[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vaporwave. Is it dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download (8).jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
15KB, 300x168px
Opinions on vaporwave
Here are mine
I like it it's actually kind of cool although the fact that most of the work is just altered from other peoples work keeps me from really getting into it
I feel if people actually composed their own pieces I would get into it more

Will vaporwave come back if people start doing this more?
Should vaporwave come back?
Do you take it seriously or is it a meme to you?

So many questions so little time
>>
Vaporwave is undead
>>
vapor is dead, neighbourwave is up next

https://soundcloud.com/karlkennedy/111a
>>
>>73617107
all the vaporwave kids moved on to lofi hip hop and suicideboys
its dead
>>
But sample based vaporwave is the best
>>
>>73617107
I took it somewhat seriously, although I recognized that some stuff was done just for the meme. I think it was destined to die quickly, the way memes do, since it is one of the early genres of music to be born on the internet itself.

So no, it should not come back.
>>
>>73617107
vaporwave is in its third phase; it's definitely still alive, but under a different form. it's no longer purely sample-based, it's no longer slowed down elevator music. it isn't even a specific genre in its current form anymore, it's an art movement very loosely based around ambient music and nostalgia.
>>
>>73617107
I think it's cool.

To me it's kind of like a smooth and comfy kind of industrial music.
>>
>>73617107
Not dead, just not trendy anymore.

Fortunately, the ironic meme kids who were ruining it by hyping it up and making shitty imitations of it have moved on to other stuff.

You're now free to enjoy vaporwave without being harassed by underage memers who think it's the funniest shit.
>>
>>73617107
Vapourwave and its cousin future funk consist mostly of songs shat out in 30 minutes using Audacity just by slowing down an old funk or jazz song (preferably a Japanese one making it even harder for normies to find the original track) and passing it off as your own work without giving any credit to the original composers. In other words, it's complete fucking shite and should be treated as such. The original tracks are better than the vapourwave remixes (that's all they are most of the time, remixes) 99% of the time.
>>
>>73621323
pretty much and these underage faggots get really buttblasted when you point out they didn't actually make the song.

a lot of the time they barely even slow it down or change the pitch at all. it's some of the most disgusting and retarded behavior i've ever seen.
>>
>>73621439
What pisses me off most is that the original tracks often get ignored; it's changing now for the most part, as many of the rare songs sampled frequently have hundreds of thousands of views, but as a fan of the music they blatantly rip off, I hate that the original artists got no credit for so long.
>>
>>73621496
>>73621439
>>73621323
yet /mu/ LOVES rap and hip hop which does the EXACT SAME SHIT
>>
>>73621791
Two wrongs don't make a right.
>>
Why listen to vaporwave, when there is hypnagogic pop and hauntologic ambient?
Why listen to future funk, when there is french house?
Why listen to hardvapor, when there is outsider house and footwork?

The answer to all these and many more is memes. Vaporwave is the ultimate nu-male genre.
>>
>>73621860
This.
>people who unironically like this are all edgy hipster 12 year olds
>>
File: vaporwaveinanutshell.gif (59KB, 600x187px) Image search: [Google]
vaporwaveinanutshell.gif
59KB, 600x187px
>>73621892
If only vaporwave and vaporwave fans were edgy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.