[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this her meme album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Dreaming.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dreaming.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
Was this her meme album?
>>
You are her meme fan
>>
If by meme you mean best, yeah.
>>
>>73593190

this, desu. Strongly consider suicide, OP
>>
>>73593075
What does that even mean?
>>
>>73594334
Hounds Of Love is her best
>>
>>73593075
If this is her best and I found it boring compared to the similar things the japanese did and the germans they ripped off, should I bother listening to the rest?
>>
>>73595140
Agreed. If your favorite Kate Bush album is The Dreaming, I can 10,000% guarantee that you:

>Listened to Side A of Hounds of Love
>(which is a side of stone-cold bangers)
>went like "lol this is easy listening pop music"
>started kinda tuning the album out
>didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to Side B
>(which is a concept album called The Ninth Wave)
>thought "wow the pop bangers on this side aren't as catchy I'm bored"
>put on The Dreaming
>went like "oh good weird noises, I like weird noises"
>decided it was Kate Bush's best album the moment she went all "I LOVE LIFE" on "Pull Out the Pin"
>got on 4chan and declared it Kate Bush's best album after listening to precisely two and a half Kate Bush albums
>>
>>73595242
>le u r not a tru fan if you prefer the less popular album maymay
Please anon, call him a contrarian next
>>
>>73595277
Here's the thing: people give these two albums (and a lot of the time, *only* these two albums) a cursory listen, and they say "The Dreaming is her best album" solely on the basis that it sounds weirder.

But here's the thing: it's the easier album to like. It takes less work, less familiarity with the artist, and less patience. It's easy. It's poppy, but it sounds weird, so people gravitate toward it the same way they gravitate toward Everything Everything or Clarence Clarity, and then they denigrate Hounds of Love.

But they don't get Hounds of Love, and they don't get Kate Bush. Getting Kate Bush requires patience and appreciation for subtlety, two qualities most people on 4chan don't have.
>>
>>73595361
I think you are overthinking this a bit. Both albums get a ton of love on /mu/ dude, it's just that a vocal minority prefer The Dreaming. Saying "u jus don get it" because people are disagreeing with you won't change anyones mind
>>
>>73595195
How the fuck does this have anything to do with japanese music lol just because of a few vocal inflections in a couple of songs? Get real
>>
i'm all for summer babbies discovering new music but why must u be so obnoxious
>>
>>73595361
How is The Dreaming more poppy than Hounds of Love? I would love to see you try to explain that. Good luck.

Also, I don't think it's that weird, but it's certainly more progressive and complex than Side A of Hounds of Love, which I also love btw.
>>
>>73595361
>>73595277
>>73595242
huge fan here
hounds of love, the dreaming and never for ever are all 3 very different but perfect albums followed closely by 50 words for snow. any choice between them is personal preference because they are all her best.
>>
>>73596008
This. Her only bad albums are Red Shoes and Sensual World
>>
>>73596020
But i like The Sensual World
>>
>>73595545
How are you on /mu/ for any amount of time and haven't heard of that one strange japanese singer lady from the 80s whose name at least one enthusiastic anon will drop any time you ask for good japanese music?
>>
>>73596063
Same
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.