[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a landmark album in the history of electronic music.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: phonemenomicon.jpg (217KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
phonemenomicon.jpg
217KB, 1200x1200px
This is a landmark album in the history of electronic music. One of the all-time masterpieces of the genre, and one of the greatest albums of any genre in the past decade. Pitchfork just 100% discredited themselves out of the criticism game by not even mentioning this album. If you're not even aware of the most cutting edge excursions on the frontier of postmodernist 21st century beat music, then you're an out-of-touch, clueless, dinosaur publication on your way to extinction. Pitchfork is lame as shit. How can anyone take them seriously now? The same applies of a lesser extent to theneedledrop, who at least very briefly mentioned this album in a video and gave it some casual props, but clearly failed to understand the utter importance of this record, which deserved a full-length review and a 10/10 by his particular rating system. So Fantano is looking like a dinosaur too.

Ironically the most hip and cutting edge reviewer remains one of the oldest in the game: we all know who he is. These young critics are getting embarrassed, looking like out-of-touch amateurs.

This is important for the postmodern community. Let the bullshit critics fade away in irrelevance, like the Rolling Stones magazine of yore, and let the new serious commentators rise up in their place. Impossible Nothing just provided a benchmark to sift out the real from the fake. This is a big score for Popmatters, hopefully it will help propel their ascension to the top of the music journalism community. Pitchfork on the other hand was dealt their final, killing blow, ushering in their now inevitable decline.

Scaruffi in the meantime will remain by far the most reliable go-to resource. He's outside the criticism game. Scaruffi stays steady on his historical scholar grind, documenting live from the frontiers of music and human consciousness, providing a year by year account that will accurately provide our ancestors with knowledge of this era centuries down the line.
>>
agreed
>>
It's good, but I can't be damned to listen to a 4+ hour long album.
>>
>>73610840
thank you conen o'brien for all you do
>>
>>73610840
No one would care for this album if not for some Italian pedo
I fucking hate Scaruffi drones
>>
"Mom I'm 15 now I don't care about the console wars anymore, now I care about online music critic wars. I'm an adult."
>>
I really like Tonemonicon but I can't shake the feeling that this music is just really easy to make and that the dude has a formula worked out for it

Either that or he has been stockpiling his music
>>
Nice copy/paste!
>>
File: ju papu.jpg (44KB, 650x666px) Image search: [Google]
ju papu.jpg
44KB, 650x666px
>>73611108
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>electronic music
>>
>bandcamp hip-hop
how can people take this meme seriously
>>
File: acid victim.png (150KB, 247x238px) Image search: [Google]
acid victim.png
150KB, 247x238px
>This is important for the postmodern community.
>>
>>73611004
>but I can't shake the feeling that this music is just really easy to make and that the dude has a formula worked out for it
1. Actually listen through all three of his records all the way.
2. Open up DAW and try to make it yourself.

See how that goes. It's not like ambitious electronic artists don't exist. Autechre released AE_Live and Elseq with a two year period as well, with both also being around four hours long and even more intricate than Impossible Nothing's stuff.

Also, Lexemenomicon all the way for me. It's got the most complicated microtonal type stuff happening of the three. Tone might be my least favorite as it's the simplest of the three.
>>
>>73610840

this but unironically
>>
Go away Scruffy
>>
>>73610891
2 hours is usually a bit of a stretch even. I was wary of Joanna Newsom at first when I saw how long Have One On Me was, so to see that this is 4 hours of music is a bit daunting. I'm sure I'll listen through most of it eventually though
>>
>>73610840
what did it pioneer?
fanatical devotion to ten minute songs?
let's face it, it's just well-done hodge-podge
>>
>>73610908
I get the feeling that this sentiment is really prevalent here. Can I ask why? I get that the guy can come off as pretentious sometimes, but I usually find myself at least understanding his reasoning for his ratings, as he tends to give decent context for his ideas
>>
File: djak.jpg (124KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
djak.jpg
124KB, 900x900px
>>73611004
What was that?
>>
>>73611252

>doesn't understand what 'meme' means
>>
>>73610840
>postmodern
Kill yourself, cia
Here's the underrated electronic album
>>
>>73611412
>2. Open up DAW and try to make it yourself.

AKA STFU
>>
I still can't understand how a 80 years old Italian man can stumble on a release like this one and realize it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>73612552
sure is
>>
>>73611830
>tfw the universe is also well done 'hodge podge'
>>
>>73612552
the artist probably emailed him or something
talking to scaruffi isn't as inaccessible as you might think
>>
lex>tone>phone?
>>
>>73612928
A friend emailed him a spelling correction for the Ween page (he had it listed as God Weed Satan for some reason) and got a response on like a day and a half.
>>
File: B1LaPX62awS._SL1000_.jpg (84KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
B1LaPX62awS._SL1000_.jpg
84KB, 1000x750px
>>73613202
>for some reason
>>
>>73610840
>this album is amazing
>p4k and needledrop are plebs for not talking about it
>scaruffi is the best

what a stupid post even if this is copypasta. you haven't even said anything about what makes this album good. i listened to the first 30 minutes or so and then stopped because it sounded like unexciting soundcloud beats and i sure as hell wasn't going to sit through another 3 and a half hours.

how about you try to back up your assertion instead of coming off as a pretentious sensationalist
>b-but it's postmodern
so is basically every bandcamp and soundcloud release. so what?
>>
>>73613452
if you think this sounds like everything on soundcloud or bandcamp you are a fukkin retard
>>
>>73613452

>soundcloud beats

opinion discarded, the production value for Impossible Nothing is off the charts compared to almost every soundcloud beatmaker ever.
>>
File: everyday_struggle_4.jpg (71KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
everyday_struggle_4.jpg
71KB, 600x800px
>>73613452
Say again?
>>
>>73611999
electronic music is a meme
>>
>>73613562
>all media is a meme
>ergo all music is meme
shut up
>>
which track do you like best off of phone?
>>
>>73611830
It pioneered in ineffective viral marketing on /mu/.
>>
>>73614129
what are you talking about?
>>
File: lil_ugly_mane-third.jpg (601KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lil_ugly_mane-third.jpg
601KB, 1200x1200px
>>73611830
>it's just well-done hodge-podge
and it didn't even pioneer that
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.