[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most significant works of music 1950-1990

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Scaruffi.png (1MB, 800x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Scaruffi.png
1MB, 800x1222px
Do you think Scaruffi actually knows Music Theory?
>>
>>73608587
I still don't get the Trout Mask Replica meme. Somebody explain it, please. I love Beefy's performance on Hot Rats, by the way.
>>
>>73608587
No hes little manlet who touches kids and has no taste in music
>>
>>73608587
If he did, he would have surely done some sort of thorough musical analysis in any of his reviews by now.

He hasn't. Ever.
>>
>>73608587
>Do you think Scaruffi actually knows Music Theory?
No. If he did he would appreciate Aphex Twin and Radiohead and their significance more. Stop shilling.
>>
File: blacksaint.jpg (326KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
blacksaint.jpg
326KB, 1400x1400px
can someone explain this to me
>>
>>73608723
>Aphex Twin and Radiohead
Stockhausen BTFO Aphex and Radiohead is for advance losers.
>>
>>73608744
That's just some garbage for regards who don't know shit about music but pretend to do so. This album is almost entirely shit.
>>
>>73608752
>Stockhausen
Why would anyone care about this pretentious piece of human?
He couldn't even write a decent piece in his entire life.
>>
>>73608752
>some shit composer BTFO one of the most important musicians ever
go back
>>
>a Shostakovich Symphony instead of any of his String Quartets when it's the latter where he did his best and the former was among the crap forced onto him by the commies
>Gesang der Junglinge and not Kontakte where Stockhausen came the closest to total serialism thus establishing the bar for timbre manipulation/changes and the potential of electronic music ever since
>most significant jazz record in one with very little actual intricate jazz stuff happening in terms of improvisation, instead opting to having more poppy simplistic hooks in return for a half decent arrangement
A piss poor top three that shows that he knows nothing about music. I am pretty sure I can keep going on.

That being said:
>is willing to put A Rainbow In Curved Air on the list even though it's relatively simple and basic compared to what it influenced yet is also unwilling to put in George Gershwin, Chuck Berry, or The Beatles when these three probably have influenced far more than most of the artists on the list especially Gershwin
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.