[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the worst 'classic rock' bands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Aerosmith.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Aerosmith.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
Pic Related
>>
Pic
>>
>>73604754

Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
Bon Jovi
Def Leppard

all that sort of shit "mom rock"
>>
>>73604754
Aerosmith are legit pretty good.

The worst classic rock band is 100% Journey
>>
Journey obviously
>>
>>73604754
Talking Heads
>>
Kiss
>>
>>73606342
funy bate
>>
Childhood is loving Aerosmith and calling them "hard rock."

Teenage rebellion is hating Aerosmith and calling them "mom rock."

Adulthood is recognizing that Aerosmith is some straight-up bonehead cock rock, but you can still enjoy their 1976 album Rocks just cuz it's so stupid and fun.
>>
>>73605406

>bon jovi
>classic rock

You're kidding me. Since when did 80s gay bar dance trax become classic rock?
>>
>>73604754
The Eagles
Kiss
Bon Jovi
>>
>>73604754
they're all dogshit unless they're pre hagar van halen
>>
>>73604754
bruce springsteen
bon jovi
>>73607415
kiss was bad, but it wasn't just about the music so they don't count
>>
Any and all of them.
>>
>>73607489
everything is classic rock now
while on topic
green day :^)
>>
REO Speedwagon
>>
>>73604754
queen
ac/dc
guns n roses
queen
aerosmith
bon jovi
queen
>>
Led Zeppelin
>>
Nirvana
>>
>>73609414
Permanent Vacation is fun too.
>>
>>73604754
i'm a gigantic classic rock fan and ive never been a fan of the steve miller band. just generic boring tripe. absolutely nothing special at all
>>
>>73609525
Sorry anon, I respectfully disagree
>>
>>73610011
Meant for
>>73609422
But I don't mind nirvana either
>>
>>73604754
Foo Fighters
>>
>>73607464
>Teenage rebellion is hating Aerosmith and calling them "mom rock."

That's only if you listened to their post-1985 stuff.
>>
>>73607415
>>73607500
Kiss' first album or two are pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acuWLEvsr7Q

>>73606312
same with journey, their prog rock is pretty sweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JitzkI0wazc
>>
>>73609486
Mozart
>>
I mean, the only "dadrock" I totally dismiss is the hair metal shit from like, mid to late 80s. The only respectable act from that scene is GnR, and even then I think they're just alright.
>>
>>73604754
The real answer is Foghat.
>>73607505
This is also an acceptable choice.
>>
>>73604754

At least Rocks and Toys in the Attic are classics, but they used to be a very good band until the late '70s.
Even some of their '80s stuff was not bad (especially Pump)
>>
>>73604754
God Aerosmith sucks so fucking bad
>>
>>73604754

Probably Status Quo.
>>
>>73610641
They're really not that bad. Compared to the likes of ACDC they're downright fantastic
>>
>>73604754
Nirvana
>>
If anyone even thinks about posting The Doors, make sure you fuck off before you bother, because you are wrong.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Slippery When Wet [Mercury, 1986]

Sure, seven million teenagers could be wrong, but their success does carry with it a certain documentary certainty. One thing it proves is that youth rebellion is toothless enough to simulate and market. But who ever thought that youth was dangerous in the current climate anyway? Would you prefer that the band market patriotism instead? And are you really immune to "Living on a Prayer"? B-

New Jersey [Mercury, 1988]

I must say, I admire Jon's pseudo-Springsteenian desire to improve both his artistic reputation and his platinum count at the same time. You could identify with the masses, sit back, and enjoy its giant hooks all the while. You could learn to love "Living on a Prayer" as I did during nonstop rotation at a community pool. Or you could lose your lunch. Now pass the vomit bag this way. C+

Have A Nice Day [Island, 2005]

I think I've finally discovered the secret to their success--almost as mysterious as Jon-Jon's mysteriously unwrinkled countenance--hard rock so inoffensive it's less Aerosmith than Air Supply. Honestly, Bon Jovi meant so little short or long term that I'd always assumed they broke up in the fabled '90s, taking all the band's releases since then as one-offs or reunions, and I couldn't figure out why the product kept coming in the five seconds I stopped to think about it. Nor is it possible to tell if the one called "Bells of Freedom" is pro- or anti-Bush. It's impossible to say. A depressing proof for the existence of that fabled entity, the passive mass audience. C
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.