[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay serious question: Why do so many of you feel the need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159KB, 300x300px
Okay serious question: Why do so many of you feel the need to include this album in your top albums? Yeah, it's influential as fuck. Yes, at moments it is pure genius. But let's be real, this album is absolutely impossible to listen through straight though, and 50% of it is ear-rape meme music that is almost unlistenable. I don't believe a single one of you who claims this album is one of their personal favorite albums of all time. If you actually frequently visit this album and enjoy it on a regular basis you may be autistic.
>>
>>73616451
I have never listened to it.
>>
File: 1498503221348.gif (486KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1498503221348.gif
486KB, 499x499px
>>73616451
>>
>>73616451
>If you actually frequently visit this album and enjoy it on a regular basis you may be autistic.
More like schizophrenic
>>
>>73616451
I love that album and listen to it all the time. Different strokes for different folks anon
>>
your argument contradicts itself. its really fun to listen to all the way through, mostly when you're sick of hearing everything else. theres a billion things going on to pick apart instrumentally and the weird interludes are funny as shit
>>
>>73616451
Despite being a big fan of strange and/or experimental music, I've never really been into it. It missed everywhere Zappa hit.
>>
>>73616451
i find it an impressive feat and some of the most technically spectacular music in all of rock, but like you i find it difficult to listen to and sit through. however, there are parts of this record that are extremely accessible and genuinely catchy. moonlight on vermont, pachuco cadaver, and veterans day poppy are all great tracks.
>>
Mate I find myself humming the guitar lines on most of the songs, they're all catchy as fuck somehow. You might be a normie.
>>
>>73616471
>>73616490
>>73616519
just to clarify: I am not denying the impact this album had, it's place as a legendary album, or it's place as /mu/core, I simply find it hard to understand how it could be go-to listening music for almost anyone.
>>
>>73616451
It's Captain Beefheart growling hilarious lyrics with crazy blues instrumentation. What's not to love.
>>
Since I do one album per artist, I usually do have Lick My Decals on my chart since it's my favorite record from him. That being said, I think for most people, TMR is that perfect novelty style album that they won't listen to 24/7, but have a great time every time they do listen to it. My record like that is Soundtracks For The Blind by Swans it's in my top 5 but it's really fucking long and I rarely ever get the free time to listen to it all these days.
>>
>>73616451
it's not that deep m8
or that harsh
on some level it's just fun wacky catchy blues rock
>>
>>73616562
It was go-to listening music for me since I was 13. Do people actually find any songs on this album even remotely inaccessible? I always thought that "TMR is difficult to listen to" was just a meme.
>>
>>73616451
i think plebs think music has to be serious all the time. like fuck if it makes you laugh or question wtf is going on it's evoking more emotion than alot of shit posted on this board.
>>
It's actually a sign of autism to not be able to see other people's perspectives.
>>
>>73616562
>I simply find it hard to understand how it could be go-to listening music for almost anyone.
well there's your issue then, friend. learn to understand it or get over it.
>>
>>73618968
>reference to autistic symptom is accurate
you are one of a kind, anon.
>>
>>73616451
It's because it's fun as fuck to listen to, and it doesn't get old. I have a cd of it in my car, and I listen to it almost every day.
>>
>>73616451
it's not earrape but it is overrated. full of great tracks but also boring spoken word ones
>>
File: 1440578528282.gif (476KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
1440578528282.gif
476KB, 215x194px
>>73618944
this
>>
>>73616451
Just listened to it in full last week and it didn't annoy me at all bruh
>>
>>73616451
I listened to it once, didn't like it but you know listening something one time is not enough and doesn't mean that next time i still won't like it.
>>
The only real ear rape song is Pena though, the entire first half you could call tense, intricate, even abrasive, but not ear rape
>>
>>73617345
It's kinda odd at first because the polyrhythms are really weird if you're not used to them - and most people aren't.
>>
>>73620370
Pena is my favorite song too. If you're well rounded it shouldn't really be that difficult to enjoy. I can name some much more inaccessible albums.
>>
>>73616451
I agree. It's harder to sit through than a Merzbow album.
>>
the problem with TMR is it's not even close to Beefheart's best work. It's just a meme.
>>
>>73616451
>Why do so many of you feel the need to include this album in your top albums?
We enjoy listening to it.

Retard.
>>
File: free jazz.jpg (96KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
free jazz.jpg
96KB, 700x700px
First you must acquire a taste for freeform jazz.
>>
>>73616451
You need this:
https://youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
>>
>>73621352
What's his best then? Safe as milk?
>>
>>73616451
This is easily my most-listened album of all time. It's amazing and I love every moment of it.
>>
File: 1472995379880.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472995379880.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>73616451
>ITT Autist OP throws a fit saying that liking this album makes you an Autist.
Top kek, OP doesn't know how to listen to music.
>>
>>73620178
>>73616719
>>73616531
>>73622313
Guys why isn't TMR on spotify
>>
>>73616451

I don't believe that someone can be as much of a cunt as you. "Oh man, I can't relate to something, that means that nobody can relate!". I understand that it might be very hard to get in to the album, but realize that not everyone HAS to love it. I mean, are You mad because Ya feel pressure to like it, but can't genuinely enjoy it? I remember that when I first encountered trout mask I couldn't quite get through it, and didn't enjoy like half of it, but later on I just sat through it a couple of times and it all clicked. Afterwards I couldn't stop spinning it on repeat for nearly three months. I understand that You might not enjoy it, but to claim that everybody pretends just basing everything on Your view is silly.
>>
>>73616451
I don't care about the influence of this album.

I rate it around 6/10 as a listening experience. its entertaining, but not a masterpiece.

It's not "unlistenable" by any means
>>
>>73616451
get an attention span, retard.
it's not even a bit difficult to listen to in one go.
jesus christ.
>>
File: 1457562510014.png (195KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1457562510014.png
195KB, 510x346px
Can you enlighten me on it's significance and influence as an album? Not my kind of music but I'm really curious because it feels really eccentric.
>>
>>73623958
>>73621728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od0_LRNlE5A
>>
File: 473.gif (91KB, 260x142px) Image search: [Google]
473.gif
91KB, 260x142px
>>73616451
First thing I do when I wake up is listen to TMR. Then I have breakfast, soybeans of course. After I eat I have my shower where I listen to Trout Mask Replica again. As a cleanser, I like to go for a run where I typically listen to a lighter album like Safe As Milk or even Bongo Fury. When I get back it's lunch time and I'll listen to Trout Mask Replica while I mash my soybeans. While I eat I like to enjoy a nice documentary, specifically one about Captain Beefheart. Following that extended screen time I like to keep my mind sharp with some reading. So I'll read and interpret the lyrics to Trout Mask Replica, of course I have the album playing in the background so I'm 100% focused.

By now my day is going pretty good and I usually want to share it with somebody else. So I'll call up some friends to hang out. We like to play basketball, play tabletop RPGS and watch movies together but mostly we listen to Trout Mask Replica. After we all listen to the album together in our listening circle we head back to my place for dinner where I serve up a mean soybean. Just for the sake of ambiance, I'll play Trout Mask Replica in the background. Dinner conversation tends to be lively as we each share our favorite moments from Trout Mask Replica.

My friends go home after this and while it was fun, it's time to prepare for another big day tomorrow. I'm only human so pardon me if this is graphic but I do enjoy a bit of masturbation before I sleep. I'm not really adventurous, I masturbate to vanilla, lesbian sex and oral but mostly just the cover art of Trout Mask Replica. Following that I clean myself up and unwind with a bit of music; Trout Mask Replica being my favorite. That's when I hop into the shower for a brief and relaxing warmth, I'm pretty clean by now I just want to ease up my muscles. Then it's time for bed. Being something of an audiophile I like to listen to music while I sleep. After I hit play to start up the song "Frownland" I drift to sleep.
>>
they include it because this album is a meme and op is shitposting. kys
>>
>>73624648
>First thing I do when I wake up is listen to TMR. Then I have breakfast, soybeans of course
Oh, boy. They were lucky to even have that much.
>>
>>73616451
>Okay serious question: Why do so many of you feel the need to include this album in your top albums?
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/gyiyg/r5.0
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/SolidGoldTooth/r5.0
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/alalal42/r5.0
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/jimwize/r5.0
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/doppz/r5.0
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Andreijah/r5.0
Do you notice a pattern here? And there are thousands of examples like these. Literal copies of Scaruffi's favorite album lists. While I don't doubt some of those people seriously enjoy the albums, there is a possibility of people treating music as trading cards and collectibles.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.