[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drone or Ambient?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: forrestdrones[1].jpg (210KB, 1200x1154px)
forrestdrones[1].jpg
210KB, 1200x1154px
Which one do you prefer? They're not mutually exclusive, but if you had to pick, which would you take with you?

Additionally, do you think they meaningfully overlap?
>>
I don't understand the difference. In fact I don't understand the difference between 99% of these micro-genres or whatever they're called.
>>
Ambient i guess. Kind of a dumb distinction though
>>
>>73589243

its pretty simple in this case, one is minimalist, one is (intended to be) unobtrusive.
>>
I don't know of any drone release that isn't at least ambient-related
>>
>>73589243
neither of these are "micro-genres" or sub-genres
>>
>>73589243
wow, just....wow
>>
File: cover.ki.jpg (190KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.ki.jpg
190KB, 1400x1400px
>>73589222
Those have nothing to do with each other.. It's comparing two different things arbitrarily. That being said I prefer ambient but I love drone
>>
>>73589396
that's not drone
>>
>>73589321

* how about this one?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4vAp4bZ-Ig
>>
>>73589409

locsil is one artist who features both drone and ambient in the same work. The two are quite similar in the sense that they're both minimalistic and feature (extended) tone clusters.

See 'Stases' c.2005
>>
>>73589409
Cirque is a beautiful album. Something plebs can't appreciate.
>>
>>73589603
biosphere is one of the most popular ambient musicians youre not special
>>
>>73589646
Half the world doesn't know who Biosphere even is, and who said anything about being special? That's not all I know. I bet I still know more than you, faggit.
>>
>>73589646
Music isn't a dick-waving competition you sad little brat. That's for insecure little boys, like you.
>>
>>73589646
no-one cares about your angst dear child go fucking kys
>>
>>73589764
>>73589801
>>73589872
lmfao the guy I replied to unironically use the word pleb and I'm the bad guy here? i guess i struck a nerve with all the posers
>>
>>73590106
No, you're the bad guy because you shitpost on 4chan. KYS.
>>
>>73590183
okay kid keep ruining genres with your pretension
>>
>>73590106
>unironically using the word 'poser'
keep crying bitch, no-one is listening
>>
>>73590106
>>73590222
>>73589872
>>
>>73590238
keep listening to the same 20 albums and acting superior
>>
>>73590477
You still replying, bish??? Haven't you got homework to do?? A job??
>>
>>73589222
>haven't been on /mu/ in a little while
>decide to check it
>first thing I see is a shitty thread where the OP wants anons to choose between genres
>two entire genres, all good and bad releases included
>wow what a retarded premise
>people itt don't even know the difference between the two styles of music
Why did I come back, wow
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.