[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I listen to it on acid, will it finally make sense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1697.jpg (377KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1697.jpg
377KB, 600x600px
If I listen to it on acid, will it finally make sense?
>>
Listening to this on acid was extremely beautiful but I couldn't make it through the whole thing

I was outside and alone and while it felt amazing I felt myself falling too deep into the music to keep track of myself

if you have someone around I definitely recc
>>
>>73608270
nah,m8
>>
>needing drugs for Loveless to *click*
>>
>>73608329
this
these are the same types of people who say ''wow what drugs were they on when they made this haha'' when listening to something that isn't generic top 40 trash
>>
File: 1270377356214.png (188KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
1270377356214.png
188KB, 492x440px
>>73608366
>>73608329
>implying drugs cannot immensely enhance the way you experience music
>>
>>73608487

It can, but generally if you set out to listen to something while high, and plan it out beforehand, it doesn't really work.

Just put your library on shuffle and see what you're drawn to.
>>
Nah not acid. There's not enough happening on that record to make the acid trip worth it. Weed, DMX, codeine, basically downers that sorta distort you are what might help.
>>
>>73608487
it can, but you shouldn't need to, and getting stoned most likely won't make you enjoy something you wouldn't enjoy otherwise; only heighten your appreciation for something you already enjoy. that's how it is for me at least.
>>
If you're planning to trip, innerspeaker or lonerism are better albums
>>
>>73608648
I shit you not, I listened to this peaking on acid and after a bowl of weed and I felt like I could hear the layers of sound separating. When You Sleep was mindblowing. Even going back to it sober, I still feel like I can hear things I didn't use to hear.
>>
File: 1497675704759.gif (927KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1497675704759.gif
927KB, 250x230px
>>73609628
You should do standup man.
>>
>>73608746
acid is a lot different from getting stoned mate
>>
>>73608487
Clever excuse for being a drug addict I must admit.
>>
>>73608270
Its my favorite album for tripping. It just feels like drwoning in a swirl of noises. All these bends fit perfectly for morphing ojects.
>>
If you listen to music for the first time on drugs you're a loser who doesn't actually like music.

When You Sleep is one of the most beautiful and well-written pop songs of all time, and it took me repeated listens to find that out. You'll get through the noise and hear it eventually, and then appreciate the noise on top of it.

Here's a video of a chink doing a cover on a ukulele that sort of made me realise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arDhN_anEqc

And listening to pic related is also helpful if you have a problem with shoegaze, since you probably know some of the songs underneath the noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfm-fehAYx0
>>
File: 1482373298397s.jpg (4KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1482373298397s.jpg
4KB, 125x123px
>>73610975
>that sort of made me realise.
죽어라.
>>
>>73608270
I actually tried to listen to this on acid and it was awful - since it just seemed like noise to me that effect was amplified.
Only when I went back and listened sober did it all click for me
>>
>>73608329
Drugs objectively enhance the listening experience of music.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.