecting much.
This Holy Wave album is actually different sometimes, and that's because it doesn't seem like they take themselves too seriously.
The longer tracks are the interesting part of this album while the short ones are examples of the "forgettable" stuff I said previously.
>>
I just ratted out Hampus to the RIAA
>>
shesh
>>
new laurel halo is really reallly good
>>
>>73656766
I'm listening to it right now actually. I've listened to it a few times already, but I think I'm liking it more and more with each listen. Initially, I wasn't crazy about it because it didn't seem very cohesive especially with those sub two minute tracks. However Jelly and Moontalk are super solid. I've listened to Jelly probably about 50 times since the single was released.
>>
File: 4770402.jpg (112KB, 594x580px) Image search: [Google]
4770402.jpg
112KB, 594x580px
Listening to this atm. Pretty great actually, especially for something that was free improv.

>>73656766
Better than Quarantine? Also is Chance Of Rain good?
>>
File: saturdaynightbackcatalog.jpg (907KB, 3082x1372px) Image search: [Google]
saturdaynightbackcatalog.jpg
907KB, 3082x1372px
still chuggin thru
also i changed the rating system from 100 points since 10 point rating system is way simpler
>Anthony Braxton - Creative Orchestra Music 1976
some of his less interesting work, the first half starts off with a bang and then transitions to some really interesting soundscape-y pieces, not his most experimental but still interesting nonetheless. unfortunately theres some really boring generic standard fare which ruins it a little bit
>>
>>73656936
Depends on what you liked from Quarantine. I like Quarantine more because its more personal, and I love her vocals and lyrics. The aesthetic is similar in Dust in that everything sounds suspended in midair, but it's jazzier and more sound collage-y than Quarantine which is firmly rooted in IDM.

You'll like Chance of Rain if you dislike her vocals because its fully instrumental. It's straight techno. Good but lacking the unique qualities of her other material imo.

>>73657005
Guerilla Toss is cool, haven't listened to the new album yet
>>
File: -_-.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
-_-.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
Thanks a load for all of the recs you guys gave me in the last thread. On The Silver Globe looks fascinating.

Also I have Baked Baby Jesus on dvd. It's a real doozy.
>>
>>73657159
do u want more rec
>>
>>73657238
sure

feed my gluttony
>>
>>73657457
condor moments - and though we're told we've got it all...
eldridge skell's rude staircase - sookie jump
jane siberry - the walking

these r based on your liking of blue gene tyranny cause i like that album a lot too
>>
>>73657005
thoughts on dadawah?
>>73652690
ill swipe that public strain
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (2MB, 2860x2068px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
2MB, 2860x2068px
Blanket Warm was cozy, pretty much what you'd expect from the title and cover (with fuller instrumentation).
a d w a was alright, I don't listen to enough wonky to know if it's actually good or not though.
>>
>>73657798
Oh boy oh boy. What album do you want to suggest to the pile?
>>
>>73657798
loved it, the percussion was fantastic and i loved how ambient it was
vocals seemed a little indulgent at times but i suppose thats how it is with reggae
>>
Opened up an old laptop for the first time in like 2 years and found some /mu/ charts from forever ago

how's my 16 year old self's taste?
>>
how we been boys

btw Borzoi is 100% right. Once in a Lifetime is by far the worst song on Remain in Light, but it's really not that bad. It's definitely the worst though.
>>
>>73659041
a little man and a house is the best album ever so ur good
>>
>>73659189
>>73617258
>>
>>73649027
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hong_chulki_jin_sangtae_kevin_parks/%E9%9F%B3%E5%BD%B1/
>>
wtf why did no one tell me danse manatee was so good
>>
Captain Beefheart - Safe As Milk
Essential 1967 core. Great blues rock and a tinge of experimentalism. Showcases Beefheart’s great vocal range.
4+

Captain Beefheart - Strictly Personal
The first Beefheart album to feature drummer Drumbo (John French), whose tom heavy beats and jazz influenced cymbal accentuation help to foster a more interesting compositional side to Beefheart’s arrangements (was that pretentious or what?). Many more parts with syncopation and a slow move away from pentatonics, more dynamic songwriting. This album, compositionally, is on level with Safe As Milk easily. The production is certainly… something, the largest flaw with the album. Partially a byproduct of marketing and partially due to Beefheart’s failing relationship with his record label (He would move to Zappa’s label Straight for the recording of Trout Mask Replica, and portions of the sessions that created Strictly Personal would be released as Mirror Man, which was mastered by the same Bob Krasnow who (co)produced both Safe As Milk and Strictly Personal). Also if people are willing to call TVU (proto) noise rock then “Kandy Korn” might deserve some of that spotlight as well, although the noisy quality could realistically just be from the horrendous audio quality and mastering, I think it features some reversed cymbals but it’s difficult to tell (I listened to the earlier version from the Safe As Milk sessions, it's a fairly standard Beefheart song, a mix of the heavily featured cymbals and singing through the production give it a droning quality).
4-

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM (anyone hear the new Public Enemy album yet?)
4-

The Beach Boys - Smiley Smile
Good Vibrations sans Mike love. I like the stripped down approach, more of a band effort. I don’t like how the singing Beach Boy pronounces vegetables. Little Pad's a nice song. Neat eraly synthesizers.
>>
File: IMG_2433.gif (3MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2433.gif
3MB, 400x220px
>>73659908
Ok I'm just retarded, I forgot you already gave me your recc.

On to the finals
>>
File: IMG_2689.jpg (50KB, 368x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2689.jpg
50KB, 368x559px
New Eric album

https://erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/paul

It's bloopy poppy booby ploppy
>>
File: he is about to do it.jpg (29KB, 450x289px) Image search: [Google]
he is about to do it.jpg
29KB, 450x289px
maybe i should try listening to a cardiacs album since theyre commies apparently and i like that but im also not sure if i'd actually like it since the few cardiacs songs ive heard havent made a great impression. what do

heres a stock photo of an rhino
>>
>>73662162
thanks for the phoot.
>>
File: 1402892409181.jpg (63KB, 300x356px) Image search: [Google]
1402892409181.jpg
63KB, 300x356px
>>73662162
why hesitate, scared you'll like it?
>>
>>73657953
public strain
>>
File: Ikiru.gif (2MB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
Ikiru.gif
2MB, 400x301px
henlo gayly
Still alive

Forgot I had a tourney
gonna do that and finish it
>>
File: Tuco becomes an 'patrician'.jpg (1MB, 3000x1556px) Image search: [Google]
Tuco becomes an 'patrician'.jpg
1MB, 3000x1556px
>>73663506
Score update

Been reading Infinite Jest
600 pages in, boy bout to do it
>>
>>73663515
finish it!!!
>>
File: ______.png (726KB, 1264x707px) Image search: [Google]
______.png
726KB, 1264x707px
>>73659041
looks familiar, aren't you from lower manhattan?
>>
Looking for Rudi, owes me a rec
>>
>>73659041
>tfw my gf likes zero things from that chart
Yeah whatever she's still thicc anyway
>>
File: qt template.png (196KB, 1254x720px) Image search: [Google]
qt template.png
196KB, 1254x720px
>>
File: jim.png (30KB, 124x133px) Image search: [Google]
jim.png
30KB, 124x133px
>>
>>73663636
he roskildeing you'll prob have to wait a while
>>
File: Eric Taxxon - Paul.png (2MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Eric Taxxon - Paul.png
2MB, 1400x1400px
Heyo, still working on the tourney but i'm just going to drop in to shill my new album

https://erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/paul

Reviews appreciated
>>
File: 2000sHop.jpg (1MB, 1862x1624px) Image search: [Google]
2000sHop.jpg
1MB, 1862x1624px
Been a long time since I posted in one of these.

How yall doing??
>>
http://studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live
theme for this week: guilty pleasure
so business as usual

>>73652464
i find you silly desu senpai
>>
>>73659558
Rec is Absolutely Free
>>
>>73665443
heh I guess silly is better than bein a lil bitch innit?
>>
File: 1492762316386.png (56KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492762316386.png
56KB, 624x624px
>>73665670
>>
File: image001.png (227KB, 623x355px) Image search: [Google]
image001.png
227KB, 623x355px
>>73665640
Fuck yes I'm hyped for this showdown
>>
why is elvis costello coming up when i limit to artists from japan on rym i cannot find an explanation
>>
>>73665961
He likes Love Live! a lot.
>>
>>73665983
oh right sorry forgot about that
>>
>>73665670
idk, i lack the experience you have
>>
>>73666144
>literally "I know you are but what am I?"
filtered
>>
>>73665303
>Food & liquor and king geedorah favorited
Nice taste I love those records
>>
>>73666215
good idea desu
>>
File: 2710496-RBRSFGKU-7.jpg (83KB, 770x1046px) Image search: [Google]
2710496-RBRSFGKU-7.jpg
83KB, 770x1046px
>>73659189
>how we been boys
Been crawling, been chaos. Good times.

>>73659969
Because it sucks
>>
>>73666263
I really, really, really like this image.
>>
File: tony.png (30KB, 124x133px) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
30KB, 124x133px
>>
Medium rare chicken strips lel
>>
>>73666663
Poor numbers.

>>73666633
Alright numbers.
>>
>>73663650
>The Depreciation Guild
my man
>>
File: 1484344704597.jpg (16KB, 281x349px) Image search: [Google]
1484344704597.jpg
16KB, 281x349px
I'm playing Jerusalem by Simon Finn live on public radio

Music for this feel?
>>
>>73667139
scooter no time to chill
>>
>>73664145
hi jim

>>73666633
hi tony

>>73667139
Jerusalem by Simon Finn
>>
File: listenalong100.png (351KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong100.png
351KB, 1732x1732px
so... listenalong number 100 is here!
congratulations on keeping this bona fide /daily/ tradition alive for so long
let the celebrations begin!

https://mega.nz/#!MNdQ0ALS!cR68yJLhEbFlKJGOAa4-BfOTbSijxfBAdTXm6YWdMKE
that's the download link
it's up on spotify too, but that version is missing the 2 bonus tracks *wink wink*
>>
>>73667550
>k-pop
>>
>>73667550
>weeb-pop
>>
>>73667550
>weeb-pop
Any good reasons to not kneecap the tradition?
>>
>>73667550
>k-poo
>>
File: smug demon.png (621KB, 562x282px) Image search: [Google]
smug demon.png
621KB, 562x282px
>>73667550
Radical.
>>
>>73667550
i'm on it
>>
>>73667550
ewwww
what about my avant cred
>>
>>73667139
You absolute madman

>>73667241
Kek
>>
File: IMG_7142.jpg (96KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7142.jpg
96KB, 600x800px
Good evening /meme/!

Quickies!

>Alex Ward - Proprioception

An instrument study here. The first track gives us the taste of how Ward's reeds sound in the traditional sense, with him giving off a very impressive improvisation. The thing I like about his playing is that he takes the instrument and turns into the extension of his mouth. He produces sounds with both his physical self and the reed "prosthetic".

After a short interlude, we get a lengthy improv with effects thrown over. The two-dimensional playing gets another one with a ton of variety in tones and timbres.

Gets boring closer to the end, but definitely worth a listen!

7+/10

>Bill Orcutt - Bill Orcutt

One of my most anticipated records from recent times. Bill covers several classics, starting with Ornette's Lonely Woman and ending with Star-Spangled Banner in his passionate, angular blues improvisations. There are even 2 Christmas songs here for some damn reason. Orcutt sounds like Loren Connors on amphetamines when fusing the bassline with the leads at times and sort of like Richard Dawson, but with Derek Bailey and Blind Blake in his mind instead of John Dowland.

The plucks are soulful and dirty, love it.

8+/10

>Walter Daniels and Guadalupe Plata - s/t

Small cover album with the first 3/4 particularly peaking my interest. It sort of goes for the punk blues thing ala Gun Club (with a cover of a Gun Club on here too), but ends up sounding lacking some passion in the vocal performance. I did like the Ghost Rider taken back to the blues rock roots though. Sounds interesting.

6/10

>John Russell and Paul G. Smith - Ditch School

Ditch school kids!

Instead, perform in avant guitar-piano duets! These two fellas decided to do just that, with Russell bringing in his best Bailey-style scratches and itches while Smith continues to exhume Cecil Taylor's ghost with his soft dissonance. Solid.

7/10
>>
>>73667687
wow you really are a dumb newtrip
PINK MILK SHAKE KISS
>>
File: topsters2(1).jpg (2MB, 2604x3220px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2(1).jpg
2MB, 2604x3220px
Also made this chart out of albums I haven't listened to yet because I'm bored and have OCD when it comes to these things.
>>
>>73667550
dang heck it, I'll do this tomorrow
>>
>>73667791
I like this chart's aesthetic. Some good albums too.
>>
File: 1489935267384.png (3MB, 4115x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1489935267384.png
3MB, 4115x3056px
>>73667873
I'm currently trying to finish up this chart first that I found from the chart threads, then I'm doing my own chart.
>>
>>73667912
Pacific is great
>>
>>73667912
Cool. I wanna make a chart like this just because of how pleasant they are to look at.
>>
File: Freeform Chart 7.png (567KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 7.png
567KB, 1560x720px
torment saint is entertaining but the everytime the author so much as mentions another artist he goes off on a page-long tangent about them, it's infuriating.

also after today i'm gone for another 5 days or so

The Impressions - This Is My Country (1968)
>chicago soul

This doesn't reach the platonic perfection attained by Mayfield's solo albums, but his increased songwriting and vocal input steers the band in a more interesting, political direction that makes for a really solid album. Mayfield dominates this whole thing, His falsetto-laden vocals leading every track here, and his funky, stylish songwriting driving every song except for two. Too clean, with some marginally tasteful orchestral arrangements stripping the grit and sinew from the base songwriting (something that Mayfield would never really leave behind), but there's enough charisma and sheer soul here to make this a worthwhile listen.

3.0-

Daughters - Hell Songs (2006)
>mathcore

I'd argue that this is easily the band's best, albeit not without its own problems. It's about halfway in between the spastic metalcore of Canada Songs and the simpler, more driving noise rock of their self-titled, taking the best aspects from both without entirely doing away with the worst aspects. The mathcore is still too loose and too focused on brutal technicality over worthwhile, interesting composition, and the more straight noise rock is weighed down by some decently repetitive song structures. It is, admittedly, incredibly entertaining, and at 25 minutes, I can't complain /that/ much.

2.5+

>>73667550
oh dear
>>
>>73667912
yo Daikanjyo is a great album, listen to that if you haven't already
matta fact so is Wind's Poem, underrated Mount Eerie
>>
>>73667991
Listen to Daikanjyo last night and I really liked it alot. Really, I'm either relistening to certain album or listening to ones I haven't heard before. Relistening to Feels at the moment.

>>73667938
It strains the eyes I'll definitely say that.
>>
>>73667687
It's gonna increase it
>>
File: IMG_2464.jpg (96KB, 750x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2464.jpg
96KB, 750x438px
>>73664978
I can give a half review in a bit

>>73667550
Geez louise

>>73667791
Cool chart but there's some stinkers on here
>>73667912
Cooler chart with some great essentials
>>
File: llistenalong.png (347KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
llistenalong.png
347KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: Mucore Chart.png (4MB, 2603x3400px) Image search: [Google]
Mucore Chart.png
4MB, 2603x3400px
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (1971)
>funk rock, funk

One of the most badass, purely fun funk albums ever recorded. The title track is beautiful, held together by a free-form, exceptional guitar solo, and, while awesome, serves as a bit of an outlier from the rest of the album. The rest of the album is much harder-edged, owing more to hard/psych rock than anything else, and it's absolutely killer. "Super Stupid" has been on repeat for quite some time, it blends funk and rock more deftly than anything other song possibly could. The last two songs can't touch the first five, especially the overlong "Wars of Armageddon" and its attempt to match the title track's brilliance. Disregarding the last two tracks, absolutely awesome.

3.0+
>>
>>73668108
What are the ones you consider stinkers? And why?
>>
Any good Korean music to rec?
>>
>>73668182

Only a few that I thought fell flat, like Arca's self titled, that Future album, Julee Cruise, the new Alt-J record, Candy Claws

I've also only tried a bit of Sufjan Stevens live album and I didn't enjoy it very much
>>
>>73668237

yeah this one >>73667550
>>
>>73668237
assuming you're looking for non-kpop stuff
https://langlee.bandcamp.com/
Danpyunsun and the Sailors - 동물 (Animal)
무키무키만만수 - 2012
>>
>>73667550
oh fuck

>>73668237
the only korean music that i listen to is poppy slowcore to be honest. Bluedawn and adultchild are pretty alright.
>>
>>73668237
무키무키만만수 - S/T
>>
new avey is reallly reallly good
>>
File: prog chart.png (1MB, 695x1035px) Image search: [Google]
prog chart.png
1MB, 695x1035px
Going through a bunch of classic prog albums I havent listened to. Its one of those genres I feel I skipped over the classics when i got into it and would never turn to them unless made a deliberate effort.

>Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Corny folk rock prog. Too many shitty dadrock guitar solos and blues scales. Vocalist sings in that annoying dadrock masculinity way. A few decent instrumental moments but not worth sitting through the rest.

>Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Corny dadrock. Good keyboard playing. Few nice instrumental moments. More or less same strengths and flaws as Jethro Tull but with different instrumentation.

>Weidorje - Weidorje
Spin off of Magma. Bass heavy much in the same vein as Udu Wudu Magma but less vocals and a bit more stripped down. Interesting in that bass guitar is more or less the lead instrument here.

>Christian Vander - Tristan et Iseult
Interesting story behind this work from Magma's frontman from their classic era (performed more or less by Magma but a bit stripped down). I guess this movie was made using music from a demo tape of Magma's without their permission and instead of suing or asking for money they made a real score. Havent seen the movie but it looks like an awesome low budget less intellectual version of a Sergei Perojanov film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwAm84v-Zqw
Sounds like 1974 Magma except a little more stripped down no or little guitar instead primarily vocals and piano. Its well done like the rest of stuff that era.

>Robert Wyatt - Theatre Royal Drury Lane
A 1974 concert where Robert and friends perform basically the entirety of Rock Bottom and some tracks from some of his bands from that era. Wyatts solo music struck me as very personal and solitary therefor studio dependent but actually translates well to a live band and is performed very well here.
>>
File: Untitled.png (569KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
569KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: 2017 Chart.png (1MB, 1680x1800px) Image search: [Google]
2017 Chart.png
1MB, 1680x1800px
Actress - AZD (2017)
>microhouse, outsider house

Splazsh is awesome because it's incredibly danceable while still bringing in a lot of out-there, interesting elements. This does neither of those things. It's a flaccid take on outsider house done in a way that neuters all of the originality and danceability of Actress' other works, even with its admittedly cool, brittle lo-fi atmosphere. "X22RME" is a nice cut, but it stands as the only memorable song in a mess of grey, faceless EDM, and the only memorable song of an impressively disjointed album.

>>
File: Screenshot_20170630-122130.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170630-122130.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Anybody listen to this? Its basically Japanese cloud rap with a dreamy vibe. Really enjoying it so far.
>>
>>73668684
Cool stuff daoko, thanks.
>>
>>73664978

I liked instrumental tracks like Organ and Stop for No One. I especially liked the sudden appearance of samples near the end of the album-- Teaching Mandolin and Sleep reminded me of Shit Computer - Kids & Explosions.

The inspiration for Climax's sudden Face-heel turn is very clear, though I'm not quite sure if it works in context of this album. For the majority of listening to this, I felt like that while clearly this a poppy record, a hint of uneasiness is prevalent throughout the album prior to Climax. The innocuity of the album art, the saccharine wide-eyed ramblings of the first track, the fact that you actually covered Beauty and the Beast... I guess I'm just saying that while there is precedence for Climax's impact, I'm just wishing there was a bit more to hint at it's arrival.

The vocals work for the most part, narrating somewhat meek yet passionate characters, but I think it conflicted with the lyrics on My Genre.

I liked how the album ends with one of those long-distance, internet relationships; I don't know if that was supposed to be the reality of the previous tracks, but it's a good subject to close the album on. Having first hand seen those relationships build and fall apart, the loneliness and instrumental isolation of the previous tracks feel justified. (Not sure about the amount of reverb tho, can't really justify that other than "who doesn't like reverb")

overall is ok

>>73668673
accurate review, unfortunately
>>
File: listenalong.png (560KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
560KB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>73668540
>Amon Duul II - Phallus Dei
I admire it for its influence and they do have many interesting ideas but they are a band I feel failed to ever reach their full potential. The sound of fuzzy guitars in eastern scales with those complex frantic drums and at times heavy rhymic moments and choral vocals just sound heavenly but they always dissolve and get too messy and sprawling. They had the right aesthetics and abilities to create truly transcendent music but it lacks the tightness of a group like Can for example which I feel would have made them more appealing to me. Some awesome tracks but too many sprawling unrefined moments that lose me.

>Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Another album I admire for its influence more than I enjoy it. Suffers from same unrefined-ness that Amon Duul do. However Kraftwerk actually correct themselves on their next releases. Still a really beautiful and important album. Just some tracks could benefit from being shortened, some moments taken out.

>Popol Vuh - In Den Garten Pharoahs
Hoisianna Mantra is one of my all time favorites. This was just aweful though. Maybe for its time it was interesting ambient music but its really corny and uninteresting. To someone listening now it sounds like bad new age or babys first attempt at ambient. Simple synth pads and hand drumming. Second sides a bit better than the first but both are pretty bad.
>>
>>73668909
Wow, even if you think its just above average the review is very flattering. The last track is supposed to be the only true story on the album, thus the title "real boy". Thanks again for the review.
>>
File: Apologies And Farewells.png (474KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
Apologies And Farewells.png
474KB, 500x499px
also finished something this morning

https://soundcloud.com/chasenchasen/apologies-and-farewells

kind of dreamy remix of a track from Mark Isham's Vapor Drawings

>>73669108
>The last track is supposed to be the only true story on the album, thus the title "real boy"
That makes a lot of sense lmao

Always wondered why I haven't seen an album based around online relationship dynamics and the conflicts that come from it
>>
>>73668237
Jambinai
>>
File: Listenalong 100.png (183KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Listenalong 100.png
183KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: library cds.png (451KB, 2338x1064px) Image search: [Google]
library cds.png
451KB, 2338x1064px
I was at the library, so I thought it'd be fun to check out a bunch of CDs and make a little chart. I tried getting some well-known albums, but Worry caught me by surprise because the cover was different from what I've seen.
>>
>>73669878
>Libraries with CD archival
Man this is such a weird concept to me all I ever had access to were only books and books+wi-fi
>>
>>73669956
Maybe it's just an appeal to the lowest common denominator, but here libraries have a ton of stuff like DVDs and even console games. It's pretty excessive but sometimes convenient.
>>
>>73669956
>>73670130
We used to have plenty of music CDs in Swedish libraries too but nowadays no one listens to CDs anyway so many don't have it anymore. We have also started to get more and more console games though, which I think is amazing
>>
File: misora embarrassing.png (322KB, 433x432px) Image search: [Google]
misora embarrassing.png
322KB, 433x432px
>be me
>>
>Black Moth Super Rainbow
I NEED to find more music like this, specifically, the part that starts at 0:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcaWPEzYj4
help me please
>>
>>73670514
Sun Araw - Beach Head
>>
>>73670407
Don't be so hard on yourself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVxQyBeO3hk
>>
>>73670931
this is shit
>>
>>73671000
you're shit
>>
>>73668237
박민희 - 쓸쓸쓸
Kim Suk Chul Ensemble - Shamans of the Eastern Seaboard
Samulnori - Record of Changes
>>
File: 1498854695702.png (560KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1498854695702.png
560KB, 1732x1732px
The most interesting part of this was changing the song titles to Korean due to tag autism.
>>
>>73671489
wtf Lipstick was the best poppier song imo
>>
>>73671608
I gave it another listen just to make sure, and I feel you. Seems like I just really don't like the chorus, sounds like a combination of Streets of Cairo and We No Speak Americano to me.
>>
>>73671737
>We No Speak Americano

oh god don't remind me
>>
File: IMG_20170630_185441.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170630_185441.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
well boys, im home from vacation and im sick as fuck. but at least this baby came while i was gone :^)
>>
>>73672204
Haha what bug is this?
>>
File: orange tortsamel.png (579KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
orange tortsamel.png
579KB, 1732x1732px
Hadn't actually listened to this before in full. It was alright.
>>
>>73672230
the skull type XD
>>
File: blapplog4.jpg (2MB, 4176x1908px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog4.jpg
2MB, 4176x1908px
batsumi was beast. im really putting off listening to swans are dead, but im gonna throw on the nasa voyager record in a few. what after that?
>>
File: kpop_listenalong630.png (710KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
kpop_listenalong630.png
710KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: BACKLOGG.jpg (1MB, 2415x1015px) Image search: [Google]
BACKLOGG.jpg
1MB, 2415x1015px
>The Orb featuring Lee "Scratch" Perry - Observer in the Star House
>Dub Techno
2.5-
The intereaction between these figures flows so well, it's shame they didn't take advantage of it to create different passages, specially in the first side which ends up feeling half-baked.
There are more changes in the second side, from time to time swaping the lead between the Orb and Scratch Perry but nothing remarkable at the end.
Favorite tracks: Hold Me Upsetter, Thirsty, Congo

>Black Marble - A Different Arrangement
>Coldwave
2.5+
This is how I like my coldwave, great work between synthetizers and drum kit which are the most important things here, the rest; vocals included, are well hidden in a dreamy atmosphere created by echo just to be an element of help and not actually the center of attention.
Nothing new here but in general a well executed album that honors the past.
Favorite tracks: MSQ No-Extra, Limitations, Safe Minds

>>73672389
Harumi!!
>>
>>73668537
agreed!!!

also on another note

benis
>>
File: pop.png (577KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
pop.png
577KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: imfeelingill.png (21KB, 96x110px) Image search: [Google]
imfeelingill.png
21KB, 96x110px
rec me something to be sick to pls
>>
>>73671762
Reminder that tune was fresh asf before everyone knew what electroswing was
>>
>>73672852
seconding this hot take
>>
>>73672839
Down with the siccness
>>
hey guys
>>
>>73672890
hi
>>
File: 1498865807056.png (763KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1498865807056.png
763KB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>73648724
This album is incredible
>>
>>73672852
Yes but then it was played every day for an entire summer and more
It was pretty fresh though
>>
>>73672895
just kiding its me trip up
>>
>>73672989
i hate this post
>>
>>73673036
i love you
>>
File: 2017 Chart.png (1MB, 1680x1800px) Image search: [Google]
2017 Chart.png
1MB, 1680x1800px
Varg - Nordic Flora Series Pt. 3: Gore-Tex City (2017)
>techno, post-industrial

Some really cool, banging techno mixed with some of the most off-putting R&B and ambient stuff I've ever heard. Varg really has a great grasp on the intricacies of what makes good techno, especially what makes good industrial/experimental techno. His tracks are, of course, very rhythmically on point, but it's the subtleties underneath the obvious exterior that makes the techno here great. Sadly, nothing else here is that good, or even good at all. The ambient is just bland, there's no other way to put it, and the poppier, more R&B-based stuff is just flat-out terrible. When Yung Lean is brought it for R&B vocals, you know there's a problem.

>>73672389
>batsumi was beast
100% true

do jandek
>>
>>73673081
time for probably the only decent thing on that chart baring maybe drunk and gas
>>
File: 1475747713130.jpg (7KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475747713130.jpg
7KB, 298x300px
This is just as good as the cover art lead me to believe.
>>
what were the best things that gave the album a new twist and addition?
>>
File: stuck out tongue.jpg (29KB, 236x238px) Image search: [Google]
stuck out tongue.jpg
29KB, 236x238px
paging: accel
trans god gob
jangle and the bojangle

please fill out the information needed for your passing onto the second round of the tourney by sunday. >>73652038

>>73667550
don't listen to the haters feelist!

>>73674893
>be kendrick lamar
>dont know how to remove the U2 from your album
>>
File: thumbs_Angie-p2.jpg (146KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_Angie-p2.jpg
146KB, 500x500px
>>73674970
did i win everything
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 714x713px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25KB, 714x713px
>>73674970
i really wanna use catboy reaction faces but i don't want to infringe on your style.
>>
>>73674893
Honestly I just hate women in general Tbh
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.