[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I just not get this album or something? Is it worth a re

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

Did I just not get this album or something? Is it worth a re listen I thought it is was a 3/10.
>>
listen to broke with expensive taste by azealia banks to hear how shitty the post-yeezus hip house sound is when you do it wrong you'll probably appreciate this more
>>
>>73635106
>is it worth a re listen
Yes listen to it twenty, no, no, FIFTY more times to make absolute sure you don't like it.
>>
>>73635126
To me a lot of these songs sound unfinished. And when the producer could not figure out a beat they would just turn up the bass
>>
>>73635133
Quit shitposting. Don't come here to talk about music if you don't even like music as a concept. Your passive, uninformed disdain for music is lazy, less than any music deserves. Just listen to music like a sheeple, man. Just don't think about it anymore if you hate thinking so much and music is a chore.
>>
>>73635883
what?

>>73635106
dont bother op, its not very good
>>
>>73635106

it's just FotM HHH hypebeast BS
>>
I'm just curious how people are panning this

It's short and sweet, to the point

The production is next level burial tier

Each song has it's own general theme although I'm struggling to tie them together with anything other than the life of vincent stapler

great flows, clever lyrics and yet it remains very catchy

It's not a 10/10 but I'd give it at least an 8
>>
>>73636581
This, I don't know see why people's views are so different towards this album. I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop but this really was interesting, even for a first listen.
>>
>>73635106
Nah, it's pretty unremarkable.
>>
>>73636581
Hits the nail on the head. The production and lyricism on this thing are amazing.
>in b4 yeah right yeah right yeah right.
My only main complain with the album is the fact that it lacks cohesion.
>>
>>73635106
You gotta listen to an album at least 4 times before you can judge it.
>>
It's a forgettable album imo. You're not alone.
>>
>>73636581
This
I like it a lot but...
I'm still not sue what the big fish theory is :thinking:
>>
>>73636581
>burial tier

wew lad

>>73635106
yeah it's nothing special. Don't get the hype.
>>
can we all agree first song best song
>>
>>73638139
Yes then close second is Love Can Be... then Yeah Right then Homage
>>
>>73635106
Its alright.
Vince's delivery isn't always matching production on this thing, but I don't feel it is detrimental to the album. Its a 6.25/10 for me. Some of the tracks aren't going anywhere, some of the tracks are bangers. Nothing is really sticking out to me as experimental on this project other than the beat selection.
>>
Love Can Be got me dancing like a fucboi in my bedroom so that's my favorite so far

Yeah Right 2nd because SOPHIE can do no wrong in my eyes

Big Fish is also pretty good
>>
File: 1496777517169.png (728KB, 1165x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1496777517169.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
I WAS UP LATE NIGHT BALLIN'
>>
>>73635209
they are quite unfinished, which caused m to loop the album a couple times hoping some big revelation would come
but overall its pretty e njoyablle i guess
>>
>>73638921
COUNTIN' UP HUNDRED BY THE THOUSANDS
>>
ive been coming back to it just for songs like 745, Yeah Right, and Homage. I thought it had some great production, which I know is a melon thing to say, but I was just glad it wasn't full of the same boring crazy asynchronous high-hat hit that every pop-rapper has adopted. you know what I mean? just like crazy amounts of random high-hat fills between to some drake ass bass line. it wasn't mind blowing but he stayed unique in my mind.
>>
>>73635106
Solid 3 desu. Vince is doing absolutley nothing to impress on this album
>>
SAMO is hard as bricks
>>
>>73639140
for sure

Honestly love the song with Juicy J though, even if it is a little more mainstream
>>
File: 1488332528996.gif (80KB, 170x207px) Image search: [Google]
1488332528996.gif
80KB, 170x207px
>>73635106

yeah right yeah right yeah right.
>>
>>73636581
Why does everyone say anything slightly garagey is "like burial duuude" jesus fucking christ fucking retard
>>
>>73636581
>vincent stapler
>>
>>73641388
to be honest, if an american hip hop album has got any sort of garage influence it was most likely influenced by burial

I mean, compare Alyssa Interlude to Etched Headplate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_p4bCFMnHg
>>
File: 1491364578685.jpg (97KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491364578685.jpg
97KB, 1440x1080px
>>73638905
Vince actually got me losing my shit to a track with Ray J in 2017. I don't get it.
>>
>>73635106
Get better headphones
>>
I admire what Vince is attempting to do on this album but he just doesn't quite crack it.

He's trying too hard to stand out and swinging wildly in some pretty strange directions without much real motivation to do so.

It could have gone either way:

Could have been an absolute masterpiece that blew him into the stratosphere of genius like Yeezus did for Kanye.

Or it could have fizzled out and sunk to the bottom of bucket like a big fish with a crab caught in its throat.

Sadly the latter is what happened.
>>
File: 1498066574745.png (128KB, 450x260px) Image search: [Google]
1498066574745.png
128KB, 450x260px
>>73643458
>Could have been an absolute masterpiece that blew him into the stratosphere of genius like Yeezus did for Kanye.

KTT pls go
>>
>>73635106
it's just another rap album. another one will come out next month and everyone will flock to that. rap music is more about entertainment and keeping up with the culture than actual musical expression. there's no reason to listen to it if you don't have a twitter account or somewhere to gossip about what the rappers are up to
>>
glad im not the only one who thought it sounded like burial lol, interesting mix of garage and us hip hop though sounds nice
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.