[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the critics wrong about Ed Sheeran? How does someone with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Are the critics wrong about Ed Sheeran?

How does someone with such poor reviews sell so many records?
>>
no one cares about pitchfork
>>
>>73589460
He's white but still makes poppy/dance/ romance music so he's a shit lord to reviewers but most people don't give a fuck and just like his music.
>>
one eye on the money...
>>
>>73589460
Young girls.
>>
File: 1497976400110.png (21KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1497976400110.png
21KB, 200x194px
>Im in love with the shape of you
>>
I'm a britfag and I am honestly astonished at his popularity
I remember when he was getting a lot of buzz in the UK around '09-'10, and I heard that one live performance he did for SBTV with his loop pedal, and I thought it was good
Then he got massive in the UK off of mediocre but seemingly pretty sincere singles, and I understood how he was at that level of popularity even if I thought the music was throwaway
Now he's become the biggest pop star in the world off of the most generic, cheesy bullshit. Am I just underestimating normies' love for generic, cheesy bullshit here? His fans at this point always go on about the fact he's "A REAL MUSICIAN". Jesus. Still, I'd rather listen to him than The Chainsmokers or Clean Bandit.
>>
>>73589530
This
Most younger girls don't appreciate anything but bland simple music
>>
>>73589685
Or whatever's fashionable.
>>
>>73589460
he's ok but the hype over him is overblown
>>
He's a good musician and songwriter but he wastes it on writing shitty top 40 pop songs

I like when he just jams with his loop pedal

https://youtu.be/lhfJUqm8AdU
>>
>>73589864
Fucking garbage
>>
>>73589919
Thanks for your valuable input
>>
>>73589685
>>73589810
>implying both of you accept anything that is complex non-music related
>>
>>73589925
>>implying
You know nothing, bitch. Typical whore assuming shit about complete strangers.
>>
>>73589925
Speak English, bitch.
>>
>>73589924
Thanks for yours, Ed
>>
>>73589925
go flash your tits on chaturbate you stupid slag
>>
>>73589460
>How does someone with such poor reviews sell so many records?
Girls 21 and under are very easy to please when it comes to music. Ed Sheeran basically ticks off all the boxes, even looks (because for the past several years all the heavily marketed guy-singers have been tremendously good looking, and Ed Sheeran is more "guy next door")

>incredibly sappy, cheesy, gradeschool-tier love-poem lyrics
>over the top soft, emotional voice
>"unique" simplistic music
>acoustic guitar
>a little bit of rap (but safe rap, not like Eminem or black people rap)
>sounds like he's singing "directly to them"
>lyrics obsess over girls and put them on a pedestal while portraying himself as a submissive beta male
>catchy (if you're a girl)
>>
>>73590064
also unthreatening look. Every pop star has that weird soft face
>>
>>73589460
White women
>>
I saw him do some cool stuff with a looper but I've never heard a song of his outside of that.
>>
>>73589460
Same shit as Justin Bieber, One Direction, Miley Cyrus, etc.
Underage girls dig that shit and are a huge consumer base
>>
He appeals to empty-headed vaginas
>>
>>73589511
...one eye on the game.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.