[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 13

File: Untitled-2.png (272KB, 1170x322px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
272KB, 1170x322px
How?
>>
>>73594170
Noel wrote the songs
>>
Brothers in Harms
>>
>>73594170
>songwriting royalties, what's that?
>>
Yeah, that's bullshit.
He's worth at least 60 million.

He has property all over the country, and even after his divorces, he's still rich as fuck.

Those "net worth" websites are bullshit, literally just random numbers.
>>
>>73594197
he co-wrote some of their biggest hits
Don't Look Back In Anger, for example, was co-written by Liam
>>
>>73594251
No it wasn't
Noel wrote everything up until Standing On The Shoulder of Giants
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-26 15.54.53.png (160KB, 279x587px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-26 15.54.53.png
160KB, 279x587px
>>73594251
Wrong.
>>
Could you imagine going up on stage in front of thousands of people and singing someone elses song when they arent present, giving them absolutely no credit at all an d leaving everybody think you wrote it?

Must be sad to be a fucking spic
>>
>>73594283
No, he didn't. Look it up, you stupid fuck. Liam wrote the chorus. He even tweeted it not long ago.
>>73594299
>wikipedia as source
Lmao, both Liam and Noel have said it, you stupid fuck
>>
>>73594342
Can you imagine going up on stage in front of thousands of people and singing the songs that your brother wrote that got you famous in the first place, then coming off and slagging him off as a talentless twat on Twitter?
>>
>>73594251

In real terms, yes.

Liam wrote the line "So sally can wait" from Don't Look Back in Anger.

He also came up with the chorus for Columbia when Noel couldn't think of anything.

BUT Noel was the sole credited songwriter (except Gary Glitter, Stevie Wonder and The New Seekers) on all Oasis songs until Little James, meaning he kept the lions share of the royalties.
>>
>>73594299
>>73594283
>>73594377
https://twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/748926195660619776?lang=en
>>
>>73594372
he really is fucking pathetic
>>73594357
>Liam wrote the chorus

Sounds like his brother is just trying to stop his brother from being humiliated
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-26 16.00.55.png (24KB, 673x439px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-26 16.00.55.png
24KB, 673x439px
>>73594357
>No, he didn't. Look it up, you stupid fuck.
[citation needed]
>>wikipedia as source
OK how about this?
>>
>>73594391

Oh yeah, I forgot AmeriKKKunts don't understand glorious British humour.
>>
>>73594399
Or how about you read interviews where Noel has literally said it, and Liam. See>>73594391, whether he is on paper as writing credit, doesn't mean shit, you illiterate fucking idiot.

People give songwriting royalties over as a business move or for tax reasons, etc, it just shows how little you know of anything. Now shut the fuck up and go be wrong somewhere else.

>>73594392
Doesn't matter. I don't even think Oasis would have made it big without Liam and his antics. He was the energy behind the band. The only reason they got in the tabloids was because of him, and that is where they got most of their notoriety. Liam was and probably still is, the identity of the band. And he wasn't a bad singer in his prime either.
>>
>>73594472
[citation needed]
>>73594472
>See >>73594391
See >>73594399
He's wrong.
>whether he is on paper as writing credit, doesn't mean shit,
It literally does mean he won't make a cent on songwriting royalties. You are dumb.
>it just shows how little you know of anything
How many songs have you published?
>>
>>73594472
Even if he did write it though, even if he wrote Oasis's entire repetoire, why would he earn royalties off it if he wasn't credited for it? You can say it's a business move, but Noel would have no obligation to give the money to him and being as they fucking hate each other I doubt that he would do, on top of which if this were the case that "net worth" website wouldn't know it and wouldn't be able to factor that information into their estimates.
>>
>>73594472
is this post a joke?
>Liam is the reason they became sellouts
Cool post
>>
>>73594170
>someone like Liam Gallagher is only worth 7.5million
how the fuck am I supposed to make a million and get a comfy retirement?
>>
>>73594514
Liam got JUSTed a lot of times by getting married, having kids with his wife, getting some other bird pregnant then having to pay for a divorce and child support for all of the kids on multiple occasions.
>>
>>73594170
Liam is the retarded one
>>
>>73594492
Go be wrong somewhere else, dumb cunt.

>>73594501
Noel wrote the large majority of the songs, so the band probably decided to just make it easier and give all writing credits to him/whatever.
It's not uncommon for writing credits to be swapped around, etc.
Instead of Liam getting the writing credit, he may have just got cash or something from Noel, etc. Or nothing. Maybe when they were getting on better, and back in the early days, I doubt they cared too much for royalties and the fine print since they were all making fuck loads of cash anyway.

Just because he doesn't get songwriting royalties form a particular song, doesn't mean he didn't help write it.

I think, you know technically and all, If I'm present in the same room as you while you are writing lyrics or composing a song, and I'm playing guitar or even just mumbling, I could sue you for credits. Look it up. The rules about songwriting etc are weird as fuck.
>>
>>73594513
They didn't really become sellouts, you moron. Their songs were pop hits from the start.
>>73594514
He's worth at least 50 million, the site is bullshit
>>
>>73594640
you seem to be spouting a lot of
>everybody else is wrong but me
>>
>>73594620
Where's your source that he wrote something, other than a drunk tweet?
>Just because he doesn't get songwriting royalties form a particular song, doesn't mean he didn't help write it.
Coming up with the words "so Sally can wait" =/= writing. maybe you think Ringo Starr wrote A Hard Day's Night, Tomorrow Never Knows and Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

Again, i don't think you've ever written or published a song in your life.
>If I'm present in the same room as you while you are writing lyrics or composing a song, and I'm playing guitar or even just mumbling, I could sue you for credits. Look it up.
Prove it.
>>
>>73594620
Songwriting rules are just weird in general. Mike Love's got co-writing credits on a bunch of songs because he sued Brian because he came up with the bare-bones of one or two lyrical lines in it, but then there are other times where people write the lions-share of licks and flourishes in a song but get nothing because it's technically part of the arrangement and therefore they aren't considered writers. Shit's fucked desu.
>>
>>73594657
That's because I know for certain that I'm right, in this particular case

>>73594681
Noel Gallagher has admitted as much in interviews in the past.

>Coming up with the words "so Sally can wait" =/= writing.
Yes, it does, you moronic cunt. You don't understand how the industry works, I know, because you're just some stupid fuck on the net... but that IS literally how the industry works.
I could contribute one fucking word and sue you for writing credits, and I would probably win.
Now fuck off being retarded and go read up about shit before opening your mouth
>>
>>73594740
>I know, because you're just some stupid fuck on the net....
Talking about yourself again?
>>
>>73594769
>No u
Worthless response, just admit you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and then fuck off already
>>
>>73594740
>Noel Gallagher has admitted as much in interviews in the past.
[citation needed]
>>73594740
>Yes, it does
It doesn't. Because if it was, Liam would be listed here: >>73594399
As you can see, he isn't.
>but that IS literally how the industry works.
You mean "change a word, get a third"? That doesn't apply to all music. That's only really applicable to mainstream pop. >>73594740
>go read up about shit
Like what? Provide a source for your claims.
>>
>>73594790
I don't think you understand who's responding.
Take the one you just added on your wall of internet victories off.
>>
>>73594794
>It doesn't. Because if it was, Liam would be listed here
I already explained a potential reason he wasn't listed. You are beyond stupid and don't understand how the music industry works because you're not a musician, you're just some dick with an internet connection and google. See>>73594620

You don't understand shit about the music industry, because you're a pleb who is skimming through Wikipedia articles as I type this. Wikipedia doesn't have the answers, retard. Half of the time it's not right at all.

You can't learn everything from the internet.

>That doesn't apply to all music. That's only really applicable to mainstream pop.
No, it isn't, it's applicable to all music. Look it up, and then fuck off. Furthermore, Oasis ARE pop music.

>Like what? Provide a source for your claims.
Find out for yourself. I literally don't give a fuck enough to waste my time looking for sources when they are easy enough to find anyway. I want you to remain ignorant, if I'm being honest. I'll let you continue being incorrect, I really don't mind
>>
>>73594883
I don't care for point scoring
I just know for certain that you're a dumb cunt with 0 understanding beyond skimmed Wikipedia articles and google searches
>>
>>73594884
>I already explained a potential reason he wasn't listed
Except if Liam wrote this song, wouldn't it be advantageous for him to be credited officially as a songwriter to receive 20 years of royalties? Do you think he really doesn't care bout millions of dollars?
>See>>73594620
>it's just easier to credit one person
It's not, really. The same process is followed. You wouldn't know because you've never copyrighted a song before
>because you're a pleb who is skimming through Wikipedia articles
Which wikipedia is this from >>73594399
I don't think you even know what that is
>Oasis ARE pop music.
No, they are a rock/alt-rock/brit-pop band
>Find out for yourself
>I don't have any proof so I'll just keep treading water
You are not looking so good anon
>I literally don't give a fuck enough to waste my time
Yet you'll keep replying to me with more butthurt
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13292978
>>
>>73594997
the other anon is right
>>
>>73594170
Capitalism... and people wonder why some of us are so angry about the current system.
>>
>>73595080
Not really. See >>73594399
>>
Noel: 5'8"
Liam: 5'10"
>>
>>73595121
no you are, that image doesn't prove anything
>>
>>73595193
It states who legally wrote the song, which proves it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (57KB, 634x226px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
57KB, 634x226px
>>73595167
>>
>>73595320
states who applied for copyright and who was listed. it doesn't state who wrote the song or contributed to writing the song
>>
>>73595456

5'9" Mark E Smith
>>
>>73595510
>states who applied for copyright
Their manager/label interns applied for the copyright. Do you see them listed?
>>73595510
>it doesn't state who wrote the song
Do you see where it says SONGWRITER/COMPOSER? It's the name below it.
>or contributed to writing the song
If someone made a consideration contribution, they'd be listed. I don't see Liam there
>>
File: Image.png (57KB, 629x226px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
57KB, 629x226px
>>73595167
>>73595456
Reminder that Pulp are best Britpop
>>
>>73595510
>applied for copyright

You don't apply for copyright numbnuts, you're thinking of trademarking.

>it doesn't state who wrote the song or contributed to writing the song
It states who owns the copyright to the songwriting. Unless that is overturned in a court of law it is legally valid and that's the only thing that makes a difference.
>>
>>73595592
it states who applied for the copyright and was listed on the application for that. it doesn't prove who wrote the song.
like >>73594884 said royalties are changed around and dont always go to the actual songwriter
>>
>>73595693
>royalties are changed around and dont always go to the actual songwriter
Looks like the burden of proof is on you then to prove this is what happened here.

Good luck with that
>>
>>73595643
>You don't apply for copyright numbnuts
Imagine being this stupid...

https://www.bmi.com/
https://www.bl.uk/business-and-ip-centre/articles/how-to-copyright-a-song
http://www.wikihow.com/Copyright-a-Song

>It states who owns the copyright
Yeah, exactly. It doesn't state who wrote the actual lyrics, but who is owns copyright to them.

Also, for Don't Look Back In Anger, here is both Liam and Noel saying Liam co-wrote the song.

>Liam:
>>73594391

>Noel Gallagher (from Uncut magazine August 2007):
"We were in Paris playing with the Verve, and I had the chords for that song and started writing it. We were due to play 2 days later. Our first-ever big arena gig, it's called Sheffield Arena now. At the sound check, I was strumming away on the acoustic guitar, and our kid (Liam Gallagher) said, 'What's that you're singin'?' I wasn't singing anyway, I was just making it up. And our kid said, 'Are you singing 'So Sally can wait'.' And I was like – that's genius! So I started singing, 'So Sally can wait.' I remember going back to the dressing room and writing it out
>>
>>73595736
see>>73595788
>>
>>73595814
Sorry, I'm not seeing where it says Liam wrote the song, not that it was "changed around" or got any additional replacement compensation whatsoever.

Try again
>>
I like the part where the guy pulled up an image of who is listed as the accredited writer. Even googling that song + royalties pulls up a host of Noel donation links.

Queue a couple of vehement deniers without a link, or even a picture of a site. The minutiae of how songwriting credits are decided is complicated, that's for sure, but in this instance it looks like NOEL has the credits and the extra millions that go with it.

Bring some info or shut up.
>>
>>73595788
>I remember going back to the dressing room and writing it out
So Noel wrote it.
>>
>>73595856
Then you are too stupid to be arguing with. Just accept that you're wrong and sh now.

Noel has openly admitted Liam co-wrote the song, I've just gave you a source of him saying it directly.
There are also others of him saying the same in different interviews.
There is also Liam saying exactly the same thing separately.

What more do you want, you stupid cunt?

>>73595879
You don't understand how songwriting works, dumb cunt. Liam's contribution is a fundamental part of the song (the fucking chorus) and therefore if he decided to sue for writing credits, he'd likely win. He just hasn't/doesn't want/need to.
Noel is LISTED as songwriter for majority (if not all), probably to make life easier for the band/label, since he did write most of the songs... but he didn't write all of them single handedly, he just gets credit on paper for doing that.

The two sources I've posted prove this, since both Liam and Noel openly admit that Liam wrote the chorus to Don't Look Back In Anger, but he isn't listed as a songwriter on paper
>>
>>73595867
Nice samefag retard,

but I've posted two sources of both Noel and Liam openly admitting that Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger. Whether he is listed on the copyright form for the song is fucking irrelevant, you dunce
>>
>>73595867
Noel Gallagher (from Uncut magazine August 2007):
"We were in Paris playing with the Verve, and I had the chords for that song and started writing it. We were due to play 2 days later. Our first-ever big arena gig, it's called Sheffield Arena now. At the sound check, I was strumming away on the acoustic guitar, and our kid (Liam Gallagher) said, 'What's that you're singin'?' I wasn't singing anyway, I was just making it up. And our kid said, 'Are you singing 'So Sally can wait'.' And I was like – that's genius! So I started singing, 'So Sally can wait.' I remember going back to the dressing room and writing it out

Liam Gallagher:
>>
>>73595967
I don't understand how you're missing the part where royalties are awarded to the guy listed in the copywrite?
>>
>>73595941
>Noel has openly admitted Liam co-wrote the song
Already covered that. See >>73594681
>I've just gave you a source of him saying it directly.
No, you gave a quote saying he said "Sally can wait". That's not writing the song itself.
>You don't understand how songwriting works
I've written and published over 100 songs. How about you?
>Liam's contribution is a fundamental part of the song
If that was true, he would be listed as a songwriter. But he isnt.
>He just hasn't/doesn't want/need to.
kek suuuure
>probably to make life easier for the band/label
How would it be easier? Please give specific examples of the process of copyrighting songs. prove you know what you are talking about
>The two sources I've posted prove this
The two sources I posted prove you wrong.
>>
Pls tell me the quacks saying wikipedia is unreliable are turning around with twitter links from a known narcissist.

plzzzz
>>
>>73596062
the other guy is right I don't even know what's left to argue Liam isn't credited with writing the song
>>
>>73596026
The argument isn't about royalties, but whether Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger, which he did, he just isn't listed as doing so.

>>73596040
You haven't covered shit, you retard.

>No, you gave a quote saying he said "Sally can wait". That's not writing the song itself.
t. "I don't know how songwriting works at all", Noel admitted several times now that Liam literally gave Noel the chorus. What more do you want? You simply refuse to accept that you're wrong despite you obviously knowing you are now. You're just a fucking faggot, obviously.

>I've written and published over 100 songs. How about you?
Sure you have mate. Was that in between wanking to cartoons and itching your neckbeard?

>kek
See above. Get a life you sad fuck

>>73596062
>>73596122
Samefags, lmao

Also, both Liam and Noel have said this multiple times in multiple different interviews.

Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger, he just isn't listed on the copyright form/songwriting credits. This isn't uncommon in bands, since copyright law/songwriting laws are complicated
>>
>>73596040
>>73596062
>>73596122
>This obvious samefagging
>>
Guy, the op wanted to know why one is richer than the other. That is what this whole post is about.

BTW Noel is credited, Liam can fuck off all day, if he can afford too anyways.

Keep trying to move that goalpost, or better yet, call me a samefag or some other lame "insult" that gets bandied about on this site. Ya still wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0088.png (180KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0088.png
180KB, 750x1334px
>>73596230
>>73596214
lmao retarded

Wrong
>>
>>73596267
Lol fucking obvious samefag
>>73596287
Means nothing, it's not proof
>>
>>73596230
>I've lost the argument
>better result to calling samefag
>still wrong

lmao
>>
>>73596306
>lost the argument

Liam Gallagher:

I don't think sooooooo
>>
Liam has a natural JUST hair.
>>
>>73596295
the same guy that refuses to provide proof Liam is credited for the song but wont accept proof of anything else

Gets that noggin a joggin
>>
>>73596295
Lol this guy. Shamefully lame.
>>
>>73596332
No one is claiming Liam is credited for the song, you stupid fuck

He did co-write the song though
>>
>>73596341
samefag
>>
>>73596343
hmmm but there's no proof he did the interview says Liam wrote the song

Hmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>73596362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbc2MQdKBA
>>
>>73596343

Man, if only there was a way to verify what got this whole thing started? Some magical way to scroll to the top of the fucking page and read what the question was all about.

Keep pushing that goalpost around tho it's cute.
>>
>>73596381
so he told Noel to write down four words but didn't actually write anything down OR get credited?

idk anon sounds like he didn't write it
>>
>>73596384
That was OP, but that isn't necessarily what this discussion evolved into, you fucking idiot

Liam isn't listed on the songwriting credits for the majority of the songs, but he wrote a couple of them anyway, just not credited.

>>73596411
You don't understand how songwriting credits work, you dumb fuck
It doesn't matter he contributed one single fucking word, he still contributed to writing the song.

So sally can wait is literally the chorus of the song, so if he decided to sue or claim for songwriting credits, he would likely win.
>>
>>73596434
other anon is right you're all about moving the goalposts he contributed four words he didn't WRITE the song Noel he even says it in the interview

dummy
>>
>>73596214
>The argument isn't about royalties
It actually is. Follow the reply chain. See >>73594197
>Noel admitted several times now that Liam literally gave Noel the chorus
=/= songwriting, in this case
>What more do you want?
For you to admit a twitter is not relevant
>You're just a fucking faggot, obviously.
>Get a life you sad fuck
Not an argument
>he just isn't listed on the copyright form/songwriting credits.
Which is why he doesn't receive royalties
>copyright law/songwriting laws are complicated
That's because you don't understand it.
>>
>>73596482
Yes, we know... he co-wrote the song.
It doesn't matter of he contributed one fucking word, he still co-wrote the song.

Also, stop saying "other anon", when you're obviously samefagging, alright? Fuck off
>>
>>73596434
Lol you would think tens of millions of dollars might incentivize someone to take legal action to get credit for their accomplishments. I mean, you'd have to be a complete bellend to let that slip.

Or maybe there just isn't a case to be had.
>>
>>73596501
>>73596501
Good so you admit Noel wrote the song meaning you've lost the argument. Thank you

I can prove you wrong all day about samefagging like i did about ten posts ago
>>
>>73596501
>when you're obviously samefagging, alright?
Note that me and the other guy are posting within under one minute of eachother
>>
>>73596492
>For you to admit a Twitter is not relevant
A tweet from the very man in question of 2 artists isn't relevant? Are you fucking stupid? Twitter is no less relevant in this case, than if a news channel broadcasted it.
Rest of your post has been addressed already, you keep repeating stuff silly!

I've provided more than enough proof that clearly shows Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger. Two interviews from Noel where he openly states this, and one tweet from Liam which also states this. You can say "no" all you want faggot, but it doesn't make you right
>>
>>73596555
>A tweet from the very man in question of 2 artists isn't relevant?
Correct. Because it doesn't support that notion that he is a co-author. it supports the notion he inspired the chorus, but didn't write it.
Also
>you can't use wikipeida as a source
>but i can use twitter
kek
>Rest of your post has been addressed already, you keep repeating stuff silly!
>I've provided more than enough proof that clearly shows Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger. Two interviews from Noel where he openly states this, and one tweet from Liam which also states this. You can say "no" all you want faggot, but it doesn't make you right
Show me official documentation that he is a coauthor.
>>
>>73596555
Ack, I suppose you're not the same guy who blew off wikipedia. In that case, sure, twitter is fine.

As long as you're not trying to collect royalties, anyways.
>>
>>73596555
but at the end of the day Noel was the only one credited and both admit that Noel went by himself to write the song singlehanded. So apparently Liam didn't write the song at all
>>
>>73596513
>Implying you know Oasis' royalty arrangement
Just because he's listed doesn't mean Liam doesn't get X percent more of merch sales, etc.
It could literally mean anything.
Noel probably does get most of songwriting royalties, but it doesn't necessarily mean Liam is poorer because of this, and it doesn't mean that Liam didn't co-write a few of the songs.

>>73596525
Noel and Liam wrote the song, Noel is credited on the copyright
I've been saying this from the beginning, you stupid cunt.
Stop trying to move the goalposts

BUT DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT:
>>73596322
>>73596322
>>73596322
>>73596322

And fuck off now, you're boring me
>>
>>73596555
>doesn't accept Wikipedia, official documents or even his own proof when used against him
>accepts tweets

put my cognition in ignition
>>
>>73596621
"But legal documentation stating without ambiguity who has been credited for crafting this particular work could mean anything!"

Jesus, guy, stop doing this to yourself.
>>
>>73596621
Interviews have Noel stating he went to write the song by himself and is the only one credited for writing the song

No ones moving goalposts you're wrong bud
>>
>>73596621
>Just because he's listed doesn't mean Liam doesn't get X percent more of merch sales, etc.
If this is your argument, you need to show documentation of it. Otherwise we will default to official documentation that he didn't write it
>BUT DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT:
See >>73595879
>>
>>73596606
Didn't read
See>>73596621
Liam co-wrote the chorus, it doesn't matter if he only came up with one fucking word and gave it to Noel, he still would have co-wrote the song under the eyes of the law.

>>73596646
>>73596611
>>73596609
>>73596606
Samefag/and or definite faggots who can't read.

Also, Liam co-wrote the chorus, it doesn't matter if he only came up with one fucking word and gave it to Noel, he still would have co-wrote the song under the eyes of the law.

Also, yes, Wikipedia (often wrong) in this case isn't as relevant as the two artists literally claiming, from their own mouths otherwise, is it?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-26 18.12.39.png (16KB, 377x347px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-26 18.12.39.png
16KB, 377x347px
>>73596680
>See>>73596621
See >>73596679
>Liam co-wrote the chorus
inspiration =/= co-writing

>Samefag
Pic related.
Out of arguments I see.
>>
>>73596680
>didn't read lol
>samefag lol

he still continues to be wrong...hmmmm

>Liam co-wrote the song

But they both admit Noel went off to write the song by himself both in magazine interview and on youtube...hmmmm
>>
>>73596680
>Wikipedia (often wrong)
Except wikipedia has citations. Twitter is just pure opinion.
>>
>>73595611
jarvis cocker also aged coolest
>>
>>73596662
>>73596676
>>73596679

Liam Gallagher:

Both:

Liam co-wrote the chorus, it doesn't matter if he only came up with one fucking word and gave it to Noel, he still would have co-wrote the song under the eyes of the law, (if he wanted to go down that route). Just because he isn't listed on the copyright, doesn't mean he didn't write or co-write the song. "So Sally can wait", is literally the chorus to the song, and artists have lost legal battles over songwriting royalties over less.

>>73596712
Means nothing, easily faked and often times is. People are very fickle on 4chan, remember. They can't take losing an argument

>>73596746
Are you fucking stupid? You're trying to tell me you value some outdated/incorrect citation over the actual direct words from the artist in question?
Instead of believing from the source, you choose to believe a Wikipedia article which cites it's sources as some random article written by some far removed person, often for clicks? Lol, nice logic genius
>>
>>73596787
Your argument is basically that Liam said some shit in interviews and Noel got fucking paid.

I dunno how you're missing the obvious here? I'd suggest letting the money talk, in which case, check out OPs post.
>>
>>73596787
So, as you can see, noel wrote it.
>Liam co-wrote the chorus
inspiration =/= cowrite
>>73596787
>I don't understand it so it means nothing
Stop
>easily faked and often times is
Except several of those posts where made within one minute of eachother, so it couldn't be the same anon.

Try harder

>You're trying to tell me you value some outdated/incorrect citation over the actual direct words from the artist in question?
Are you telling me you don't know what BMI is? Because you seem to think my cap from the BMI database entry for Don't Look back in Anger is from Wikipedia. Why is that?
>>
>>73596787
how wrong can someone be
>>
>>73594170
These sites are bullshit
>>
>>73596787
That's the most British story of all ages.
>>
>>73596904
This is true, and would prove to be a more substantial argument than deciding that some narcissist on twitter is where the buck stops.
>>
>>73596787
It's time to stop bud
>>
>107 replies
>19 posters
>>
>>73596858
Those sites are bullshit for a start, and Liam has his own successful clothing company as well. He might even be better of than Noel. Well, if it wasn't for divorces, etc.

Also, no one is saying that Noel didn't get paid. He did.
The argument is whether Liam co-wrote the song, which he did, and both Liam and Noel admit this. Other anon refuses to acknowledge this and instead is insisting that Wikipedia knows more than both of them directly saying it.
>>
>>73596955
>The argument is whether Liam co-wrote the song, which he did
He didn't, and the actual copyright listing proves he didn't.
>>
>>73596872
>>73596881
>>73596934
You don't understand how songwriting works. Look it up. Look up the famous legal battles of the past. You're just ignorant morons pretending you have a clue.

It doesn't matter if he wrote a single word, he could still be listed as a songwriter if he so wanted.
Even if he so much as played one chord on the guitar to contribute, he would be a co-composer of the song too.
Read more before spouting off about shit you know nothing of.
You're simply wrong.

"So Sally can wait", is the chorus to Don't Look Back In Anger, it is a fundamental part of the song.
It makes Liam a co-writer, whether or not he gets paid for it is irrelevant.
>>
>>73597008
>He didn't, and the copyright listing proves it
Once again, doesn't mean shit. That is who owns the copyright, not who wrote or co-wrote the song. There are likely millions of examples of songs being written by numerous parties but only list one name on the copyright listing.

But don't just take my word for it! Here is both Liam and Noel discussing how Liam co-wrote the song.

Liam Gallagher:

Both:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbc2MQdKBA [Embed]
>>
>>73597015
I feel really bad for you if you ever have to go to court. Do you not understand the importance of legal documentation? Do you not think, given that it's soooo easy to get writing credits, that perhaps one might decide to get credit for their work in a legal and financial sense instead of just bandying shit about on social media?

Are you thinking at all, guy?
>>
>>73597015
>You don't understand how songwriting works
Then explain it.
>Look it up.
Where?
>It doesn't matter if he wrote a single word, he could still be listed as a songwriter if he so wanted.
He's not listed as a songwriter
>Even if he so much as played one chord on the guitar to contribute, he would be a co-composer of the song too.
Not really. instrumentation/arrangement =/= songwriting/composition

>"So Sally can wait", is the chorus
Incorrect, it's only the first four words of 27 words of the chorus. It's half of the first line of several
>>73597054
>Once again, doesn't mean shit.
Legally, it does. Please research what you are discussing before embarrassing yourself

>But don't just take my word for it!
As you can see, Noel admits he wrote the song.
>>
>>73596953
The worst part is it's pretty much been 1 guy getting BTFO
>>
>>73597085
What does this have to do with whether or not Liam co-wrote the song Don't Look Back In Anger?

Many artists have co-wrote songs together but only listed one as the songwriter. You're just some fucking idiot who is ignorant to the complexions of copyright law, songwriting royalties, etc.

>>73597097
>Then explain it
I linked you BMI, "How To Copyright a song", and the official website of IP for the UK. How about you fuck off and read them, you stupid cunt?

>instrumentation/arrangement =/= songwriting/composition
Look it up, again, you ignorant moron.
If a guitarist plays one chord, he is a co-composer of the song. If an artist contributes one word, he is a co-writer of the song. End of fucking discussion. It doesn't matter whether or not he's listed on the copyright listing.

>Legally, it does
Yes, if Liam was to sue, he would probably win.

>As you can see, Noel admits he wrote the song.
And that Liam co-wrote it with him, yes
>>
>>73597147
Yeah this guy >>73597097
>>
>>73597176
definitely not lmao
>>
>>73597176
nope its this dummy >>73597015
>>
>>73597209
>>73597197
Prove me wrong faggots.
Liam co-wrote 'Don't Look Back In Anger'.

Here is proof of this assertion:
Liam Gallagher:
Both:

Prove me wrong
>>
>>73597156
No one gives a fuck about the creative process that was involved in crafting this particular track other than you. Literally everyone else here was giving reason as to why Liam has far less money than Noel, as per OPs pic, which I can admit is dubiously sourced.

You see tho, this is what i was talking about goal post moving. You've decided a particular facet of this entire dialogue is the primary issue. Everyone else is very aware that this is about Noel allegedly having more money than Liam, and is dicussing why that must be.

You have decided that the creative process involved in writing one particular song is paramount.

You're a fucking oblivious bellend.
>>
>>73597241
see>>73597266

lmao
>>
>>73597266
>reason as to why Liam has far less money than Noel, as per OPs pic, which I can admit is dubiously sourced.
It's bullshit. Liam owns a successful clothing company. Those sites just make up numbers.

>You see tho, this is what i was talking about goal post moving. You've decided a particular facet of this entire dialogue is the primary issue. Everyone else is very aware that this is about Noel allegedly having more money than Liam, and is dicussing why that must be.
No, re read this entire thread and stop talking shit. The topic of dicsussion started as songwriting royalties and moved on to whether or not Liam co-wrote don't look back in anger, (which he did)...
>>
>>73597266
>No one gives a fuck about the creative process that was involved in crafting this particular track other than you
Wrong.
See:
>>73597097
>>73597085
>>73597008
>>73596858
>>73596712
>>73596662
>>73596646
>>73596676
>>73596611
>>73596609
>>73596513
>>73596492
>>73596482
And there is more.
>>
>>73597359
No, it never moved onto this particular track beyond stating that Noel has sole legal credit and would therefor be payed the royalties, which is logically linked to the conversation about their difference finances.

Someone, probably you, claimed Liam helped. As it pertains to this conversation, everyone else has told you that it does not matter if he helped if he failed to gain legal documentation. Given as this is a thread about finances, legal documentation is important in getting paid, which is, clearly, the point on which all of this discussion started.

You can claim Liam co-wrote, and fuck-all I don't care, he didn't get it in writing and verified legally. We have all been trying to get you to understand that this is the point here. You just wont get it.
>>
File: 200.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>73597147
>two people write a song
>who will be credited for writing the song
>oh, well you wrote it basically. doesn't matter to me
What's so hard to understand about this?
>>
>121 replies
>2 posters
>both members of Oasis
>>
>>73597443
No, I already stated at the very start of the thread that him being listed does not matter. That wasn't the discussion at all, the other anon was claiming he didn't co-write the song because he isn't listed, which I was saying is irrelevant. The issue of finances was completely separate, read through my posts, I never once claimed Liam got paid for Don't Look Back In Anger from royalties.

You're strawmanning, and you can fuck off too faggot
>>
>>73597563
Exactly, that's why Liam isn't listed, because he probably doesn't give a fuck about songwriting credits.

He did co-write the song though
>>
>>73597631
Kid you need to understand that *you* went off on a tangent. The only reason writing credits were brought up was to explain why Noel has more money than Liam. This is literally what this thread is about.

Fact is, if your ass was on Jeopardy and that asked who wrote some shitty Oasis song you'd potentially have less money than Liam Gallagher.

ILU tho don't be so hateful.
>>
>>73597655
didn't get credited

so that's why you're wrong
>>
>>73597156
>I linked you BMI
Sorry, link isn't working for me. Please state it in your own words
>Look it up, again, you ignorant moron.
It's your argument, you need to look it up and prove it
>If a guitarist plays one chord, he is a co-composer of the song.
Which chord did Liam play again?
>If an artist contributes one word, he is a co-writer of the song
Not always. I already stated cases where this does not happen, which proves your logic does not work
>Yes, if Liam was to sue, he would probably win.
Maybe. But until he does, I am right and you are wrong. Cry more about it though
>And that Liam co-wrote it with him, yes
Oh where does it say "Liam went off and wrote the complete lyric, melody and chord sequence with me"?
>>73597563
>>two people write a song
You mean one person inspired another write a song by himself.

Nice try though
>>73597655
>because he probably doesn't give a fuck about songwriting credits.
By that logic, then he would have no credits at all, which is false. See: Little James. Liam only had a melody and lyric and Noel literally created the entire track when he was on vacation around his melody and lyric. Note Noel got no credit on the song.
>>
>131 / 7 / 21 / 1

You guys are fucking sad.
>>
>>73597787
(you)
>>
>>73597787
What, did you come to 4chan for valid discussions or are you here to be a vindictive prick anonymously?
>>
>>73597787
>why aren't you guys posting images and saying one sentence posts!!! its too hard to follow!

either a kpopfag or a redditor
>>
>Manc chavs think Liam is a better musician/singer than Damon

Liam isn't even the best Gallagher in Oasis
>>
>>73597725
Are you fucking insane?
>why is Noel richer than Liam
>oh, he wrote Oasis' songs
>to be fair, Liam did help
You never hear a conversation go this way before? The fact he is right, it shouldn't matter if it's right for its own sake, and it certainly as hell does matter if you do not care. You've probably made the most random rule in conversational etiquette I've ever encountered. No where will you go you will find someone say, "kid you need to take responsibility for going on a tangent" except maybe Fox news.
>>
>>73597814
>>73597826
>>73597848
Don't make it my fault you're spending the best years of your life typing paragraphs into the void.
Maybe I too on my deathbed will wish I argued about Oasis some more while I was sprightly and young.
>>
>>73597725
Show me solid proof that Liam has less money. Noel may have most songwriting credits, but Liam has his own clothing company, as I said, and it does pretty well.
>>73597753
Doesn't mean shit, both admitted he co-wrote

>>73597781
>Not always. I already stated cases where this does not happen, which proves your logic does not work
What cases? You're straight up lying
It doesn't matter if they contribute a single word of phrase, he/they (in the example) still co-wrote the song. They could sue and win, if necessary. (and they have, historically)
Didn't read the rest because you're repeating stuff I've already btfo
>You mean one person inspired another write a song by himself.
Doesn't matter, Liam came up with the chorus, doesn't matter who actually had the pen in hand and wrote it on the paper, you stupid fuck.
>Maybe. But until he does, I am right and you are wrong. Cry more about it though
Nah, I've posted links to three different sources now of both of them saying the same as me. You got BTFO like 30 posts ago mate
>>
>>73597826
a-a vindictive prick sir
>>
how much is guigs worth
and scott mcleod
>>73597871
i'd take songbird over anything that sad pancake has written
>>
>>73597882
>>why is Noel richer than Liam
>>oh, he wrote Oasis' songs
>>to be fair, Liam did help
Clearly he did not help enough to constitute a credit, because
>Noel richer than Liam
>>
>>73597781
>See: Little James. Liam only had a melody and lyric
Little James was a long time after Don't Look Back In Anger.
Perhaps by that point, Liam realised the importance of being listed as the songwriter/co-writer, eh?
>>
Oh god the talentless Ian Brown wannabe is less of a millionaire then his more talented Ian Brown wannabe brother that just breaks my heart. Fuck Oasis
>>
Noel, Liam, please stop arguing over which one of you wrote the shitty irrelevant Britpop song.
>>
>>73597913
>What cases?
Did you read the thread? Can't you read?
>still co-wrote the song.
Incorrect. See >>73594399

>You got BTFO like 30 posts ago mate
You were BTFO when I posted this >>73594399
and you were so stupid as to think it was from wikipedia.
>>
>>73597941
fuck off you outdated and irrelevant electro poof
>>
File: 1436069124718.jpg (52KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
1436069124718.jpg
52KB, 600x804px
>this thread

Yikes, you guys....
>>
>>73597930
Well nothing Oasis do is actually worth the money they get paid so it's an arbitrary point to begin with, about as definitive as the feud itself.
>>
>>73598013
which threads are you participating in?
>>
>>73597882
The distinction is not "oh, he wrote Oasis' songs". It is "oh, he got credit for writing Oasis' songs".

Outside of that I was trying to explain to you why you we're repeatedly getting BTFO. You were having a conversation with yourself and calling us stupid.

Also yea this is kinda fun, I am enjoying myself. Dunno why you'd call me lame when you're doing the same.

Also I do concede the veracity of OPs pick. Shit is questionable. Unfortunately Noel still gets songwriting credits for that one track this guy is fomenting about.
>>
>>73598032
arbitrary or not it was the whole point of the thread
>>
>>73598032
>My opinion on Oasis quality is...
Not relevant
>>
anyway, noel a shit. bet he has bonds and a stock portfolio. beware of manlets
>>
>>73598096
noel is a shit but far better than Liam could even hope to be
>>
>>73597969
How can you still be honestly denying that he co-wrote the song? Are you stupid, or just baiting? Serious question.
Whether or not he is listed on the copyright listing is irrelevant. Both of them have admitted several times, in several interviews that Liam co-wrote the song.

Do you want a definition of co-written?

tr.v. co·wrote (-rōt′), co·writ·ten (-rĭt′n), co·writ·ing, co·writes or co-wrote or co-writ·ten or co-writ·ting or co-writes
--To write jointly or in collaboration with another author.

In context of songwriting:

When a song is written by more than one person, it is co-written, or written jointly or in collaboration with another author.[6]
Some co-writers use a "stream of consciousness" approach, throwing out every single line or word or rhyme that comes to them. By letting ideas flow, this generates potential lyrics and song structures more effectively than trying to writing the song by discussing options.
Co-writing can help two creators with different talents and strengths to create a new song that neither could have been able to devise if they were working alone.[7]
The first step in co-writing is to establish the division of the contribution between co-writers. (((((((((In copyright law, there is no distinction of importance between the lyrics of the song or the melody of the song, therefore each writer is given ownership equally over all of the song, unless another agreement is arranged.[8])))))))))))(take note here dumb fuck).

Now admit you're wrong and fuck off
>>
>>73598118
yet without liam he'd now be a guitar tech for the fratellis
>>
>>73598052
>The distinction is not "oh, he wrote Oasis' songs". It is "oh, he got credit for writing Oasis' songs".
Is it?
>>
>>73598163
but in the real world noel is worth damn near 10X as much as him
>>
>>73598180
yes
>>
>>73598231
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Citation needed]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Liam owns his own clothing company which is successful enough
>>
>>73598124
>How can you still be honestly denying that he co-wrote the song?
Because it's not stated here >>73594399
>Whether or not he is listed on the copyright listing is irrelevant
Incorrect, because legally the correct author should be stated in order to secure proper copyright control and future mechanical licensing.
>herefore each writer is given ownership equally over all of the song, unless another agreement is arranged
This is actually misleading information you pulled form wikipedia; Co-authors can assign different percentages to a certain work (to a total of 200%, with 100% being assigned to the lyric and 100% assigned to the music). What we learned when studying copyright law, is that both parties must come into an agreement in written form (handshake agreements are not admissible) in advance, to what percentage they hold. If it is not stated directly in writing, THEN it resolves to equal split. As you can see, no arrangement was made, because only one author is cited on the official copyright of the work. Since we can see who the song is legally credited to (just Noel), we can ascertain that Liam had no real stake in the song, despite anyone's claim to the contrary. Otherwise, he would have a stake in the song (a certain percentage, be it 1% or 199%)

Let me know if you have any other questions concerning copyright law, since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>73598327
>He posts a bunch of unverified, incorrect & misleading bullshit that he pulled from a copyright law site as if it makes his argument any less retarded
Try again, faggot. Liam still co-wrote the song, regardless of whether he is listed in the paperwork.

>As you can see, no arrangement was made, because only one author is cited on the official copyright of the work. Since we can see who the song is legally credited to (just Noel), we can ascertain that Liam had no real stake in the song, despite anyone's claim to the contrary. Otherwise, he would have a stake in the song (a certain percentage, be it 1% or 199%)
[[[[[[[[citation needed]]]]]]]]]] also laughably incorrect info on how royalties work, but whatever at this point.
So, how do you know he didn't pay Liam separately or they didn't work something out that allowed Noel to keep full credit?

>we can ascertain that Liam had no real stake in the song, despite anyone's claim to the contrary.
You mean like if both of the artists in question were to openly admit that Liam co-wrote the song? Yeah?
It's irrelevant whether Noel is named on the paperwork, this could have been for all sorts of reasons. And since he wrote most of their songs, probably was for making life easier reasons.

None of this changes the fact that LIAM CO-WROTE THE SONG BY LITERALLY GIVING NOEL THE CHORUS TO THE SONG. WHICH YOU CAN SEE NOEL LITERALLY ADMITTING BELOW:
Liam Gallagher:
Both:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbc2MQdKBA [Embed]
>>
>>73598447
Oh shit this guy is all about that persistence. I'm still at a loss as to why you'd engage any of this copywrite discussion while silmultaneously pushing the "real true honest legit process in which the song was created" nonsense.

To put it simply, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE PROCESS IN WHICH THE SONG WAS WRITTEN. All anyone was dicussing (other than you, obviously) was that NOEL HOLDS THE SOLE COPYWRITE CREDIT. In the read world of law and money, this is paramount. If Liam reads this thread, challenges the copywrite status and gets his name edged in, I still wont give a fuck about how the song was written.

Seriously man try not to be so naive about any kind of work in society. Make sure you have proper documentation and that you vet your contracts and have sincere discussions with collaborators about your work. Then get it verified all over again so that you never write the chorus to a song only to have your brother get all the money.
>>
>>73594170
1. Noel wrote the songs
2. Noel is smart, Liam is stupid
3. Divorse
>>
>>73598615
I don't think Liam cares about him getting the song writing credit. Your post is just pointless, really.
What is even your point after all of that?

It doesn't matter what the paperwork says unless discussing financials, WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND HERE?
The bottom line is: LIAM CO-WROTE THE SONG.
Why he decided he didn't want to be credited? None of us can know.
Maybe Noel paid him separately as mentioned, or maybe he just didn't care at the time.

The legal paperwork is for lawyers to deal with, not the artists, so again, fuck off... you lifeless, soul-less, fucking moron.
>>
>>73598635
montie with nothing but FACTS
>>
>>73598447
>Liam still co-wrote the song, regardless of whether he is listed in the paperwork.
Not relevant
>[[[[[[[[citation needed]]]]]]]]]]
https://www.bmi.com/creators/royalty/general_information
>how do you know he didn't pay Liam separately or they didn't work something out that allowed Noel to keep full credit?
If they did, the burden of proof is on you to prove it.
>You mean like if both of the artists in question were to openly admit that Liam co-wrote the song?
You mean if you misinterpreted the quote to mean he co-wrote it?
>this could have been for all sorts of reasons
There are also all sorts of reasons Liam didn't write it, but you sure are ignoring them
>LIAM CO-WROTE THE SONG BY LITERALLY GIVING NOEL THE CHORUS TO THE SONG
Show me where Liam said, all of this:
>SHE KNOWS IT'S TOO LATE AS SHE"S WALKING ON BY
>HER SOUL SLIDES AWAY BUT DON'T LOOK BACK IN ANGER I HEARD YOU SAY
When did Liam say any of this? If you can show me, I will concede.
>>73598709
>unless discussing financials
That's what this thread is about you fucktard
>>
>>73598615
Liam wrote "So Sally can wait", a fundamental part of the chorus to 'Don't Look Back in Anger'. Furthermore, Noel stated several times, in several publications, that he wrote the rest of the song easily once he had this part which Liam gave to him. The paperwork is irrelevant.

>>73598635
1. Liam has a massively successful clothing company
2. Noel is just as stupid as Liam, really
3. Yes

>>73598788
>When did Liam say any of this?
He doesn't need to have said the full chorus, you fucking idiot. He could have gave 1 single word and still been enough to claim songwriting credit, if he so wanted. Again, I've explained this multiple times now, so you're either ignoring it on purpose, or you're just stupid. (I think it's the latter, personally).

Liam co-wrote Don't Look Back In Anger. I have given you 3 instances in which both Liam and Noel openly admit this fact. You are saying otherwise, PROVE ME WRONG, fucker.
And citing copyright listing with only Noel's name on it isn't proof that Liam didn't co-write, it's only proof that he doesn't receive royalties.

I'll wait faggot
>>
>>73598709
My post is pointless only because it's completely lost on you.

The last line really sinks in that I'm not reaching you. I'd suggest you carefully keep an eye on your legal paperwork. Music business history is ripe with artists getting all their hard earned fortune legally taken from them because they we're ignorant of the subtleties of their contracts or too trusting in the handling of their finances.

Also to reiterate, no one gives a fuck about who wrote the song. Seriously this entire time it has been about who had copy write credits for the song. Even if Noel does give Liam a cut, unless there is a signed contract outlining the details of that deal, Noel will never have to pay Liam a dollar if he doesn't want too. Likewise, he is documented as the sole songwriter.

What is so tough about this for you?
>>
>>73594170
Proper ugly English fucks, how do they do it guys?

English people are so fucking ugly.
>>
>>73598901
> I'd suggest you carefully keep an eye on your legal paperwork. Music business history is ripe with artists getting all their hard earned fortune legally taken from them because they we're ignorant of the subtleties of their contracts or too trusting in the handling of their finances.
I've made reference to this multiple times in this thread, you stupid fucking idiot.
It's you who hasn't understood where I'm coming from or what I'm getting at.
What are you trying to say in your post, honestly?! It's just a whole bunch of nothing.

LIAM CO-WROTE THE SONG, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HE IS LISTED ON THE COPYRIGHT LISTING, OR WHETHER HE RECIEVES ROYALTIES. THESE THINGS ARE REDUNDANT. HE STILL CO-WROTE THE SONG.

How hard is this to understand, you moronic cunt?

>Also to reiterate, no one gives a fuck about who wrote the song. Seriously this entire time it has been abou...
Wrong. See >>73597405
>>
>>73598883
>He could have gave 1 single word
Show a case for this happening.

If you cannot, your point is shit and you need to fuck off.

Go.
>>
>>73594170
Simple. Noel writes everything and can sing.

I bet he also wrote Liam solo album
>>
>>73598978
this
>>
>>73598978
also waiting for this retard to be BTFO again
>>
>>73594460
Mike Parry is british
>>
>>73598966
>LIAM CO-WROTE THE SONG, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HE IS LISTED ON THE COPYRIGHT LISTING, OR WHETHER HE RECIEVES ROYALTIES.
These things indicate if he wrote the song or not; not some anecdotal comment that he might have mumbled "Sally can wait..." in a drunken. cocaine-fueled stupor once. The song was inspired by it, which doesn't make it written by him.

Maybe you think everyone who uses the word "the" in a sentence is a co-author to any song with the word "the" in it?

Of course not because you are one of the dumbest fucks I've ever seen (today)
>>
>>73594170
Liam spent it all on skag
>>
>>73598966

Guy, unfortunately you may never get this. The reality is that, other than you, everyone has been discussing songwriting credits within the framework of financial ownership.

No one is engaging your strange argument for the same reason I don't engage mental health patients. You have this fictional reality where we are all talking about who wrote the song, but the reality is that we were talking about who owns the copywrite, and who gets paid for it.

No one cares about those interviews.

No one is going to tell you that you were right because no one was having that discussion with you in the first place.

Noel possesses sole authorship.
>>
>>73598978
>>73599003
>>73599040
www.spectator.co.uk/2015/03/why-you-should-never-trust-songwriting-credits/
https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2008/jan/23/ivealwaysstudiedthecredits
http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/big-names-cash-in-on-third-for-a-word-songwriting-rule/
http://www.songrights.com/infringe.htm

"If you’re in the room, you’re on the song.
This is a touchy subject, but one worthy of addressing.
Let’s say you’re sitting down to write a song with your co-writing partner, and his or her significant other is also in the room. This other person could be anyone, mind you; we’re just saying significant other for the sake of the story. (Feel free to replace “significant other” with mom, roommate, manager, assistant, photographer, or salesman.)
Now, you’re writing along, you and the cowriter, when all of a sudden you come to a silent space. You and your cowriter are mulling something over between you, and here pipes in honey pie over there in the corner. She thought of a line! Great.
Maybe it is great. Maybe it’s not. But what has just happened is that now the bystander has entered the boxing ring. Now sweetie pie is on the song as a cowriter.
From a copyright and ownership standpoint, you have an issue to resolve from the moment the other person who was only watching now starts being a cowriter."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/songs-on-trial-10-landmark-music-copyright-cases-20160608
http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/musician-songwriting-royalties-disputes-2026282

Samefags and plebs BTFO. Read em and weep. Also, do a simple google search yourself and find multiple legal battles in which a co-writer has won the entirety of royalties for one word/phrase, shit, in some cases, even just sounds similar. (See that Robin Thicke song If I recall correctly)
>>
>>73599040
Your entire post is simply wrong. Look up how songwriting law works, faggot.
Shit, how about you contact a copyright lawyer and ask them. They will tell you that you're wrong in about 30 seconds.
>>
>>73599097
>No one is engaging your strange argument for the same reason I don't engage mental health patients. You have this fictional reality where we are all talking about who wrote the song, but the reality is that we were talking about who owns the copyright, and who gets paid for it.
You're wrong, and simply lying. All posts below are posts discussing the very thing I'm discussing.
Feel free to fuck off and be wrong elsewhere at any time:
>>73597097
>>73597085
>>73597008
>>73596858
>>73596712
>>73596662
>>73596646
>>73596676
>>73596611
>>73596609
>>73596513
>>73596492
>>73596482
There are more than this too, I just can't be bothered to quote them all.
>>
>>73599112

You know if any of this had happened on Don't Look Back in Anger then Liam might be registered as a co-writer.

Doesn't look like it did, tho, so your point?
>>
>>73599112
>www.spectator.co.uk/2015/03/why-you-should-never-trust-songwriting-credits/
>https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2008/jan/23/ivealwaysstudiedthecredits
>http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/big-names-cash-in-on-third-for-a-word-songwriting-rule/
>http://www.songrights.com/infringe.htm
Which of these list a case where someone got a credit for 1 (one) word?

This is your last chance to provide the case. if you can't this conversation is over and you've been successfully BTFO like the pussy you are

>>73599137
I've studied copyright law. You haven't. That's why I am right and you are wrong, and you will never EVER be able to prove otherwise
>>
>>73599169
about five of those posts are mine and I don't give a fuck about what you're discussing

the thread is about financial comparisons and copyrights you stupid fuck not the creative process where apparently Liam didn't even get credited

god you're a fucking brick wall everyone disagrees with you and you're still going on about irrelevant shit
>>
>>73599169
All of my posts linked here are literally warning you of the legal ramifications for being naive about letting your share of authorship go unclaimed.

The rest are warning you about equating twitter and celebrity interviews to some kind of irrefutable evidence as to who owns the song.

At the end of the day, Noel Gallagher is credited as writing that song. Liam is not.
>>
>>73599206
Because as I mentioned multiple times, Liam likely didn't care for songwriting credit, or they had a separate arrangement worked out, whereby Noel retains all songwriting credits in exchange for something else. This isn't uncommon, if you knew even a little on this topic, you would know this much.

I will make this real easy for you fucking idiots to understand:
1. It doesn't matter whether or not he is on the paperwork as songwriter, he still co-wrote the song, and both Liam and Noel are on camera saying this themselves.
2. It doesn't matter whether it was one word, one verse, whatever, he's still a co-writer, and if he so wanted, he could have been listed as such on the copyright paperwork. Furthermore, if he decided to sue, he'd probably stand a chance of winning.

>>73599268
You're wrong and simply moving goalposts now. I have gave you links which discuss cases where royalties were lost over LESS than a word. Fuck off and go be wrong elsewhere, you stupid fuck.

>>73599275
The conversation/discussion evolved from the discussion of financials to this discussion we are having now. What the fuck does it matter anyway, you fucking moron? Several people are looking at it from the financial side, and several others from the songwriting credit side. What does it fucking matter cunt? The discussion evolved, you don't like it? So then fuck off

>>73599276
See above.
It does not matter. Liam co-wrote the song regardless of whether or not he gets paid for it, regardless of whether or not he is listed on the copyright paperwork. I think the very two artists in question saying this much themselves is more relevant than some bmi documentation which we don't and never will know the full details of. As I said, it may be the case that they arranged a deal which allowed Noel to retain full credit, who knows, we don't, they do. They are both on record saying Liam co wrote the song. Think before replying, moron
>>
>>73599413
>You're wrong and...
Ooops, I'm not seeing the case we are looking for here, so I just simply stopped reading.

Nice try faggot. If you weren't such an incomprehensible moron, you might of succeeded. Let me know when you learn anything at all about songwriting process and law. We can try again when you aren't 12.
>>
Will you guys be sitting on the front porch in your twilight years, look out into the sunset, and be happy you spent your prime years arguing about copyright laws on 4chan?
>>
>>73599413

Guy, no body cares about your points. As I've said several times, you are having an argument about a facet of the larger convo. That facet is unfortunately irrelevant. This has been pointed out to you several times. No one cares about how it was written. It was always about who got credit.

Who actually has credit and is awarded royalties was and is the point. If you're going to continue to argue at least go back to bitching about wikipedia as a source or something.
>>
>this one dedicated autist continuing to reply despite being 100% wrong about muh co-writing

Christ dude, give it a rest.
>>
>>73599461
t. Upset because he was btfo repeatedly
Artists have lost all royalties due a few notes being identical, they've lost all royalties due to phrases/lyrics being similar. Look it up and I'm sure you'll find a case whereby two songwriting partners have been sued or vice versa over a song/line/phrase/word, etc.

Aside from all of the above, Liam still co-wrote 'Don't Look Back In Anger'. Liam and Noel are on record saying this themselves.

>>73599526
You're wrong again faggot, re read this thread. You'll see multiple other anons arguing with me about this. Just because the discussion didn't go where you wanted it, doesn't mean it's not relevant now.
So yeah, shut the fuck up and move along if you don't like it dumb cunt.
>>
>post 2 hours ago
>dumbass getting BTFO by multiple aims
>come back
>same dumbass is STILL getting rekt

This is just a massacre somebody end this
>>
>>73599575
>>73599563
fuck it I want a second thread let's see how much this absolute retard has left in the tank
>>
>>73599568
>Artists have lost all royalties due a few notes being identical, they've lost all royalties due to phrases/lyrics being similar. Look it up and I'm sure you'll find a case whereby two songwriting partners have been sued or vice versa over a song/line/phrase/word, etc.
Nice backpedaling

This is my last reply to you since you are not going to provide proof for your claims. You can continue damage control without me.

Have fun faggot. Goodbye.
>>
>>73599563
Which one is wrong about co-writing
Link the poster
>>
>>73599611
>inb4 each guy just links the other one
>>
>>73599599
Nice buzzwords. I didn't backpedal at all. I've provided enough proof.

But even so, this is not the main argument anyway... this is a separate discussion about legal battles and courts, etc.
You've still got to prove that Liam didn't co-write the song, even though both Liam and Noel are on record saying he did... so good luck with that one.
You don't really have an argument at all.
>>
>>73599611
this one is wrong and dumb >>73599568

this anon is smart >>73599599
>>
>>73599568

Yea you linked a whole slew of posts, five em were mine, all declaring that Liam wasn't listed as an author and that this was important.

To be very clear, Liam is not listed as an author of that song. Unless he challenges that position and wins, any anecdotes from interviews or even concessions from the guy who does have authorship will unfortunately be pointless.

Again, I'm trying to help you. Liam Gallagher is not the credited songwriter for that song. Very. Sorry.
>>
>>73599611

The one claiming Liam co-wrote it, especially 100% given the context of this autistic thread in the first place, which was that Noel made his money from songwriting credits, to which the autist replied that Liam co-wrote many of the hits.

His reply would insinuate that he's adding this tidbit to refute the argument that Noel's wealth derives from songwriting credits, as the songs were co-written by the two. Cue 50 autistic posts later, including screenshots that clearly and definitively state that Noel has sole copywriting credits, and he continues to blather on about a tangential argument that no one gives a shit about.

>inb4 he calls me out as the guy he's been arguing with when I just finished reading through this autistic shitshow before posting
>>
>>73599634
>>73599611
>>73599563
>>73599658
>>73599711
Well one guy is claiming that giving another co-writer the basis for the chorus, and the entire song isn't "co-writing" but instead, "inspiration".

In this particular example, "Don't Look Back In Anger", Liam gave Noel the "So Sally can wait" part of the chorus, which Noel has said the rest of the song was easy to write once he had this part, therefore we can determine this was and is a fundamental part of the song. (It's definitely one of the most recognisable lines).

The anon is claiming this isn't "co-writing" since it was only 4 words, but he's wrong. And the law states hes wrong, and just about every piece of information which discusses and details copyright law (In particular when it comes to songwriting) proves him wrong.

Whether the legal documentation says it or not, Liam did co-write the song.
He could have been placed upon said documentation if he so wanted to, his contribution to the song was more than enough to qualify him as a co-writer.

PROVE ME WRONG. I'll wait.
>>
I've never seen somebody get BTFO over the course of 3 hours
>>
>>73599711
Liam did co-write the song though
>>
>>73595456
Oasis forever btfo
>>
>>73599741
so what you're saying is Liam didn't write the song? Noel wrote it? Interesting I guess that's why Noel has the sole writing credit I guess that's also why he has much more money from royalties

Because he got...you know...credited with writing the song?
>>
>>73596325
Liam was JUST before Oasis even formed.
>>
>>73599650

Creative! I like that you tried to use my argument against me. To be clear tho, this is a discussion about why Noel is (arguably) richer than Liam. Someone pointed out that Noel has sole songwriting credits for a lot of Oasis songs. In fact, he is claimed as the sole writer for Don't Look Back In Anger.

Money from those royalties probably lead to the disparity in wealth.

Did he really write those songs in a vacuum of space time, uninfluenced by anyone or anything, and is thus truly alone in his craft. Not likely. Has anyone taken him to court and won co-authorship of these songs? Doesn't appear so.

Looks like they're Noels songs.
>>
>>73599683
>>73599784
Wrong, he is a co-writer regardless of whether the documentation lists him as such. Furthermore, Liam and Noel are on record saying this much. The paperwork is irrelevant and as this particular section of copyright law is so complicated, all you have to do is read up on some popular songwriting legal cases to see that I'm correct.

It does not matter what the copyright documentation says, (well, it does in terms of deciding royalties and for legal purposes if they were to arise), but in reality: Liam co-wrote the song. Whether he contributed 4 words or 4 verses, does not matter.

Until you can prove me wrong (You can't, since both Liam and Noel have stated this much) then don't bother replying.
>>
>>73599862
>does not matter what the copyright documentation says

It actually does lmao I can see why you've been gettting rent itt
>>
>>73599862

On what planet is the paperwork and law irrelevant? Liam has no earthy claim to the work until he challenges the current status and wins.

Has he done this? NO.

That's all there is to this.
>>
>>73599845
>>73599891
I don't disagree that Noel probably has more money from Oasis than any of the other members.
But that isn't this discussion anymore. (It was what OP was discussing yes, but the discussion has evolved since then)

Noel wrote the large majority of the songs for Oasis, yes.

There are several songs on which other members of the band contributed to the writing of the song but for whatever reason, opted not to receive writing credit.
.......Like Don't Look Back In Anger, where Liam gave a fundamental part of the song to Noel, who then wrote the rest of the song around this. (I've provided video of him literally saying this)

Whether or not he is officially listed on paperwork is IRRELEVANT. This could have been for any number of reasons/deals done with the band, or Liam just not caring/not realising what was at stake, etc.
>>
>>73599941
nope discussion was why was Noel so much richer than Liam and other anons accurately described why while you went on some irrelevant autistic tirade about the "creative process"

So in the end you're wrong like you were two hundred posts ago
>>
>>73599741

Assuming you're the same autist that's been in this thread the whole time, the only reason you originally piped up about Liam having co-written some of the songs was because it was originally asserted that Noel was the sole songwriter, hence his much greater wealth than Liam.

Once you were proved definitively wrong, instead of backing out and preserving some shred of dignity, you doubled down on the autism, furnishing a tweet and some interview as proof that Liam did, in fact, co-write the song, despite this now having absolutely NOTHING to do with the original argument, as it's clear that Noel has sole copywrite credits and thus financial claim to the songs.

And if you want to get super autistic, Liam didn't co-write shit, because he literally did not write anything. He hummed a tune, and Noel went and used that to WRITE the song. You're not going to bait me into further replies because I can already feel myself sinking into the same trap that the first guy fell into, and that's arguing with a retard.

>>73599757

Prove it.
>>
>>73599924
What I'm trying to say is: IT'S RELEVANT YES, BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS NECESSARILY ACCURATELY DEPICT WHO WROTE THE SONG, ETC.

As I have said, for the 30th fucking time or so, songwriting credits have often been traded/given away in place of some other arrangement. (For example, I let you have song writing credits, but I get merch sales) THIS IS NOT UNCOMMON.

I've also posted several legal cases in which songwriters/collaborators were sued and lost ALL royalties over less of a contribution than 4 words.

This is all irrelevant in the sense that Liam did co-write the song, by definition, whether or not the documentation says so.

>>73599974
The discussion evolved, ya know, like they do?! you virginal retarded cunt.
>>
>>73600021
>he only reason yo
The discussion evolved, you fucking retard.

>Once you were proved definitively wrong
Show me where. Link me to the post. Quote where I'm wrong on this. I'll wait, faggot.

>furnishing a tweet and some interview as proof that Liam did, in fact, co-write the song, despite this now having absolutely NOTHING to do with the original argument,
Liam did co-write the song, and the tweet is more relevant than a Wikipedia article, which was my point. Also, the discussion is relevant since it evolved from the financial aspect, as discussions often do (how many times do you autistic fucks need this explaining?)

>Liam didn't co-write shit, because he literally did not write anything. He hummed a tune, and Noel went and used that to WRITE the song
No, he sang a fundamental part of the chorus (which I've provided proof of the two of them discussing on video), and you clearly have 0 understanding of copyright law since it does not fucking matter who actually had the pen in their hand and wrote on the paper, you stupid cunt.
I find it hilarious how literal retards like you ITT are posting as if I'm wrong on this, when they have no understanding of what is even being discussed. See>>73599112 and shut the fuck up being wrong and stupid
>>
>>73600036

Listen guy, I understand what you're getting at, you just don't seem to realize that the discussion did not evolve, you simply came out of the woodwork wearing a unitard, covered in shit, claiming that you have a bomb in your asshole and everyone else has been trying to tell you that you're fucking mental.
>>
>>73600021
>Prove it

"We were in Paris playing with the Verve, and I had the chords for that song and started writing it. We were due to play 2 days later. Our first-ever big arena gig, it's called Sheffield Arena now. At the sound check, I was strumming away on the acoustic guitar, and our kid (Liam Gallagher) said, 'What's that you're singin'?' I wasn't singing anyway, I was just making it up. And our kid said, 'Are you singing 'So Sally can wait'.' And I was like – that's genius! So I started singing, 'So Sally can wait.'

Liam Gallagher:
Both:

Songwriting/co-writer explained for the layman (you):
"If you’re in the room, you’re on the song.
This is a touchy subject, but one worthy of addressing.
Let’s say you’re sitting down to write a song with your co-writing partner, and his or her significant other is also in the room. This other person could be anyone, mind you; we’re just saying significant other for the sake of the story. (Feel free to replace “significant other” with mom, roommate, manager, assistant, photographer, or salesman.)
Now, you’re writing along, you and the cowriter, when all of a sudden you come to a silent space. You and your cowriter are mulling something over between you, and here pipes in honey pie over there in the corner. She thought of a line! Great.
Maybe it is great. Maybe it’s not. But what has just happened is that now the bystander has entered the boxing ring. Now sweetie pie is on the song as a cowriter.
From a copyright and ownership standpoint, you have an issue to resolve from the moment the other person who was only watching now starts being a cowriter."
(Look this up yourself if you need any further explanation)
>>
>>73600205
>you simply came out of the woodwork wearing a unitard, covered in shit, claiming that you have a bomb in your asshole and everyone else has been trying to tell you that you're fucking mental
No, they haven't, and no it didn't, did it? you stupid yank cunt
>>
>>73600126

>the discussion evolved

No, you autistically forced it to veer off course because you insisted on doubling down on a losing position.

You were definitively blown out all the way back here:

>>73594299
>>73594399

You should've just checked the dubs and left it at that, hombre.

>Liam did co-write the song

Prove it.

>you have 0 understanding of copyright law

Says the autist who got blown out earlier by someone who had studied copyright law

>>73600248

So why isn't he listed on the copyright credits?
>>
>>73600268

Every once in a while you phrase these statements as if they were a question with an obvious answer. Deep down I think it's the sane you begging for mercy.
>>
>>73600295
>who got blown out earlier by someone who had studied copyright law
I didn't. And don't you mean by someone who SAYS they studied copyright law, lmao.

See>>73600248 and prove me wrong, faggot.
If you weren't so butthurt and blinkered, emotionally involved after being btfo, you might realise that I'm actually right and have been all along.
The reason he isn't listed in copyright credits is anyones guess but often times bands/songwriters give them away for something else/make a deal/don't care, etc, as I have explained maybe 5 times now? If you'd actually read this thread you'd have seen this.

I'm still waiting for one, JUST ONE, person to prove me wrong.

>>73600370
You misunderstand my intention, you stupid cunt. They are likely meant in an antagonising way, since I really dislike stupid fucks like you. I'm still waiting for any one of you to prove me wrong on this topic though
>>
>>73600248
this anon is right i don't understand how so many are disagreeing
>>
>>73600455
Because that's just anecdotal hearsay. In contrast, what is actually copyrighted, registered and published is different account, which also explains the lack of royalties (which is what the thread is about).
>>
>>73600455
Because there is more to it than simply being in the room. You kinda have to follow through, get that shit documented, get your name listed as a co-author.

If you don't, well then all you've got are some anecdotes. Not saying Liam wasn't there or didn't help write the song, but if he has claim he should probably get his name on it. If he doesn't, then whoops it ain't yours.

Doesn't look like his name is listed as a co-author.

Guess we'll get more anecdotes posted as proof, then.
>>
>>73600455
he's not right if you would read the entire thread he's an autistic spaz
>>
If you really want a laff, look up the net worth of each of the Metallica members.
>>
>>73600636
Lol savour those victories before they're taken away from you, then go have a seat next to Liam waiting for those royalty checks that aren't coming.
>>
>>73600684
>>73600684
Nope, whether he's on the paperwork isn't relevant unless from a legal perspective, which this isn't.

The bottom line is: He co-wrote the song. That is the reality. He gave Noel the chorus and Noel then wrote the rest of the song. We are not discussing who got the royalties, (obviously Noel did) but that is irrelevant.

It doesn't matter whether he "technically, legally" co-wrote it, since this isn't a courtroom, faggot.
Also, he likely chose to not be listed on the credit, for whatever reason and if he sued, he'd probably win, if he wanted to, of course.

>>73600707
No I am. It's actually you who is the autistic spaz. Read up on copyright law especially relating to songwriting/co-writing, etc.
You'll see that you've been wrong from the very beginning.
>>
>>73600780
nope still wrong only Noel, NOT liam, is credited with writing the song look it up
>>
>>73600720

Honestly not too suprising. Lars was always shrewd as fuck, and if i'm not mistaken most songs are credited to him and Hetfield alone?

They tour like madmen and have merch out the wazoo too.

They're assholes for the napster shit, shrewd assholes.
>>
>>73600780
>unless from a legal perspective, which this isn't.
It is, because 1) when something is copyrighted, it's a legal document and 2) we're discussion royalties
>>
am i banned?
>>
>>73600799
>>73600815
When a song is written by more than one person, it is co-written, or written jointly or in collaboration with another author.[6] Co-writers create songs in different ways. Some co-writers use a "stream of consciousness" approach, throwing out every single line or word or rhyme that comes to them. By letting ideas flow, this generates potential lyrics and song structures more effectively than trying to writing the song by discussing options. Co-writing can help two creators with different talents and strengths to create a new song that neither could have been able to devise if they were working alone.[7] The first step in co-writing is to establish the division of the contribution between co-writers. In copyright law, there is no distinction of importance between the lyrics of the song or the melody of the song, therefore each writer is given ownership equally over all of the song, unless another agreement is arranged.[8] "Phantom" songwriters are those who provided small contributions to the song, such as a band member who suggests a line for a verse or a session musician who informally proposes a chord progression for a coda. Once a songwriter is acknowledged as a cowriter on the project, this is almost impossible to undo, so "phantom" songwriters are not usually given credit

>"phantom" songwriters are not usually given credit

Plebs btfo once again
>>
>>73600780
>Read up on copyright law
this isn't a courtroom, faggot.
>>
>>73600780

Oh thanks for clarifying that courtroom bit. Really tho, if he helped co-write it, he should have gotten his name thrown in.

He didn't, though, did he? Seems pretty important if you want to legally enforce getting paid, cause it seems like Noels getting that cash.
>>
>>73600834
>The first step in co-writing is to establish the division of the contribution between co-writers. In copyright law, there is no distinction of importance between the lyrics of the song or the melody of the song, therefore each writer is given ownership equally over all of the song, unless another agreement is arranged
Liam and Noel never made this arrangement

Hence Liam is not a co-author.

BTFO by your own logic
>>
>>73600834
>being this wrong
>STILL being absolutely, utterly and completely BTFO at every fucking turn by multiple anons
>>
>>73600869

>"Phantom" songwriters are those who provided small contributions to the song, such as a band member who suggests a line for a verse

The very description literally makes Liam a songwriter, since that is exactly what he did.
You're so stupid it's sad, to be honest with you
>>
>>73600834
>>"phantom" songwriters are not usually given credit

"not given credit"

Well, shit, thanks! There it is.
>>
>>73600895
bait, try again fag. you've been irrecoverably BTFO
>>
>>73600912
>The very description literally makes Liam a songwriter,
Wrong, it makes him a "Phantom" songwriter, who is not given credit.

Hence Liam is not a co-author.

BTFO by your own logic
>>
>>73600929
like Liam was BTFO when he didn't get that writing credit and you lost the argument

LMAO
>>
>>73600947
>>73600950
Nope, he's a songwriter, you've been BTFO irrecoverably now though.
I won't be replying from here anyway faggots, enjoy being retarded.
All I can say is: Read more regarding copyright law and songwriting, etc. You know deep in your hear that you've been wrong all along, so feel free to admit it and correct your ways

Goodbye
>>
Jesus I'm still laughing. So either Liam agreed he didn't deserve credit while they were filing copywrite, or he look a lump sum and forfeited his claim.

Here I was assuming he didn't help write it and rightfully didn't try to claim credit, but now you jackassess are telling him he had a chance to legally edge in with some paltry contribution and he let it go?

It's obvious where the real talent was.

Either way, the guy who posted that "gotcha" paragraph is full tard, how he misread "not given credit" as "has credit" is gold.
>>
>>73600981
>being so BTFO you force yourself to leave the thread

what did autism anon mean by this?
>>
>>73600981
>Nope, he's a songwriter
Wait, I thought you said he was a Phantom author?

Which is it? make up your mind.

>>73600981
>Read more regarding copyright law and songwriting, etc
Except you got all your info from wikipedia.
>>
>>73601019

"But wikipedia isn't a source, it's unreliable!!!"

"Not being given credit = co-authorship!"
>>
>>73601059
Whom are you quoting?
>>
File: 1498331965883s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498331965883s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>Plebs still think Liam didn't co-write 'Don't Look Back In Anger' despite both Liam and Noel openly saying he did, and all evidence suggesting he did
>They think this because of an irrelevant copyright document
>>
>>73601079

Mocking the guy earlier saying that wikipedia wasn't realiable but twitter and uncut magazine were.
>>
>>73601114
>an official document doesn't agree with my logic?
>well then it's irrelevant
>>
>>73601114
>frogposters and autismbabbies still believe Liam wrote it
>when he DIDNT and didnt even get an ounce of credit

lmao eternally #rekt
>>
>>73601114
>pleb thinks the Gallagher's are trustworthy people
>pleb still thinks Liam wrote it even when he's not getting any actual credit or money
>pleb actually gives a shit about this terrible band
>>
File: ye.png (58KB, 2760x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ye.png
58KB, 2760x2000px
>>73601150
>>73601162
>he thinks Liam didn't co-write it because of a piece of legal documentation which he has never seen despite both Noel and Liam being on camera saying he did co-write it and in fact was such a fundamental part of the song that Noel wrote the rest of the song around Liam's contribution
>B-but h-he didn't co-write it

Hmmm really makes u think
>>
>>73601114

Yea you just keepin on ignoring those "irrelevant" legal documents that give you authorship of your work and help get you paid.

It's interesting that an odd facet of copy write law that allows someone to claim that something as inert as being near a writer while they compose can legally allow you to claim a percentage of authorship is somehow trying to be used as an argument that Liam really wrote anything. Then we're supposed to believe he forfeited that authorship for "reason".

Then these folks also seem to think that legally registering your work is "irrelevant".
>>
>>73601226
>he thinks Liam wrote the song when every source and his momma says Noel wrote that shit singlehandedly
>he's still here even though he said he would leave
>STILL getting BTFO by MULTIPLE anons

he's dead jim
>>
>>73601226
>he thinks Liam didn't co-write it because of a piece of legal documentation which he has never seen
>which he has never seen
What do you mean?
>>
>>73601230
already debunked and btfo
read this >>73599112
>>
>>73601256
Not that anon but you are wrong
>when every source and his momma says Noel wrote that shit singlehandedly

Liam Gallagher:

Both:
>>
>>73601268

Yes, what is stated there is possible. Doesn't appear to have happened with Don't Look Back In Anger tho. Kinda need to have an applicable situation for that to blow any one out.
>>
>>73601268
>>73601294
An anon debunked this earlier in the thread
See >>73594399
>>
>>73601340
see>>73601294
That is literally what happened
>>
>>73601294
you are that anon lmao don't lie
>>
>>73601362
It couldn't have, since Liam is not credited.

Do you think it was a mistake?
>>
>>73601360
Irrelevant
All that does is prove Noel receives royalties, which no one is disputing
>>
Guys, you need to understand that for Liam to have exercised his right to claim on the song (for being in the room or saying four words) he would have his name under copywrite.

It isn't. Yes, it is possible, and it has happened before to other artists, but it didn't happen here. Gotta follow the logic of these posts through before you throw up your "Victory" banners.

Claim whats yours or it isn't yours. End of story.
>>
>>73601387
> which no one is disputing
Then stop posting because that's what this thread is about.
>>
>>73601387
it proves the whole point of the thread that Liam didn't get credited and didn't get royalties thus received less money than Noel. Bingo.
>>
>>73601387
except for the entire point of the thread and not the """evolved discussion""" bullshit you tried to bring up earlier

Lmao
>>
>>73601379
No i'm another one bro
>>73601415
Never said anything other...But that Liam co-wrote the song, just not credited
>>73601438
I'm not that guy bro, i just see he was right
Liam did co-write the song, he just isn't credited
>>
>>73601449
we weren't arguing over what your trying to argue about lmao fact is that """"""other"""""" anon was wrong because Liam didn't get credited which was proven more than enough times itt
>>
>>73601387

>no one is disputing

The reason that fucking autist brought up that Liam co-wrote the songs was to refute the claim that Noel made his fortune from songwriting royalties.

He was shortly blown the fuck out and yet continued to double down on his claim that the legality of who owns the copyright is irrelevant (it's not), and that because a tweet and some interview claim that he hummed the first four words of the chorus, that they were indeed co-writers (they weren't).

Anyone with the patience to read through this autistic abomination of a thread from start to finish will come to the same conclusion.
>>
I just enjoy the logic of copywrite being irrelevant but then somehow copywrite law that isn't even utilized, or at best implies forfeited contribution rights, is the fatal strike in this retarded thread.

"Just cause the paperwork says it's Noels' is irrelevant"

"but THIS paperwork confirms sneezing in a songwriters direction gives you 50%!"
>>
>>73601502
>The reason that fucking autist brought up that Liam co-wrote the songs was to refute the claim that Noel made his fortune from songwriting royalties.
How do you know that? did he explicitly say so? I don't think he did...... so there is no way you could know his intention. He may have replied to a post but that doesn't prove his intention or reasoning behind it. The discussion quickly became about whether Liam is a songwriter on don't look back in anger or not, and he is. He just isn't credited, nor does he recieve royalties for it.

>claim that he hummed the first four words of the chorus, that they were indeed co-writers (they weren't).
Claim that he sang the first most recognisable part of the chorus, which Noel then later wrote the rest of the song around, that they were indeed co-writers (because they were, by definition)

>>73601592
>Copywrite
What?

Also, it's irrelevant within the context of this discussion yes, since there is no possible way any sane person can deny that Liam co-wrote the song. Both parties have admitted this on film, with Noel saying he wrote the rest of the song arround the part Liam gave him. This is how songwriting works. It doesn't matter how small the part was.

The fact that he isnt listed on paperwork doesn't mean he didn't write the song, it just means he doesn't get credit, and he doesn't get royalties from it.

Not too difficult to understand
>>
>>73601698
>Also, it's irrelevant within the context of this discussion yes, since there is no possible way any sane person can deny that Liam co-wrote the song.
What percent of the whole thing do you think Liam wrote?
>>
>>73601698

I'm just impressed you can even find that goalpost after moving it so much.

>>73594357

This is where you fucked it all up. Like 10 posts in, everyone talking about getting paid for their songs, and you're like "but Liam wrote blah blah blah" and it meant fuck all then as it means fuck all now.

Noel has the copywrite. He gets the royalties. Anecdotes don't matter. Very. Sorry.
>>
>>73601732
It doesn't matter, and that isn't how songwriting credit works anyway.
See >>73599112 from way earlier in the thread.
It doesn't matter how little or lot the co-writer contributed. Sure, the main writer may haggle and want more of a share if they did indeed split the royalties (In this case, they didn't).
Also, Noel openly states that he wrote the rest of the song around Liam's part, so without his part...there may never have been a song, comprende?

>>73601769
The discussion shifted from OP's original question to more of a technicality regarding copyright laws, etc, but this wasn't moving the goal posts, it was simply the discussion evolving.
No one ITT claimed that Noel didn't receive the large majority of Oasis royalties.
Only people claimed Liam didn't co-write Don't Look Back In Anger because he doesn't receive royalties when in reality, he DID co-write it, and without his contribution, the song may have not been released at all...since Noel admits to writing the rest of the song around his contribution.

It doesn't matter who gets the royalties (well, maybe to OP's question yeah) but Liam co-wrote the song, by definition. Both parties have admitted this much on camera, whether or not he's on the paperwork which secures the royalties is irrelevant because He DID co-write the song.
>>
>>73601907

I commend your persistence, especially pretending to drop out, come back as someone else, getting called out for it, and then continuing with the same argument everyone has told you a million times is bankrupt. Especially that "evolving conversation" part, you've definitely got some sociopathic shit going on if you're trying to carry that with a straight face.

I'm done tho, was fun, sorry you have to continue being you.
>>
File: 1497963465633.jpg (39KB, 477x479px) Image search: [Google]
1497963465633.jpg
39KB, 477x479px
>>73602192
>he gets btfo so he starts projecting
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.