[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Essential albums for to get on vinyl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: iukjshdfkgluhjbf.jpg (58KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
iukjshdfkgluhjbf.jpg
58KB, 650x430px
Essential albums for to get on vinyl
>>
All of them
>>
the ones you like the most
>>
>>73630030
My first two were Madvillainy and Dark Side of the Moon, but /mu/tants will recommend you some obscure shit
>>
La Monte Young - The Well Tuned Piano
>>
The ones you like, duh
>>
My first record on vinyl was Ok Computer, I'd recommend anything made by The White Stripes or Mount Eerie/Microphones, since they're albums recorded with tape, so the sound quality is at its best. Jazz records are fun on vinyl too, but it's all about what you like at the end of the day
>>
>>73630040
Fucking this
>>
Vinyl is an overpriced meme
>>
>>73630030
>>73630051
Now that you mention it, totally get a copy of Electroknots part 1 & 2 by Merzbow. It's a picture disc so it'll sound like shit but you'll at least have the bragging rights.
>>
>>73630081
this
>>
>>73630030
>>73630051
>>73630030
>>73630030
Just go digital.
>>
>>73630030
First off, if you can get quality vinyl copies of albums that you already like, then get those first.

Also Pet Sounds and ITAOTS for the fun of it.
>>
>>73630030
Why would you buy a record when a CD is available?
>>
Just get albums you like. Be aware of shitty reissues and yeah just use common sense
>>
>>73630030
>for to get
>>
>>73630424
nigger
>>
Collect the albums you enjoy the most on vinyl :)
>>
>>73630115
You poor soul
>>
>>73630280
Because I like to listen to the real pressing? I've compared digital and vinyl and trust me, you dont own a real amplifier
>>
>>73630280
Larger artwork
Warmer sound
Focused listening
Welcoming social group
Value
>>
>>73630467
caucasian on a sunny day
>>
File: youreliving.jpg (220KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
youreliving.jpg
220KB, 900x900px
>>
Not OP but what's the best way to know if a reissue is going to be trash?
>>
File: IMG_1832.jpg (327KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1832.jpg
327KB, 800x799px
I'd say pic related. Janis Joplin's voice is incredible; Ball and Chain is fantastic, and it's a pretty solid album if you take away all the shit songs where Janis isn't the lead singer. Plus there's a handful of live songs, which sound pretty good on vinyl.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.