[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard finished?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (228KB, 1516x834px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1516x834px
Are King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard finished?
>>
>>73598779
nah they can keep making the same album every year and their drone fans will keep eating the shite up
>>
>>73598809
>every year
Try every 3 months
>>
>>73598779
hopefully

these guys don't even do psych rock as good as fucking Tame Impala just a bunch of self-wankery nonsense with a few artsy quirks thrown in like their "spoken word"
>>
>>73598831
some anon said they plain on releasing five this year

they make Future looks conserved with how much they're oversaturating themselves right now
>>
>>73598836
>tame impala
>good

NICE
FUCKING
WEW
>>
>>73598934
Never in my post did I say TI were good they're below average as well I was insulting King Gizzard by insinuating they're not even as able to reach mediocre

you mongloid
>>
>>73598870

what instrument does Future play again?
>>
>>73598870
they're really taking the how many times can we release the same album before people start to notice" meme to the next level
>>
They were good before they started recycling the same shit over and over

Not only does the new album sound exactly like the last like 3, certain riffs and ideas are straight up plagiarized from Thee Oh Sees this time.
>>
I like them :(
>>
>>73599165
I still like them too but I've seen this phase of a band way too many times to not acknowledge when it's at least nearing the end

I'm just disappointed they completely stopped trying and just went for the quick cash grabs because they know they have a small but somewhat passionate fanbase that'll still grab their stuff up
>>
File: 544.png (220KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
544.png
220KB, 373x327px
>>73598968
>>73599090
>>
>>73599214
hopefully the next album is different. i actually haven't heard the latest one yet. i just got my preorder today.
>>
>>73599214
In no plane of existence could an album like Murder of the Universe be considered a 'quick cash grab'.
>>
>>73598870
Fucking #rekt future dick rider>>73598999
>>
I thought Nonagon Infinity was pretty decent. But I'd like to see them actually take some time and make something really good.

How long until they release albums like Buckethead?
>>
>>73599242
>>73599297
gizzard fags getting a little angry I see

It's ok guys in two months you'll get to listen to that awesome new KG album
>>
>>73599319
sweet
>>
I don't think so. I mean, I enjoyed nonagon and microtonal banana.
>>
>>73598836
tame impala is absolute nonsense music for 13 year old girls
>>
>>73598779
wtf I love king gizzard and the lizard wizard now
>>
>>73598779
They'll redeem themselves with their next album
>>
>>73599133
I was trying to figure out what it was about MOTU and the Thee Oh Sees rip off is spot on

Paper Mache was the best king giz, though it feels like an eternity ago now
>>
>>73599370
Respond to me
>>
yeah I'm not interested in listening to bands rehash the same shit I've heard a million times before
>>
>>73599509
king gizzard is terrible

there you happy now?
>>
you guys are so cynical. i love the psych pop trend we're seeing. it'll be over eventually, might as well enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>73598779
King Gizzard fags are easily the most annoying people on this board. I liked Nonagon infinity but honestly you guys need to calm down. You all make Death Grips fans look normal
>>
>>73599529
No. I'm no more happy than I was when you ignored me.
>>
>>73599543
nobody is being overly cynical most anons are simply saying we're tired of them rehashing the same old shit it's the king gizzard fans going absolutely autistic over any criticism
>>
No, why the fuck do we still care about this retard?
>>
File: 20170330_093124.png (414KB, 662x526px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_093124.png
414KB, 662x526px
>>73598836
>as good as tame impala
anon...
>>
murder>nonagon>banana
>>
>>73599635
we don't we're just admitting he finally got a review spot on after what feels like years
>>
File: LordLightningJizz.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LordLightningJizz.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
A lot of people on this board really hate King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, and they are especially happy to shitton them now that Fatnano didn't praise Murder of the Universe. Fine, whatever, I still enjoy King Gizz and I actually really dig the 'annoying' spoken word. Gets me pumped for /tg/ shit.
But are they really ripping off Thee Oh Sees? I've never listened to them and I want to know the best example (album) to show this happening.
>>
>marginal talent
>crippled songwriting
>good aesthetic

yeah looks only get ya so far eventually people will notice how terrible you really are when you stick around long enough
>>
they're definitely a one-trick pony. but with each album they release they develop and fine-tune that one trick. this is their strongest album imo and i still get a kick out of it even though it's nothing new.

the weird time signatures and polyrythms on this thing are top notch and they keep it interesting throughout.

sure, people who don't like their one sound are gonna hate but if you like krautrock and heavy metal there's no reason you should dislike this album. it kicks ass and it's been stuck in my head for days.

also, fuck anyone who tries to compare this band to tame impala
>>
>>73599592
have you ever encountered a grimesfag before?
>>
>>73600108
yeah I don't get the tame impala comparisons at all, Kevin at least tries to experiment and do different things between releases
>>
>but they're not even talented musicians
have you guys heard any popular hip hop recently?
>>
>>73600169
>Kevin at least tries to experiment
what experimental things does kevin do? their music has been on a b-line towards soulless neutered pop since innerspeaker
>>
>>73600223
a zero talent group of individuals being compared with other non-talented individuals does NOT make the group talented by comparison

kek
>>
>>73600277
>zero talent
at least they can play instruments and compose music
>>
>>73600309
they can play and compose

with....6/10 results lmao
>>
>>73599294
Galf the record is literally the same fucking thing over and over, the rest is the same fucking thing (but from a different album) over and over

>>73599507
They've always been blatant Oh Sees worship but their early shit was really good at it and brought their own take on it. Now they're just coverinf their own music while throwing in stolen ideas here and there.

Every guitar solo on this new record has the styke of wild bending that John Dwyer has basically made his signature, for fuck's sake. There's a bass riff taken from a song on Carrion Crawler. All over the record they use the same delay-drenched feedback that was on the opening track of A Weird Exits.

It's pitiful.
>>
I wonder how Fantano feels about Eyes Like the Sky considering he hated the spoken word in Murder of the Universe.
>>
>>73600367
>with....6/10 results lmao
>interpreting the melon's opinion as objective fact
i can't tell if this is b8 or not but you are quite a silly person either way
>>
>>73600420
I'm just saying your band doesn't get brownie points for being more musically talented than brain-dead rappers

that's embarrassing if that's what you rely on to convince others of a band's quality that you consider yourself a fan of just saying
>>
>>73599765
How can you like King Gizz and not have heard Thee Oh Sees lmao
>>
>>73600460
>that's embarrassing if that's what you rely on to convince others of a band's quality
it was just an observation. don't know why it triggered you so much. also i wasn't relying on that post to convince anyone of anything. i shared my actual thoughts about it here>>73600108
>>
I need to sell my copy of Wiloughby's Beach before their frat bro fans move on
>>
>>73600560
same
>>
>>73600525
trying to change that but I need an album rec
>>
>>73600626
Carrion Crawler/The Dream
Castlemania
Floating Coffin
A Weird Exits
Help
Warm Slime
the rest as you see fit
>>
>>73600626
check out floating coffin
>>
>>73600688
>>73600691
thank you
>>
>>73598779
yeah they suck ass
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.