[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/s opinion on Tool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: tool.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px)
tool.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
I'm curious
>>
pretty good
>>
I enjoy their music when I listen to it, its seldom though. Oddly enough, I have never been some super awoken being who can see into the 5th dimension because I listened to a Tool album.
>>
I used to like them. Then I saw them live. Never felt the same about them since.
>>
>>73644170
The greatest example of shit fans and a fantastic band
>>
>>73644274
why?
>>
>>73644274
Was what is about their concert that changed your mind? I feel like when I see a band live it only strengthens my support for an artist.
>>
>>73644170
I listened to Lateralus for the first time yesterday and expected to hate it but it was actually pretty good.
Where to next?
>>
>>73644379
10,000 days
>>
>>73644344
I saw them at a festival. They threw a real drag on the whole thing. Big screens with elephants and camels fucking. Are Maynard's tits real? And their shithead fans making fun of Prodigy as they left making fun of Firestarter in bad accents.

It's all right. We all got to move to the front for Prodigy.
>>
Tool makes great albums once a decade. Used to put in the most incredible live show,til Maynard decided the frontman ought to be invisible for some vapid reason.
>>
>>73644679
Still, saw them live at The Gorge and it was beautiful.
>>
jambi is still a jam
>>
>>73644379
aenima
>>
File: 1484769064216.png (697KB, 1164x886px) Image search: [Google]
1484769064216.png
697KB, 1164x886px
Reminder
>>
Great band, combines math rock with hard rock and can be completely goofy or dead serious. their songs are good either way they decide to go. Danny Carey and Justin Chancellor are one of the best rhythm sections in rock, and I love Maynards voice (only up until like the mid 2000s, he kinda dropped off)
I own Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus, want to pick up 10,000 Days but it's still so fucking expensive because of packaging. Never seen em live but I'd like to
>>
Kinda makes me sick when I hear a Tool song now since I've overplayed it to death.
>>
Saw them live, was expecting to have my mind blown but it honestly was only okay. I was up in the nosebleed section though. Maynard spent the entire show off stage or standing without any lights pointed at him near the edge of the stage, bailed immediately as soon as the show ended while the rest of the band hung out for a minute and accepted the attention.
>>
>>73644170
I think aenima is a great album, but I'm not a huge fan otherwise. they're alright, and a lot better than today's shitty progressive metal scene. pretty unique at the time too, blending (amongst other things) king crimson with the edgy 90s aesthetic of nine inch nails. even fripp liked them

I'm pretty bored of the "they're ok but their fans suck" meme, because that's true of the vast majority of artists with that big an audience

you don't have to like them, but I do get the sense that people only hate them because they don't want to be associated with their image. prog is seen as very self-serious and not "ironic" enough for the pitchfork audience. which is funny, because tool definitely had more of a sense of humour than the bands that followed them. I mean, they obviously put a lot of time and effort into their albums, which is kind of at odds with the disposable indie flavour of the month the tastemakers decide is cool
>>
>>73644379
it's not like they have many albums, just listen chronologically, starting with opiate
>>
i think they are pretty good desu

very skilled musicians and songwriters who dont just make muso wank, they do something interesting with their chops
>>
>>73646441
>I'm pretty bored of the "they're ok but their fans suck" meme, because that's true of the vast majority of artists with that big an audience
This. It's ironic how people on this board will trash Tool for their fans yet see no problem with being a Radiohead fan when their fans are just as shitty.
>>
>>73646456
You must also keep in mind that pre-Aenima albums have a raw, industrial sound, while Lateralus, Aenima and 10,000 Days are clearer and more "muh deep, muh mystic".
>>73644379
So you can step into early tool and work your way chronologically or look into the new albums first.
>>
Introduced to Tool by my stepdad when I was in 7th grade. almost 7 years ago.
I was never huge into them until my Sophomore year of High school. Then I was the biggest Tool fan in my school, not hard to do considering I live in a small town. But still.

I've gone through the weird "Mega spiritual Tool fan" stage. Thankfully I'm past that. I still enjoy their music today. But I really just see the band, or at least Maynard, as a bunch of dicks. Very little respect for their fans. But if it weren't for their fans they wouldn't have shit as a band.

I love their music though.
>>
>>73646521
radiohead are deemed cool, tool are not, that's all it comes down to. this board is pretty shallow and insecure
>>
I like their lyrics, some where serious, others ironic, and other ones were downright goofy, but they all said some pretty true things that helped me go through some shit. Beside, they have a pretty unique sound that other bands have tried to imitate unsuccesfully, I'm looking at you Dream Theater. Aenima and Lateralus are timeless.
>>
>>73646652
Most of the people in this board does not know anything about music and will, ironically enough, think that they're special while following the last trend in indie, pop, hip hop or underground music scene. Just look at the threads with the most replies. That's why I read with apathy most of this board's opinions.
>>
>>73645643
Most of those are good bands, and really important to the prog scene. Isn't the starter pack meme supposed to be ironic?
>>
Lost interest in them at 10,000 days but Danny Carey remains one of the best drummers out there, true personality
>>
>>73646909
no, I think it's just supposed to be a list of stuff the person who created it doesn't like
>>
>>73644387
>prodigy """live""" in the 90s
you know they used dat tapes, r-right
>>
>>73648231
Yeah. So?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.