[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on musicals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hmltn.jpg (896KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
hmltn.jpg
896KB, 1200x628px
Opinion on musicals?
>>
>>73598927
shit
>>
>>73598927
what the fuck are you asking and why post something as specific as Hamilton?

Speaking of Hamilton, does anyone have the original Broadway cast of 1776 in 320kbps?
>>
>>73598948
Thanks, anon; your opinion is much appreciated!
>>
>>73598972
I want to know how /mu/ feels about musicals. not specifically Hamilton, just in general.
>>
>>73598927
Pretty fucking gay
>>
>>73598997
Should've used a pic of Sondheim or Andrew Lloyd Weber, hell, even a pic of Lin would've been more general.
>>
>>73598927
I like musicals. Don't think I would like Hamilton.

Side note, I like bat boy because it features incest.
>>
I saw Spring Awakening at college once and they got naked on stage so that's pretty cool.
>>
Jesus Christ Superstar is bretty gud
About half of Jersey Boys I like
Also La La Land

Generally speaking it's good not to take them too seriously and enjoy them. Also I think it takes a certain kind of taste to appreciate them, hence the faggotry in this thread.
>>
Hamilton is one of those special cases where it isn't as bad as /mu/ says it it but it isn't any where close to as good as everyone else claims it is.

Musicals as a whole? I mean that's like asking for a broad opinion of anything in music. Some are good, some are bad, some are just ok.
>>
File: 1441771132412.png (111KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441771132412.png
111KB, 480x600px
>>73598927
why do normies love this shit so fucking much
>>
>>73601401
because it's original and good
>>
I like the sad ones. I was raised on musicals, and I think for a lot of folks it's kind of something you're either brought into or not.

I know people who weren't raised on them, and they say they're cheesy and gay. But for me, having been raised on musicals, melodrama is kind of the only drama that I can really feel. What I mean is I can't cry to popular music. I actually have a hard time crying in general. Sad musicals, melodrama, that is--that was what was given to me at a young age as an acceptable outlet for emotion. And it's kind of like heroin in that now I can't really get catharsis of that sort from really any other music, especially popular music. It just doesn't fire on all the neural levels that sad musicals do. The Antlers do fucking nothing for me.

And it goes without saying (although I'm going to say it anyway) that Les Miserables is the black tar heroin of melodrama. I use the 10th anniversary recording for everything but "I Dreamed a Dream," which Anne Hathaway of course knocked out of the park.

So for a melodrama junkie like me, Anne Hathaway's version of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables is, to extend the heroin metaphor, like pure-ass china white. I can't cry normally, but if ever I need a quick tearjerk, I can jerk one off to a youtube video of that song in mere minutes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.