[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is She greatest pop artist this decade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7474.jpg (54KB, 750x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7474.jpg
54KB, 750x486px
Is She greatest pop artist this decade?
>>
File: g9BwuIaS.png (622KB, 552x701px) Image search: [Google]
g9BwuIaS.png
622KB, 552x701px
>>73616351
Pfffffft. Not even close. Critics overrated Melodrama as hell after they kinda missed the Pure Heroine wagon. This shit always happens.
>>
nah
>>
File: Grimes - AA.png (145KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Grimes - AA.png
145KB, 300x300px
She's even worse than pic related, which is a feat, so no. My cards are with Bjork considering Vulnicura.
>>
Janelle Monae takes this by far and it's not even close.

If we are talking popular music in general, there's other contenders like Joanna Newsom, Grouper, and Julia Holter.
>>
>>73616686
>She's even worse than pic related, which is a feat, so no.
You're saying like AA is a bad album. WTF is wrong with your shitty taste?
>>
>>73616913
AA is absolute shit with no good songs whatsoever
>>
>>73616913
it is bad
>>
>>73616913
What's wrong with YOUR shitty taste if you like the single most overrated album of this decade?
>>
Yep. Plus she doesnt act like a trashy whore. 10/10 pop artist
>>
>>73616913
Not only is it bad it's complete shit
>>
>>73617211
>most overrated album of this decade
>acclaimed albums that he hates = overrated
You just don't get this masterpiece because you're a... p l e b.
>>
>>73617269
If, in my opinion, I believe that an album is very bad, and it got rave reviews, then of course I would personally think it's the most overrated album. Are you mentally disabled?

Also:
>pleb for not liking pop music
haha hoo hoo
>>
>>73617310
>pleb for not liking pop music
Pleb for not liking patrician art pop. Stay pleb, you pleb.

>I would personally think it's the most overrated album.
I personally think that's a shitty opinion. Problem?
>>
>>73617470
>synthpop
>ever patrician
kek

>problem?
no, as long as you don't have a problem with me liking your pitchfork-approved goblin
>>
>>73616435
this
>>
>>73616435
So that means Art Angels was overrated then, right?
>>
File: 1498586576213.jpg (261KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1498586576213.jpg
261KB, 1200x899px
>>73616351
>See pop thread
>oh boy can't wait for Grimesfags to kill this thread off
>Grimesfag literally first reply
I always thought it was ironic memery but Grimesfags truly are just weaponized autism.
>>
>>73617513
>synthpop
>ever patrician
Yes. Kraftwerk, YMO, Yazoo, The Knife, New Order, Sparks, Depeche Mode, Art of Noise, iamamiwhoami, Grimes (to name a few), are all patrician. You don't know that because you're a mega pleb. Educate yourself.
>>
>>73617600
>Grimesfags
>expecting to be taken seriously
Dance, autist! Express your useless fury.
>>
>>73617628
Kek
>>
>>73617609
I like all of those artists, but none of them are patrician. Patrician has always meant art music, not "music I think is good"

>>73617628
>I get offended by 4chan memes on 4chan so I will ignore anything criticizing my group
dance, autist, dance!
>>
help me out lads

where can i find the video of her glastonbury set?
>>
>>73617698
>Patrician has always meant art music, not "music I think is good"
Bullshit. Music is art by definition. Patrician means noble; not for the masses (aka plebs). Anyway pleb/patrician is just a meme popularized by CLT.
>>
>>73617842
And Grimes is for the masses, not noble at all.
>>
>>73617746
https://mega.nz/#F!cNAHwApS!oifVyKZ56vuwZK4c-KnSjg
>>
>>73617600
>weaponized autism
Anon, did you stop to think before posting your pic related, or was it just a natural response? Because if so...
>>
>>73617879
i meant lorde's set from this years gb, but ty anyways.
>>
>>73616351
Probably not, although she's definitely one of the better ones.

>>73616435
>Critics overrated Melodrama as hell
There's a rule of thumb you can follow with this stuff. If an artist releases an album which gets pretty universally underrated (e.g. Lorde with Pure Heroine) and they then go on to follow it up with an album that is at least half as good (e.g. Lorde with Melodrama) it's gonna get massively overrated because even music reviewers sometiems feel guilt. It's like clockwork.
>>
i'm a bit of a pleb but my favorite of te decade so far is melanie martinez
>>
>>73617861
She's not for the masses. Check this out: big acclaim, fairly small popularity (just right), small sales. Most normies have no idea about her. Also her style is unique; there's no other Grimes. Considering all these facts, she's clearly patrician.
>>
>>73617698
>being a 4chan meme-boy
>>
>>73618034
https://sharemania.us/threads/lorde-glastonbury-2017-1080i-hdmania.50672/
>>
>>73618131
>there's no other Grimes.
Anon, there's also no other Lorde - or no other you/me.

Although desu Lorde kindqa reminds me of a female Majical Cloudz.
>>
>>73616700
When is Monae coming out with a new album?
>>
>>73618135
>complaining about 4chan memes on 4chan
>>
>>73618131
I've introduced many of my normie friends to Grimes, and all of them liked her. Although they said it was weird, they said they enjoyed her music nonetheless. Her music is incredibly accessible and would be way more popular were it exposed to a mainstream audience more often. Hell, Blonde was a huge album and it's pretty weird as well.
>>
>>73619431
Why would I WANT to be taken seriously by the sorts of people who identify themselves with 4chan memes?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.