[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Lynchian music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: davey.jpg (396KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
davey.jpg
396KB, 768x768px
What's the best Lynchian music?
>>
It's gotta be Death Grips, brother
>>
What do you mean Lynchian
>>
File: 1496165389398.jpg (77KB, 440x440px)
1496165389398.jpg
77KB, 440x440px
>>73589035
>lynchian

Referring to a certain quality of the works of film director David Lynch. You have no fucking clue what's going on, but you know it's genius.

Ex. Did Dennis Hopper just fucking whip out an oxygen mask right before he started talking to that chick's pussy? What the fuck is happening? This is fucking genius. LYNCHIAN.
>>
>>73589067
>Did Dennis Hopper just fucking whip out an oxygen mask right before he started talking to that chick's pussy? What the fuck is happening?
you chose an example of a very straightforward scene from one of his most straightforward movies.
>>
Bohren & der club matches Angelo's sensibilities pretty closely. I would also say Happy Family by KC gives me a lynchian vibe, and some Death Grips (Jenny death specifically)

>>73589177
Yeah blue velvet is probably lynch at his most accessible. Checked
>>
File: Walnuts.png (434KB, 518x433px) Image search: [Google]
Walnuts.png
434KB, 518x433px
>>73589177
No I just copied and pasted from Urban Dictionary
>>
>>73589265
isn't blue velvet basically an overt twin peaks with no character development? i don't get why film critics overvalue their art form of choice so much when television clearly encompasses more importance at a more realistic pace
>>
Probably his music, the stuff that he produces himself.
>>
>>73589029
Yep Fbpb. Other than lynch's actual music
>>
David Bowie - 1. Outside
>>
>>73589507
bowie is very lynchian t b h
>>
soundtracks for the blind obv
>>
>>73589035
well, David Foster Wallace was the one who came up with that word i think, here he explains it in an interview, pretty cool imo

>ROSE: Yeah. When he was here, I asked him about what was "Lynchian" and I took that right out of your piece.

>DFW: And I'm sure he just looked at you and blinked slowly.

>ROSE: Well, he didn't have a great answer because I don't think he thinks that way. He obviously doesn't think that way.

>DFW: There was -- I mean, yeah, there's a part in the essay that kind of does this academic "Let's unpack the idea of Lynchian and what Lynchian means is something about the unbelievably grotesque existing in a kind of union with the unbelievably banal," and then it gives a series of scenarios about what -- what is and what isn't Lynchian. Jeffrey Dahmer was borderline Lynchian.

>ROSE: Borderline?

>DFW: Well, the refrigerator. And actually, what was Lynchian was having the actual food products next to the disembodied bits of the corpse. I guess the big one is, you know, a regular domestic murder is not Lynchian. But if the man -- if the police come to the scene and see the man standing over the body and the woman -- let's see, the woman's '50s bouffant is undisturbed and the man and the cops have this conversation about the fact that the man killed the woman because she persistently refused to buy, say, for instance, Jif peanut butter rather than Skippy, and how very, very important that is, and if the cops found themselves somehow agreeing that there were major differences between the brands and that a wife who didn't recognize those differences was deficient in her wifely duties, that would be Lynchian -- this weird -- this weird confluence of very dark, surreal, violent stuff and absolute, almost Norman Rockwell, banal, American stuff, which is terrain he's been working for quite a while -- I mean, at least since -- at least since "Blue Velvet."
>>
Ariel Pink
>>
Anything in the "Dark Jazz" genre. Bohren & Der Club - Sunset Mission is best.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/LVPER/rym_ultimate_box_set__dark_jazz/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AjdrtwW2j0
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E2hkZBVya4
>>
>>73589527
Only good response that isn't Badalamenti
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQc4zUza-E&list=PLBA82CAC4AAC6D496&index=7
>>
>>73589765
man i miss sifl and olly
>>
>>73589015

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwqsh9IACyQ
>>
File: 1498261705847.jpg (73KB, 643x679px)
1498261705847.jpg
73KB, 643x679px
buuuuump
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.