[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: The Police Could Never Last.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Police Could Never Last.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
Opinions on them?
>>
fuck em
>>
>>73595291

they were really good. it's too bad that sting was such a pretentious ass hole
>>
Everything up to the second album is GOAT!

Don't bother with anything after the third album.
>>
>>73595353

Regatta was their best album.
>>
>>73595322
The whole thing that makes The Police far better than anything in Sting's solo career is the fact that Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland managed to stop him from being a massive twat by kind of being his counterweight.

If you're into New Wave you pretty much have to listen to at least Outlandos d'Amour and Zenyatta Mondatta, it's basic material for that, kinda like Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! and Parallel Lines.
>>
>>73595436

>Outlandos d'Amour and Zenyatta Mondatta

I own them both and they're great. They were one of the best three piece acts of their day. I remember some of the old mtv footage/interviews, Copeland and Sting were always at each other's throats.
>>
They're very fucking good.

It's always fun watching them click for people. People tend to look down their nose at them for some reason until they actually familiarize themselves with their work. I grew up with Outlandos d'Amour and Ghost in the Machine, though, so they've always been three cool-as-fuck-handsome-british-top-tier-musicians-making-tropical-sounding-syncopated-new-wave to me.

I don't see how that could possibly be dorky, but plenty of people seem to think they're dorky before they really look into it.
>>
Actually one of the GOATs. They're weirdly uderrated in a way because they get passed off as just another 80s Pop Rock band by a lot of people, but they've got some great songs, and Copeland and Summers in particular were great at arranging.
>>73595301
Ice Cube?
>>
>>73595538
>I remember some of the old mtv footage/interviews, Copeland and Sting were always at each other's throats.

IIRC, they were almost as famous for beating the shit out of each other on and offstage as they were for being good at their instruments.
>>
>>73595538
They're honestly up there in three-piece acts of all time, really.

>>73595559
They sound kinda dorky, especially if you're not that aware of what they're doing. This applies even more so when you consider things like Roxanne and Message in a Bottle.
>>
>>73595434
That's the second album!
Side one is GOAT. I can even tolerate Bring On The Night when I'm in the proper mood. Side two is also good especially On Any Other Day.
>>
File: zenyatta mondatta.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta mondatta.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>73595291
Last week there was a thread and someone said they were underrated. I say they're not underrated but their albums are. Zenyatta Mondatta, Reggatta de Blanc, and Synchronicity are all very consistently well written and arranged and Ghost in the Machine and the debut aren't much worse. I say one of them should be in the RYM top 50. If Remain in Light can make it, Zenyatta Mondatta should too, btw they came out the same week.
>>73595667
Bring on the Night is one of their true gems, though. Andy's South American riff is hauntingly beautiful. There was a video of him perfoming it acoustic.
>>
>>73595848

>Remain in Light can make it, Zenyatta Mondatta should too, btw they came out the same week

late 70's / early 80's was a great time for music
>>
goat new wave band. one of my favourites
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXOqWfSfAus

on the streets the police in my house the police gotta run the police they gotta gun the police a shitty band the police i ain't no fan the police
>>
>>73595291
One of my favorite bands. Easily top 20 (not that I have a well thought out list).

Outlandous = Zenyatta > Reggatta > Ghost > Synchronicity
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.