[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ like Kansas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 611HEop6X1L.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
611HEop6X1L.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>
File: folder.png (773KB, 542x541px) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
773KB, 542x541px
>>
love that weird ass record
>>
>>73639870
i feel like this album has a huge identity crisis
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Leftoverture [Kirshner, 1976]

Wanna know how you can tell American art-rockers apart from their European counterparts? They're campier, they don't play as fast, and their fatalism lacks conviction. As amusing as song titles like "Father Padilla Meets The Gnat" are, I find no parallels in the music itself. D+
>>
>>73640064
This guy is the worst reviewer of all time
his opinion doesn't matter whatsoever
>>
no but I have two really old copies of this buried in my vinyl collection
>>
>>73640102
>his opinion doesn't matter whatsoever
Whether or not you like him, his importance to music journalism is undeniable
>>
Bands like Kansas and Starcastle were basically buttprog, that is to say after the real prog movement of the early 70s was done with and all that was left was a hollowed-out carcass. Genesis knew the writing was on the wall and moved on after 1974.
>>
Song for America is an impressive track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-JhQ1p7nw
>>
stupid shit flyover state
>>
>>73640102
A Farewell To Kings [Mercury, 1977]

The most obnoxious band currently making a killing on the zonked teen circuit, not to be confused with Mahogany Rush who at least spare us the reactionary gentility. Imagine a power trio Kansas or Uriah Heep with the vocals cranked up an octave. Or two. D+
>>
>>73640156
>his opinion doesn't matter whatsoever
>Whether or not you like him, his importance to music journalism is undeniable
Literally everyone thinks he's a joke. He also invented such gems as toxic masculinity as descriptors of music.
https://youtu.be/OTCZq_n-5qA
>>
>>73641263
Literally everyone in the New York punk scene in the 70s-80s wanted to kill him at some point.
>>
Pretty good considering theyre both American prog and progressive hard rock.
>>
Christgau has a huge bias in favor of punk rock and Afropop, so take that for what you will.
>>
>>73641289
Not surprising considering that one of his favorite and most praised bands are The New York Dolls. At that time in New York, the uncompromising scene of no wave bands began to emerge and he praised proto-glam metal looking blues rock band.
>>
>>73639870
ALL WE ARE IS DUST IN THE WIND
>>
Kansas>Point of Know Return=Song for America>Leftoverture>Masque
>>
File: 331284.jpg (95KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
331284.jpg
95KB, 624x352px
>>73639870
I quite like them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.