[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard: Murder of the Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: received_1595060053868914.png (1MB, 684x966px) Image search: [Google]
received_1595060053868914.png
1MB, 684x966px
They fucked up
>>
>>73640885
its all lame but im a sucker for cosmic body horror so the han-tyumi segment got me

i wish theyd just make 1 good album instead of 5 mediocre ones
>>
>>73640902
It's not all lame though. It could've been a cool album without the spoken word pieces
>>
>>73640914
musically its worse than nonagon or im in your mind fuzz
>>
eh, it's not the end of the road for them
remember this is the same band that released that snoozefest Eyes Like the Sky, we all know where they went after that
>>
So weird to me people have such a problem with the voice overs.

It’s awesome, just like Eyes like the Sky. and it takes up nowhere near as much time as people act.
>>
No one really cared about them until Fantano have a 6. Literally not a single leak thread or any post release threads complained until then.
>>
is fantano jerking the new reddit? desu the voice overs arent bad in concept, the mixing itself sounds crude and out of place at times, still doesnt deserve the hate its receiving
>>
>>73640885
No they didn't you mongoloid
>>
>calls the instrumentals incredible
>claims that he might be giving it a 10 based on the two released parts
>gives it a 6 for one problem that barely takes away from the album
Am I the only one that thought that he would at least say something like "...but other than the spoken word", and then justify the light 6?
>>
>>73640885
idk i kinda like it, definitely not their best though
>>
I love that they're trying different things, however I feel like this is one of those albums that you listen to once in its entirety and then occasionally listen to a couple of the songs that you liked. If you're not paying attention to the lyrics during a listen, this album is just not as enjoyable as other albums they made
>>
>>73643332
I think the melon has a quality control or something in his reviews, like he cant give too many 8s or higher in a row. Its a bit frustrating that the melon hyped the shit out of the album with 2/3s of it released and just when it got out he gives it a 6. He even stated that the album was musically better than the other ones but just because of the spoken word the album gets a 6. The only thing that he got me mad at was that steven wilson review.
>>
>>73640885
It's funny how as soon as Fantanos review dropped everyones opinion changed
>>
Pitchfork gave it a 8. Should got bnm
>>
>>73640885
how does one grow up to be a meme
>>
>>73643821
No it isn't. Fantano is the ultimate tastemaker on /mu/, his opinion on the album is usually considered fact.

A shame too, MotU was actually pretty good, and I thought it was better than microtonal banana.
>>
Han-Tyumi section is great, Lord of Lightening section is good, Altered Beast section is meh. A light 7, if you judged it fairly. A 6 is too harsh and an 8 is too high. If you dug Eyes Like The Sky and Nonagon Infinity, you'll like Murder of the Universe. If you wanted them to continue in the direction of Microtonal Banana, this probably won't tickle your fancy. Stay tuned for their jazzy album, it'll be announced in a month or so -- Sketches Of Brunswick East is the tentative title.

http://heavenlyemporium.com/buy/murder-of-the-universe-3/
>>
>hey guys we need another album
>why don't we just grab the Nonagon Infinity scraps and b-sides and stretch an album out of those
>but won't people notice?
>don't worry, we'll just slap an ASMR narration on top
>brilliant!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.