[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are the big rock bands of this millennium? The ones that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Queens of the Stone Age.jpg (295KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Queens of the Stone Age.jpg
295KB, 1280x720px
Who are the big rock bands of this millennium? The ones that people will look back at as the defining ones of their eras. Maybe these guys could be one, I don't know.
>>
AnCo?
>>
>>73612853
qotsa, the white stripes, the strokes, the killers, weezer, foo fighters, green day, rhcp, radiohead. at least these are the bands people will talk about when they mention 00s bands
>>
>>73612937
All of those bands started in the late 1990s.
>>
>>73614349
That doesn't really matter. Nirvana, Blur, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, etc. started in the 80s and are considered 90s bands. Pulp started in the 70s.
>>
>>73614377
>Pulp started in the 70s.
holy shit. i never knew that
>>
>>73614349
The Killers formed in 2001.
>>
>>73612853
Triz looks so awkward in his suit.
>>
>>73614349
RHCP started in the 1980s lol, green day early 90s, radiohead as well, and weezer
>>
>>73612853
Linkin Park would be in there, despite everything after Meteora being shit. Every Time I Die would be there too, if we are only counting when the band actually became good.
>>
>>73614445
Green Day formed in 1986...
>>
>>73614451
No way is Every Time I Die big enough to define a decade
>>
>>73612853
Classic tier

Cage the elephant
Arctic monkeys
Black keys

Good tier
The strokes
Royal blood
Queens of the stone age
>>
File: Shocked Bart.gif (920KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked Bart.gif
920KB, 480x360px
>>73614411
>Pulp are 4 years older than the Smiths
>>
>>73612853
Linkin Park
Coldplay
The Strokes
The White Stripes
Nickelback
Panic! At The Disco
Fall Out Boy
Arctic Monkeys
My Chemical Romance
The Killers
The Black Keys
Three Days Grace
Disturbed
let's be fucking realistic here
>>73612937
literally none of these bands began, or even peaked, in the 2000s.
>>
>>73612937
>>73614582
Almost all those bands peaked in the 2000s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.