[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Musicians you've met or have a connection to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 12

File: thumb-1920-429071.jpg (322KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-429071.jpg
322KB, 1440x810px
>>
dad went to high school with david byrne
>>
>>73636236
my cousin played bass for either demi lovato or miley cyrus. i can't remember which
>>
My dad was a short-period boyfriend of Bilinda Butcher
>>
My mother went to high school with the Mothersbaugh family, went to their house on a few occasions.
>>
I met Flying Lotus a grocery store
>>
my uncle was the original guitarist for weezer. he left the band early in their career though
>>
Kurt Cobain sexually assaulted my aunt.
>>
My cousin is Conor Deasy.

I remember hanging out with the band in their penthouse apartment on the top floor of a luxury hotel. Daniel Ryan, the lead guitarist, show me the Pixies and Beach Boys and let me play on his expensive collection of guitars. Was pretty cool.

Never liked their music though lol.
>>
File: IMG_1012.jpg (761KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1012.jpg
761KB, 3264x2448px
I met Diane Cluck (indie folk musician) recently at a show in New Haven, CT. I was the first one there and she greeted me and offered to play my favorite song of hers, she gifted me an illustrated lyric sheet because they meant so much to me. Never met such a warm and kind person. She later reached out to me online Fantastic show too.
>>
>>73636327
The band is The Thrills btw.
>>
>>73636236
My dad went to the same high school as Femi Kuti and was a year his junior.
My grandfather on my mother's almost married Sade Adu's mother.
>>
>>73636371
>*on my mother's side
Whoops.
>>
I have connections with myself
>>
>>73636236
i met nick reinhart the other day, really cool guy
>>
Grimes fingered my butthole
>>
My dad went to high school with Trey Anastasio, and I was also childhood friends with Päscaal.
>>
I dropped acid with Grimes once.
>>
Grimes braided my hair before
she laughed when she found the big beetle I put on my head
>>
>>73636405
Orlando? I met him after Tera Melos' show with CHON. Talked with them about The Residents for a bit and they signed/doodled on the album I bought at their merch table.
>>
>>73636236
I've met a good amount of musicians but the most random one was Trey Songz. He was surprisingly chill as fuck

All Time Low were the worst. Such tools. They were aggressively flirting with girls that were clearly 14-15 years old
>>
I live in Kevin Shields' childhood house in Cabinteely
>>
my cousin is in DRI
>>
>>73636636
>All Time Low
I can't imagine why
>>
>>73636316
Jason Cropper?
>>
>>73636630
Nah, saw them in NC at the Cat's Cradle
I talked to him before the show about Tim Kinsella
>>
sindeshow bobe from simpsongs i know him he,s my dad[spoiler][/spoiler]
>>
>>73636236
My dad knows the long-lost third Bouchard brother, the one who was not involved in Blue Oyster Cult. I don't recall his first name though
>>
I saw MC Ride at a grocery store in Sacramento yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
my dad partied with the beatles and supertramp. too bad i just shitpost on 4chan
>>
My dad shook hands with brian wilson, saw pink floyd, the clash and the ramones live.
>>
I went to school with Joel Zimmerman (deadmau5). He was a few years ahead of me though. He was basically a different person back then, he and his friends were real 90s emo types. I vaguely remember him wearing a trench coat and makeup outside of the school gate one day and thinking he was probably the biggest fuckup in the entire school
>>
>>73636236
I went to college with Phil Collins' daughter. I also fucked her so that's a thing.
>>
Stan Rogers lived in the same apartment building as my dad in the 60's.
>>
I threw a pen at Julie Andrews a while back, I missed
>>
Oh yeah I also met Steven Tyler at one of those highway stops in Massachusetts. I hate his music but I pretended like I was a big fan like the little bitch I am.
>>
>>73636236
A friend of mine met MF DOOM in 2003 at a pub, he apparently recognized him without his mask because of the voice.
>>
my dad killed 2Pac
>>
>>73636904
oh shit. you going to see laetitia in august bruh?
>>
I met Ian Brown in a pub in Reading once. Pretty humble guy.
>>
gave machine girl a shoutout when i saw him in the crowd at dayfornight
>>
I met Ted Aguilar from Death Angel after a show once. He was pretty cool.
>>
>>73637544
I don't believe you faggot
>>
>>73636236
I met Combichrist in 2008, they were doing a signing before a show in Cleveland. I was 17, my gf at the time was 15, and all the band members were staring at her huge tits. Being a teen was fun.
>>
>met Com Truise after his show, was very nice, huge fan of his
>met guitarist to Mushroomhead before a show
>met Clark after a show and he waved at me as I was leaving, felt surreal having someone you listen to just act so casual around you.
>went on stage with Insane Clown Posse. Not even kidding. Went to see them as a just cause kind of thing (not a fan), won tickets from a radio show so I figured I would just for the experience. Turns out I got to go on stage with them and spray faygo into people's eyes. Talked to them afterwards, seemed very humble. Best concert I've been to, everyone called me their family 11/10 experience would go again.
>saw them out at the local mall next day without makeup.
>>
>>73636275
your dad was one lucky guy lol
>>
Freddie Starr ate my hamster
>>
Claire boucher(Grimes) is my side bitch
>>
>>73636322
Underrated
>>
>>73638636
Okay? You clearly don't understand LA and wealth then.
>>
>>73636236

I once met Gary Burger of the Monks, a few years before he died (He and my dad went way back). Chill dude.
>>
Nick Cave's wife Susie Bick briefly dated my uncle
>>
>>73639655

Also some family friend of dad's played keyboards on Lipps Inc's "Funkytown" IIRC.

My first college roommate's dad was the drummer for The Music Machine, so we compared dicks about each other's dad's music cred shorlty after we met. Sadly the friend's dad has also left this vale of tears.
>>
I talk with Dale Watson all the time at his concerts, had a five second conversation with Merle Haggard once at a concert.
>>
I met and had a quick chat with Mac DeMarco as he was walking around Sydney before one of his gigs. He got me a ticket to the show too which was p. good.
>>
>>73636405
I've met him too, he's pretty cool
>>
Thomas Fehlmann from The Orb. He was in the crowd during the opener, I wanted to say hi, so I did. He seemed happy cuz I was definitely the youngest in the audience (18 pls no ban).

My mom's high school boyfriend played in a band that Moby used to play in. Not sure if it was at the same time tho.
>>
I met Phil Elverum at a super small bar concert. It was super weird because it was years ago and I was only about 14 or 15. I walked up to him and said "hey man, I saw some of your stuff on npr's music youtube channel and thought I'd come check out your show." And now about 4 years later he's my favorite musician of all time by a huge margin
>>
>>73636236
My mom's told me her friend is Kirk Hammett's cousin
>>
>>73638634
Oh shit that's really cool
>>
My dad jammed out and skated with Jason Lytle of Grandaddy.
>>
>>73637090
kek
>>
>>73636322
underrated
>>
>>73639503
Go on
>>
friend of a friend's mom dated Thor Harris. I bought the glow part 2 off of Phil himself.
>>
- saw Mount Eerie in Anacortes and met Will from Car Seat Headrest
- met Cretin of Dayglo Abortions outside a show
- friend's mom went to high school with Joey Shithead of D.O.A.
>>
I've had a piss next to Kevin Parker.
>>
>Facebook friends with Michael gira
>Wayne coyne knows me by name
>hung out with Steven drozd once
>met wilco
>ate dinner with kamasi Washington
>made eye contact with MC Ride
>>
my cousin is dating the drummer from Born Ruffians
>>
>>73637090
holy shit, now i like legos
>>
Smoked a cigarette right next to Jim Morrison's grave
>>
drummer from pennywise married my aunt
>>
My uncle met Gibby Haynes right before he formed the Butthole Surfers when Gibby was working in accounting. They were friends until the Surfers became a bigger act and started to travel to farther places. They eventually splintered off.

I met the singer from the Chariot at one of their earlier/st (2004-5ish) shows when I was about 13 or 14.

Finally, my friend's second cousin is friends with Earl Sweatshirt and some other rapper.
>>
File: jt.jpg (92KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jt.jpg
92KB, 2000x1000px
I was in the Church Kids Choir with Justin Timberlake (pre-disney)
My grandmother and his are still friends.

Also met Dave Brockie (lead singer from Gwar) at a bar in Mobile, Al. He was really chill, had a couple beers with him and talked shit about the band on stage.

Yes I'm old by /mu standards.
>>
>>73640703
If talking with artists after shows counts, then Ben Weinman from The Dillinger Escape Plan also is a person I have met.
>>
Met Biffy Clyro after winning a contest and they were absolute cunts.

Rude, aloof, talking bollocks. Worst aspect was that they didn't even have the excuse of being off their tits - they were stone cold sober.

Bonus comment: every album they've released since Only Revolutions has been utter shit. They sold out hard and everyone knows it, losing all their old fans in the process.
>>
Met the members of CHON, Seahaven, Modern Baseball,Turnover and the hip hop artist Wax.
>>
When they were kids my dad and Neil Young were neighbours.

I snuck into an after party and met Rachel Goswell. The whole band was there as well.
>>
>>73636291
underrated post
>>
Not really me, but my grandmother is from Liverpool, England.
She says when she was young child, she lived down the street from Ringo Starr (Then obliviously Richard Starkey) and even played with him a few times. They around the same age. I asked her what her old address was and then I looked it up on google earth with Starrs and they were on the same street.
She soon moved to a different part of Liverpool and then to Canada when she was 16, so she never saw him again until The Beatles got big.
Really I just have to take her word for it, but she swears by it.
>>
>>73640609
Every Australia has met Kevin
>>
>>73640903
Yeah but this was in the UK, bit different
>>
>>73640609
Same
I was at the Rosemont once and Kevin was taking a piss and then some drunk bloke came in, saw Kevin and was like "AHHHHH SHITTTTT KEVIN, OI MATES IT'S KEVIN FROM TAME IMPALA RIGHT HERE"

True story
>>
>>73636275

have you ever asked him if she was a good lay?
>>
>>73636248
How did he get there?
>>
>>73636236
I saw Gene Ween at a grocery store in New Hope yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
Friend played live with Imagine Dragons
>>
>>73641221
literally everyone on here knows this copypasta. it's not funny anymore.
>>
>>73641230
I saw this Anon at a grocery store in the Castro in San Francisco yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
>>
I am Scott Hull
>>
Lauren Mayberry about 4 times because I work at a bar she comes to time to time. She remembered who I was each time. She's what everyone thinks she is but a bit condensending and pretentious. She's so tiny and comes with either one of her band mates or both.
>>
>>73641312
where?
>>
>>73641340
I won't tell you. I will tell you that she usually orders whiskey, beer and girly drinks like spritzers.
>>
>>73641372
Not the bar, the city. Where?
>>
I scabbed smokes off the main guitar guy from Agnostic Front and chatted to him for a bit, not a big crossover thrash guy so I had no idea who he was but he was real friendly and I think was probably glad I had no idea who he was as there were some fans milling around him. Was at a Suffocation gig, I was pretty drunk and stoned but I remember him coming into the bar and being like "where's that Australian guy" and showing me his pic of his band at Bon Scott's grave. American's don't get we don't really give a shit about ACDC.
>>
>>73641405
NYC. I won't say where because I don't want any of you faggots showing up looking for her.
>>
I got to hang out backstage with all the members of Pixies
>>
>>73640552
ask her what hes like in bed faggot
>>
>>73641435
what burro you churro faggot?
>>
>>73641435
You do realize /mu/ is almost entirely composed of underage faggots who live in like rural Michigan, right? They won't even leave their bedrooms, why would you expect them to go all the way to NYC and go to a social facility?

o i am laffin, anon
>>
>>73641649
I'm not saying shit either way.
>>
>>73641668
You're not saying shit because you're lying, you fucking lonely faggot. You should suicide already. No one cares about you. You will be forgotten.
>>
>>73641699
holy shit dude...
>>
>>73641710
Yep, I'm sorry to be the one to inform you but it's the truth.
>>
My ex's dad worked extensively with Metallica. He also knew a ton of other musicians, even had lunch with Paul McCartney once
>>
My english professor is neighbors with John Deacon
>>
>>73641699
With that kind off reaction. Maybe it's best he didn't tell you or anyone here
>>
>>73641726
i wasn't that anon but ok
>>
>>73641736
Are you that dense? He's lying. All everyone on here does is lie and be pretentious cunts.
>>
>>73641769
He's lying because he won't say where he works? Have you though he's looking out for her and his or her safety?
>>
>>73641798
No, he's lying because he's saying he serves drinks to Lauren Mayberry. Yeah, and I serve pizza to Grimes every day.

That is a lie and you know it.
>>
>>73641812
Then what's the point of being I this thread if you think everyone's lying?
>>
>>73641812
I don't know it sorry anon
>>
>>73641831
>reading comprehension
I never said I think '''everyone''' is lying, but a lot are. Also, where the fuck did you come from, you fat autistic manchild? Why don't you turn your trip on and keep it on?

>>73641855
don't kid yourself
>>
>>73641916
Everyone here knows Im fat, it's not like you're brining something new to the table that no one knows about.
>>
>>73641937
Did I say that? No. Learn to listen, lardass.
>>
>>73636331
she looks like a sexy woman... did u smash?
>>
>>73641978
Yeah, you did. How can I listen to text anyway?
>>
>>73642016
NO I DID NOT, you fucking retard. In no way did I ever say that I think I'm "bringing something new to the table that no one knows about."

yet again, you are an absolute cretin. you should go to university because you need the education, you brainlet.
>>
>>73642053
K
>>
the relatively well known dj Mr Carmack ended up fucking one of our flatmates. She's not even that attractive she just hung around after the show and manged to stick around when they were closing so she took him back to the flat. He ended up in our kitchen just chatting shit in the morning for a bit before he left, cool dude. It's surreal going from seeing someone the night before to seeing him in your kitchen. The worst part was that she had a boyfriend at the time, remember fellas kill all thots 2017
>>
I met kanye west
Im never goin to fail
>>
Had dinner with Lenny Kravitz
>>
>>73642139
did he get his dick and balls out?
>>
>>73642053
Calm down Lauren damn
>>
>>73642146
naah , it was cold outside
>>
>>73642166
I'm not worried about her dude.
>>
>>73640671
Underrated
>>
>>73642196
At least your not holding a grudge against someone for stupid shit on the Internet
>>
>>73642196
get a job
>>
>>73642349
Trying to
>>
one dude I'm friends with is Zach Hill's cousin.

I've never met the band, or Zach but I'm pretty sure I could ask and get into a show. The dude's really cool. He plays drums or bass or something for some local punk bands.
>>
>>73642259
Lol that's true.
>>
>my life is super uninteresting because i dont go outside
>so everyone else on the internet must be lying about neat shit that happened to them
the world's a pretty fucking small place. you'd be surprised, anon. I remembered the way my world change when I finally started going outside.
>>
In 1975, I walked bob dylan on stage
>>
I'm friends with James Ferraro. Weird guy but I love him to death. He wants to write plays and he likes astrology.
>>
>>73642596
Also, a friend of mine opened for The Body once. He has a best friend that lives with John Maus' brother.
>>
>>73642567
Who the fuck are you?
>>
My brother was literally the last ever person to be in a photo with John Lennon.
>>
>>73636236
hulk hogan
>>
>>73640768
Nah, man, they're just Scots
>>
ITT: Truth and nothing but the truth
>>
File: keksimus maximus.jpg (10KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus maximus.jpg
10KB, 200x211px
>>73642132
>>
U-Ziq, Jonny Greenwood, Akala, Immortal Technique
>>
>>73642364
you're not planning on getting married, are you?
>>
>>73643141
Haven't thought that far ahead, mostly what's on my mind right now is getting better. Yeah I should have done it a lot sooner and had some bullshit I had so deal with in the past 7 months but I'm trying. Hate to start from square one again but I have to do it.
>>
My dad studied under Hank Levy, and a family friend of ours used to play alto wtih Earth Wind & Fire.

I've met Mitski, Meredith Godreau and Regina Spektor - all pretty nice and down to earth
>>
Joe Volk tripped over my foot at a Crippled Black Phoenix concert while the support act was playing. He only stumbled a bit thankfully.
>>
Dave Rodgers
>>
File: pupper.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pupper.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
met panda bear and avey tare at 9:30 club on my birthday. i actually talked with them a bit, and they were really nice. i got panda to sign a shirt that some random girl gave me while waiting outside the tour bus. he was so nice, i even got a hug and picture. i told him "i want to make music like you." he said "make music like you." such a surreal and beautiful moment
>>
>>73643181
Why do you answer such personal questions and say so much about yourself here?
>>
ive shitposted shoulder to shoulder with christtt

i worked with someone who let ed schrader sleep on his couch

my mom played bass for the beatles

i played runescape with jake tobin
>>
>>73636331
Are you from CT? Cause I'm from CT too.
>>
>>73643404
I have no idea desu
>>
i own a synth that belonged to a member of an obscure russian house group
>>
>>73643181
So it goes...
>>
>>73643642
Yup same shit as before, stuck in an endless loop of failure. Never thought I'd turn out like this, but I did
>>
i live 2km away from varg
>>
>>73643683
the most honest post I've heard from you
>>
The spot I was hanging out at a music festival lately just happened to be the spot a bunch of the artist were hangin in too. Got to meet most of the artists I came to see. Will Toledo was awkward as shit.
>>
>>73643361
Aww. I love AnCo.
>>
Uhh my mom talked to Muhammed Ali who talked to Elvis Presley so do I count
>>
i had sex with the guy from nouns girlfriend
>>
My dad sat behind Stuart Copeland at a Toronto screening of Pink Floyd The Wall. He signed my dad's poster.
>>
Close friend of mine worked with Skrillex and CL on a track.
Different friend grew up producing tracks with Madeon and Porter Robinson, met them both myself at some point too.
Dillon Francis stayed in the same hotel as me once and I went to the lobby to find my friend waving goodbye to him as he left for the train station.
Sat in a booth in The Nest and Mat Zo walked past me and I couldn't get out to say hello.
A lot of normie-tier electronic music really.
Hung out with bo en a few times. Saw him in a Tesco once.
Met Kero Kero Bonito and Ryan Hemsworth, gave everyone in KKB a big hug. Ryan wrote on my copy of Snow in Newark like it was a postcard.
A lot of small niche electronic artists, especially from japan, I've met.
I'm good friends with a lot of small (10-20k followers) soundcloud artists who have further branches and just sort of go from there.
>>
The guy who shot dimebag is my cousin
>>
I never really met musicians besides local bands, but my English teacher back in high school went to high school in Ruston and he pretty much knew Jeff Mangum for a few years.
>>
>>73643866
Yeah it sucks, a shitty life surround by shitty people like my father, brother and family. Constantly wishing for the better, and getting no where and even if I feel like I do it's always clos yet far
>>
File: 1442542969618.jpg (46KB, 625x341px) Image search: [Google]
1442542969618.jpg
46KB, 625x341px
>>73640639

>>Facebook friends with Michael gira
>>
>>73636236
i was in a relationship with (one of) george clinton's granddaughter(s) and did some pretty fucked up shit with her for 3 months
i fucked the daughter of [well-known jazz musician (don't want to get in trouble)] in her sister's apartment
ive chilled with a bunch of touring emo bands
met mike kinsella and talked for a few minutes
talked with jeff rosenstock for a while, really cool guy
small talk about fruit with dads
talked to joji for 15 at an intimate evening with anthony fantano in bklyn
>>
Met Michael Gira a few times, he's super chill.

In contact with Mat from Elvis Depressedly, might be an opener for him soon.
>>
mom is good friends with jeff parker of tortoise etc., been to his house multiple times
>>
OPN ripped off my grandfathers synth work.
>>
File: yung-lean-pearl-fountain-0.jpg (190KB, 1203x803px) Image search: [Google]
yung-lean-pearl-fountain-0.jpg
190KB, 1203x803px
I met Yung Lean in Stockholm and he smelled like shit, literal shit. It was a short period after Warlord had dropped and i think he was completely fucked up because of the fact that he recently just came home from Miami at the time where he had gotten locked up in a mental asylum for being wacky as fuck, it seemed like as if he was still a bit wishy washy when i met him. Anyway it was a fun encounter and he was very kind.
>>
I'm Brian Eno
>>
Dude who played keys in Steppenwolf for 10 years was in a band that played before me this last weekend. Nice guy and he fucking slayed it.
>>
>>73641735
Isnt John Deacon a complete hermit?
>>
Met the guys of cky before, still talk to deron every once in a blue moon
Thrice
My chemical romance
Finch
Graveyard
Fireball ministry
That's all I can think for now
>>
My great uncle played congas on Bob Dylan's Hurricane, played Tommy on Broadway, and recorded with Bette Midler.
His son is the percussionist for the Wood Brothers.
>>
mac demarco stayed at my friend's house after a show while i was also staying there. we played apples to apples. he was on his phone most of the time and was pretty distant.

in the morning we had a snowball fight and we helped him get out of the snowed in driveway.
>>
>>73636236
I fist-bumped Basshunter at a concert once, and I helped carry Ninja while he was crowdsurfing at a Die Antwoord show.

Paul Simon was also the speaker at my art department mini-commencement.

My parents' close friends from church have a daughter who through her partner is close friends with Karin and Ólaf Dreijer from The Knife.

As for relatives, iirc I'm possibly distantly related to Grace Slick and FKA Teigs.

So yeah, I've got nothing, really. All my celebrity conversations and run-ins are limited to the art/architecture world.
>>
>>73643817
The Wacky Misadventures of Anon and Varg
Episode One-Sacrifice to Suffice
>>
>>73636316
My friend's ex's dad's friend was one of the original members of Boston back when it was just a bunch of MIT kids docking around. He quit early on because "it was clear they weren't going anywhere".

I recall hearing he had big issues with depression later on in life.
>>
>>73643817
That's dope, you should bang his girlfriend
>>
File: Music Industry.jpg (222KB, 960x708px) Image search: [Google]
Music Industry.jpg
222KB, 960x708px
I opened a show for James Morrison some months ago. He was super nice, told me and my band some touring stories, was really down to earth and told us that whenever he came to our country he always smoked some of our national drugs because they made him really high
>>
>>73640774
I used to listen to Wax, what was he like?
>>
>>73645963
Oooh, I forgot to add that in the late 70s, my dad worked for an engineering firm that was next door to one of Aerosmith's practice spaces, and apparently they regularly would shoot the shit with Steven, Joe, and crew. IRL they were amazingly down to earth and gave off the sense that they still couldn't really believe that they'd managed to find such success.

This is backed up by coworkers from Marshfield who regularly bump into Steven Tyler on the street and say he's still incredibly down to earth and loves interacting with fans decades later.

Similarly, my old partner at work once saw Peter Wolf at a local ER for something random/minor, and said he was also amazing to talk to.

Moral of the story: AOR dadrock icons of the late 1970s and early 80s were the real deal.
>>
>>73636236
I stood less than 5 feet away from Courtney Barnett as she watched the bands that opened for her
>>
dan from have a nice life was my friend's guitarist's math teacher and apparently gave him a copy of the demo eric andre's berklee band cut and it's fucking awful
my childhood house is a minute away from the light bulb factory where all the original members of boston first met
i know there are more
>>73639661
>>73640703
>>73642937
>>73644085
>>73645621
best itt
>>
>met Marilyn Manson during Meet&Greet, it was kinda awkward, but he was chill
>worked in backstage for Rammstein concert some years back, said hi to them when they arrived, Richard said hi back, Paul said something in german and laughed and the rest didn't hear/ignored me
>had a beer with Matt Shultz of Cage The Elephant in a bar
>met Tyler, The Creator in club, said hi but ignored me

also my dad claims he's a friend of Dave Gahan and Alan Wilder from when they came to my country in 88, but I'm not sure how much "friends" they really are
>>
I live in Philly and know a lot of musically inclined folks. I also work at a concert venue.

I've met and hung out with members of Hop Along, the Districts, the Menzingers, Tigers Jaw, mewithoutyou, the Wonder Years, Modern Baseball and a bunch of other peeps.

All very nice people.
>>
>>73636236
I live in the random small little town that Thom Yorke was born in.
>>
>>73646116
She's another one who might be a distant relative, though I honestly hope she isn't.
>>
>>73645957
I got that vibe when I met him too. He was really kind enough to record a small shout out for a friend who couldn't make it to his show, and seemed to be laid back or goofy depending on who he met, but was otherwise surprisingly reserved. I kinda get that though. I wonder if he was texting Kiki. LDR are hard.

I should ask who my brother knows since he went to SAE.
>>
>>73636291
Woah, rad! How did that go?
>>
File: IMG_1551.jpg (216KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1551.jpg
216KB, 756x1008px
My dad is good friends with Dr. Know and Darryl Jenifer of Bad Brains, so I've hung out with them a few times. Smoked a joint with Darryl once, and he signed pic related for me. Originally thought he was signing it for my dad, hence the "To my homie"

I have a number of other stories of meeting musicians but this is by far the coolest

>>73643212
Do you by any chance go to SUNY Purchase?
>>
>>73636236
I met John Darneille of the Moutain Goats, great dude.
>>
>met Micheal Gira, Christoph Hahn and smoked some pot with Thor Harris and a couple of roadies after a Swans show around the time I just started listening to them.
>met Mark Arm from Mudhoney and Green River after a Mudhoney show
>the frontman of Rotting Christ tapped me on the shoulder and asked me for a lighter once
>>
>>73641812
>Grimes
Now I know for a fact you're mentally unstable
>>
A friend of mine's mother works at a strip club as a bartender, Marilyn Manson's father has visited and hit on her on several occasions.
>>
Michael Gira raped my father
>>
>>73646407
Nope, I'm in Harlem doing my postgrad
>>
>>73636236
Prince, he was buying a couple grand worth of Yugioh cards (this was like 2003)
>>
Compulsive lying general?
>>
>>73642596
stories?
>>
>>73636236
Joe Jackson slept on my couch in 2008.
>>
>>73637090
this shit is always funny
>>
>>73643683
Man up and break the cycle
4chan or the Internet isn't helping you get better
>>
File: 300px-Felix_Weingartner.jpg (16KB, 300x319px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Felix_Weingartner.jpg
16KB, 300x319px
weingartner stalks me in my sleep and also visits me in bird form. i still havent found out what he wants.
>>
File: G&D.jpg (384KB, 2048x958px) Image search: [Google]
G&D.jpg
384KB, 2048x958px
>>73636236

I met Gregg Allman a couple of times...very nice guy...humble and sweet.

Also met Derek Trucks several times and even smoked pot with his bass player (at the time)- very nice kid as well...super grounded and humble.
>>
File: varg.jpg (162KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
162KB, 500x667px
I sometimes write with Varg Vikernes on Youtube.
>>
I'm friends with the nephew of the Rage Against the Machine bassist.
>>
I met Gira at a show almost a year ago
>>
Met Mike Howe of Metal Church after their concert with Amon Amarth, Megadeth, and Suicidal Tendencies. Took a pic with him and my dad and shook his hand. Pretty chill guy.

Also met both the guitarist and old singer of Death Rattle, a semi-local band that my friend happened to know before one of their shows that we went to.
>>
>>73636236
Its not much but robbie williams was in my grand-dads art class in high school. apparently he was shit
>>
Met Elliot Coleman (ex-TesseracT, Good Tiger, Zelliack) after a show here in Finland where literally no small bands ever come so it was basically once-in-a-lifetime thing. I was so damn nervous but he was a super cool dude and we kinda just talked about Metal Gear Solid on their merch table.
Also met Mark from Periphery and Marc from Veil of Maya, both very humble and friendly.
>>
>>73645957
>>73639798
nice
i met mac demarco after a show in atl, he signed a dollar i had and was very kind, and super nice .
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.