[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kendrick ranks his own albums.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

The definitive, objective list from the man who made them.

#1. DAMN.
#2. GKMC
#3. TPAB
#4. SEC80
>>
Who cares about a shitty corporate artist rating his shitty corporate albums
>>
>>73645695
Switch DAMN and Section 80 and he's right
>>
Link? Since this is going to become a ranking thread anyway I'd rate it GKMC >= TPAB > SEC80 = DAMN. > untitled.unmastered = Kendrick Lamar LP
>>
>>73645695
he's clearly hyping DAMN up

GKMC = TPAB > DAMN > S80
>>
tpab > gkmc > sec80 > damn
>>
>>73645776
tpab=gkmc>>slight power gap>>sec80>>damn
>>
>>73645750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYFfkBSo2mg

This is his first regular interview in 2 years it's funny as fuck.

>>73645725
He said he likes DAMN. the best because it has the aggression and slapping ear candy production of GKMC, a lot of the same messages of TPAB, and just doing whatever the fuck he wants on SEC80.

He says damn is a bit of them all.
>>
Is untitled.unmastered not considered a "real" album by Kendrick fans? Serious question.
>>
>>73645807
>He said he likes DAMN. the best because it has the aggression and slapping ear candy production of GKMC, a lot of the same messages of TPAB, and just doing whatever the fuck he wants on SEC80.
wow you give into market speak real fucking easy you shill/cuck
>>
TPAB> DAMN. > GKMC > SEC80
>>
>>73645807
>He said he likes DAMN. the best because it has the aggression and slapping ear candy production of GKMC, a lot of the same messages of TPAB, and just doing whatever the fuck he wants on SEC80.
I'd say all those albums do showcase those respective qualities better than DAMN. .
>>
>>73645807
disregard this fag>>73645816
I would say that even though, yes, DAMN has some of everything on it, that's what makes it the least interesting, it's too boring for repeated listens. It also has two of his out and out worst tracks on it (God and that shitty one with U2)
>>
>>73645816
I'm not giving into to anything i just summarized exactly what he said, i never said anything about my own opinion.
>>
>>73645706
Fuck off
>>
kendrick doesn't know shit what hes talking about
damn is his worst
>>
>>73645846
>>73645853
>oh you don't get it, Kendrick's this GENIUS he musically analyzed all his works and noted in the scores what is used in Damn it's actually the culmination of his career

fucking viral marketers and blind hip hop fans, both of you can fucking leave /mu/ thank you
>>
DAMN. is his album that caters specifically to the mainstream audience. Everything else touched the normies but nothing else was made with them in mind.
>>
people point this out all the time but it's true: damn = hail to the thief because it starts out really strong but there's a fair amount of filler, probably won't age very well
prove me wrong and call me names
>>
>>73645809
It's a bunch of TBAP outtakes so it makes sense as to why Kendrick wouldn't list it.
>>
Rap sucks
>>
>>73645917
Yeah but since it's fans listed their rankings in this thread I'd think they'd be listing it.

I'm drunk right now though so I'll admit I might not be that coherent right now. Paul Simon was a great lyricist, just so everyone who listens to hip-hop can know his name, y'know.
>>
>>73645944
wow
>>
>>73645895
XXX is not for mainstream audiences, FEAR is not for the mainstream, neither is BLOOD, or PRIDE etc.

Only love and loyalty have that trendy sound to them, and god is ironic.
>>
>>73645999
m8 I work nightshift at a gas station and a black dude in his 50s was reciting lyrics from the album when I let him use the bathroom. DAMN. is exactly what the mainstream wants.
>>
TPAB>GKMC>DAMN.>>SEC80
This is the objective ranking.
>>
>>73645706
This
>>
>>73645706
Who cares about shitty communist giving his shitty opinion
>>
>>73645706
>>73646032
Most of the hip-hop community.
>>
>>73645999
>XXX.
>ft u2
>not for mainstream audience
m8
>>
>>73646086
Most of the hip-hop community is retarded
>>
File: 1492618616117.png (573KB, 634x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1492618616117.png
573KB, 634x1029px
>>73645695
Pretty sure Kendrick is just hyping up his album. When TPAB released he talked about how it was his dream album and how he always wanted to make it but wasn't confident enough. And now after DAMN dropped, he's ranking TPAB as third? nah. I don't buy that.
>>
>>73646427
This

Unless he's gone through some crazy personality change there's no way TPAB isn't at least 2nd on his list
>>
>>73645695
Damn...he has shit taste if he's putting DAMN. about GKMC and TPAB.
>>
>>73646015
50 year old men aren't the mainstream audience.
Middle/upperclass white young adults/teens are.
>>
>>73645778
The only true ranking.
>>
>>73646427
He's said that it's a different mood, that album is still very important to him, doesn't mean he likes it the most.
Actually given 60% of the content he should hate the album.
>>
Damn has the most filler, easily, next to GKMC which I thought panders slightly more than Damn does

Untitled Unmastered is more raw than Damn and better than Section 80

Section 80 is still has some of his best songs and the only reason it isn't better than GKMC is the latter's deluxe songs, Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst, and the title tracks. The rest isn't as good as what he talks about on Section 80.

TPAB is a flawless classic. It's denser than GKMC, it's written better, its messages sound more mature and thought provoking, and it inspired the greatest not-a-mixtape (but more than a mixtape than Coloring Book) ever.
>>
>>73648156
>and it inspired the greatest not-a-mixtape (but more than a mixtape than Coloring Book) ever

literally kys lmao chance is garbage
>>
>>73648189
Untitled Unmastered you dunce. It's not a mixtape but at the same time it's way more of a mixtape than Acid Rap or Coloring Book.
>>
>>73648210
ah I thought you were trying to say chance released the greatest "studio mixtape" of all time with TCB lmao

Also UU is a collection of TPAB leftovers not a completely new project based off the album
>>
GKMC>S.80>DAMN>TPAB in terms of replayability for me
>>
>>73648330
Well let's be honest that is ALSO true (to your reply: fuck you, you cock breathing naval gazer)
>>
>>73648400
Really isn't lmao
>>
GKMC>S.80>DAMN>TPAB

I also think that he hates how people interpreted TPAB.
>>
>>73646427
Dude, he's been somewhat open about how the main theme of "Self-love" wasn't accepted, and people thought it was some "RAH RAH" BLM shit. I think it's the most important to him, because he was depressed, but even he agrees that shit isn't easy to just pop in and listen to.

Damn is the easiest to just pop in. It's what he always wanted to do in the first place.
>>73648156
Coloring Book is the worst Chance tape.
>>
>GKMC higher then TPAB
And you know Damn. is at the top only bc it just dropped. Fuck all yall bandwagon faggots, even kdot knows GKMC is the true patrician's taste.
>>
File: kendrick.jpg (213KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
kendrick.jpg
213KB, 750x750px
kendrick is fucking trash. lowest tier in current rap.
>>
>>73650811
/thread
>>
>>73647860
They aren't the mainstream audience but if it can reach them it's the epitome of mainstream.
>>
GKMC > DAMN > TPAB = UU > S80
>>
>>73645874
Whoa I really triggered this dude
cool
>>
>>73645809
It's still better than DAMN.
>>
real patricians know this is Kendrick's best project
>>
>>73645695
what a pleb
>>
File: 1490916473074.jpg (4KB, 239x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490916473074.jpg
4KB, 239x250px
>over a thousand unreleased songs
>>
File: 3547.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
3547.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>73651368

bingo
>>
>>73651368
unironically this.
I can listen to this album multiple times, and still get a better listening experience than his previous albums and DAMN.
>>
>>73645807
damn. kendrick is actually pretty humble.
>>
his list is right and it'll take a few years for ppl to accept Damn is his best
>>
reminder that when TPAB first released everyone said it was as bad as they are saying DAMN. is now.
>>
>>73652994

No one is saying DAMN is bad. It was as close to an instant masterpiece as I've seen in a long while.

If you're talking about /mu/, you're wasting your time even noticing what this shit hole thinks.
>>
>>73652994
Go outside, people love DAMN. It's only disliked on DAMN. I think DAMN has some duds (LOVE and HUMBLE) but it's still great. Kendrick's discography is seriously impressive
>>
>>73653421
Fuck
*only disliked on /mu/
>>
>>73645807
Kendrick seems like a genuinely good person
>>
>>73652772
Bitch
>>
>>73654188
Kendrick's a cool guy, he has a lot of interviews. Just wish he was more energetic during interviews.
>>
>>73649878
This unironically this. You have to give tpab a rest between listens. Let is marinate in your mind in order to get the most out of it.
>>
>>73645695
>a rapper shilling his latest release to sell more copies
Nah.
>>
>>73645778
obviously the right ranking, kendrick is trying to sell he's latest album by hyping it and underrating its predecessor
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.