[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Most Popular Music Critic of All Times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: fantano_2.jpg (43KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
fantano_2.jpg
43KB, 640x438px
Anthony Fantano is the most popular music critic of all time

inb4 lester bangsfags come at me

fantano has billions of views

less than 1000 people ever read a lester bangs or scaruffi review

it makes total sense that he is frequently discussed as he is and will continue to be the most popular music critic of all times
>>
Are you such a fragile person that you have to make a thread to highlight the opinion of someone in another thread that you don't agree with?
>>
>>73636171
nice ad hominous

prove to me he isnt the most popular music critic of all time and i will admit defeat
>>
music criticism is honestly the most cringe thing ever fuck god damn you guys are autistic
>>
>>73635834
You spelled Robert Christgau wrong you retarded faggot.
>>
What's the closest music criticism has ever gotten to having a Roger Ebert?
>>
>>73635834
You aren't wrong. At a time where celebrity status reaches the most people due to social media and the internet, it is very very possible The Needle Drop is the most watched/read/whatever music review program in human history. With over 1 million subs on youtube and insane viewership numbers on each video, his reviews probably have more relevant weight than almost every other review combined. The only thing stopping full takeover is not being on Wikipedia album pages.
>>
>>73635834
He's not a critic he's a YouTube entertainer
>>
who cares hes just a critic...

let these threads die
>>
>>73637859
Thoreau?
>>
>>73638034
When I hear or see Thoreau, I think of Henry David Thoreau, so I have no idea who you're talking about. Full name?
>>
>>73638167
That's the one. Apparently he was a huge music buff.
>>
>>73638189
Oh, well, Thoreau is probably more akin to someone like Andre Bazin or Godard when it comes to an equivalent of film criticism.
>>
>>73637859
Leonard Bernstein probably.
>>
>right now
Yes. he's the most popular critic at the moment
>all time
probably not but could be at some point
>>
>>73637551
less people know about xgau than scaruffi
>>73637940
why would making it on wikipedia = full take over?
>>
>>73635834

tell him you'll blow him then
>>
Reminder that Fantano is the Pedwiepie of music criticism.
>>
>>73636708
This.
>>
>>73636708
>Cringe
>autistic

get off the internet faggot
>>
>>73637977
People can't be two things.
>>
Music critics are too bad at writing to get a job in actual journalism or creating writing, and too bad at music to even play in a single band.

Don't listen to music critics.

Fantano is fun because he's a meme, he isn't a serious critic.
>>
>>73642334
this
>>
>>73636708
itstimetostopposting.jpg
>>
>>73636708
fucking this
>>
>>73636708
that is literally all that goes on here

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
I don't care about youtube celebrities because I'm not a brainless normie
>>
>>73645035
>he isn't a serious critic.
source?
>>73646360
tips tophat
>>
>>73645063

this, desu
>>
>>73645035
This is the same substanceless "criticism" lobbed at film critics, also. It holds absolutely no weight.
>>
poopoo caca doodoo
>>
File: 1497717126226.gif (516KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
1497717126226.gif
516KB, 1200x825px
>>73645035
Doesn't he play bass in a band?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.