[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides the 9/11 gimmick, what do you think of this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: R-3980386-1354547061-3984.jpeg.jpg (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-3980386-1354547061-3984.jpeg.jpg
19KB, 600x600px
Besides the 9/11 gimmick, what do you think of this album?
>>
Very average. The 9/11 gimmick is the only reason anyone cares about it
>>
Fantastic idea. But it's too long. I think Basinski didn't predict that it would take that long for each looped track to 'disintegrate'. Otherwise I think he would've recorded the initial loops themselves much slower so he could play them much faster so that way when recorded it would be the desired tempo and things wouldn't last too long.
>>
>>73637426
there are no fan edits out there?
>>
>>73637464
Any edit to what we have would fuck with the gradual degradation process of the loops which is the point of the piece. It would have to be redone from scratch, and well...the loops kinda don't technically exist anymore so they can't be reused.
>>
>>73637305
the cover looks like that one from coheed and cambria
>>
>>73637305
9/11 is corny af, almost as corny as the hollaco$t. Americans love that shit, those huge tragedies I mean. Titanic is the most American film of all time for a reason, 2nd place goes to all those oscar bait movies about muh HOLocaust, seriously there's like 50 of them every year a new one.
>>
>>73638515
THIS IS WHAT AMERICANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE
>>
>>73638515
filure
>>
dude tapes degrade with repeated plays lmao
just like life dude, you got the ying and yang you live and die
ya i like eastern spirituality none of that bigoted christian shit though
>>
>>73637305
Nice concept but it's pretty uninteresting.
>>
File: 397539.png (443KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
397539.png
443KB, 600x514px
>>73638515
neburg burget
>>
>>73638619
we got a regular old chris ott in the house
>>
>>73638515
Damn, that's edgy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.