[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More albums like Ween - The Mollusk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Ween-TheMollusk.jpg (25KB, 304x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-TheMollusk.jpg
25KB, 304x300px
Any suggestions? What do you think about the album?
>>
listen to the rest of ween's discography
>>
>>73587626
not op here, but i started with the mollusk and i have no clue where to go next. the pod? ive heard thats their best. i love the mollusk but their other work seems a little inaccessible. any help?
>>
>>73587677
I really like lofi so the pod is top of the line for me, but honestly go listen to white pepper, chocolate and cheese, and quebec. pure guava pretty good intro to weird ween tho
>>
>>73587677
quebec and chocolate and cheese are accessible and both are as good as the mollusk
>>
>>73587677
W H I T E P E P P E R
>>
The Mollusk and Quebec are two of my all-time favorites. Both amazing albums.
>>
pure guava is their most accessible and also their best album
you cannot debate me on this
>>
>>73588121
(you)
>>
>>73587611
>What do you think about the album?

9/10 near perfect
>>
>>73587952
>>73588245
newfag weeners
>>
Anybody have a discography link?
>>
>>73588310
www.spotify.com
>>
>>73588310
Youtube you utter mong
>>73587677
Listen to C&C, Quebec, White Pepper, then I'd say go with GWS. All of it is good, even the demo tapes.
>>
>>73587677
If you want the easy route, save their first three albums for last. If you ain't a bitch, just go chronologically.
>>
>>73587677
Quebec has that sombre prog kind of feel that The Mollusk has. It isn't The Mollusk part II, but you'll probably like it.
>>
>>73588310
www.lemonparty.org
>>
Real talk I hate mollusk fans, they're never real ween fans who like their early stuff, only normemes
>>
>>73587677
I'd listen to these albums in this order:
Quebec, white pepper, chocolate and cheese, and when you want to get into their weirder stuff godweensatan.
>>
>>73590320
xP
>>
While I'm here, is there any news of a new album? I thought I heard something about a shinola vol. 2 a while back, but I haven't heard any word since.
>>
>>73588417
>>73588641
>streaming shitty 192kbps quality
wew fuckin lads kys yourselfs!
>>
>>73588310
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ween_discography
>>
>>73590344
The Mollusk is fine though. If you had to pick any Ween album fanboys to hate it should be Quebecfags.
>>
>>73591354
It's all good honestly. Even the really early indie stuff.
>>
>>73591354
How did this dichotomy originate? The first ween album I fell in love with was the Mollusk, but Quebec is now my favorite after it grew on me. I love all of their stuff, even their pre-GWS demos. I've probably listened to nearly every ween song that's out there at least 10x, but I absolutely love Quebec. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>73591806
I don't know about you specifically, but most of them hold it on too high a pedestal.
>>
>>73591881
I don't think I can exactly do that because of the track line up. Shit like captain, I don't want it, the argus, if you could save yourself, etc., they set a certain tone for the album and contribute to the album as a whole and make the overall product more than the sum of its parts, but songs like the fucked jam, and hey there fancypants, while they are good songs, take away from the album as a whole. If they had chosen to include some other stuff from the Caesar demos, stuff that would mesh better with the album, that could have elevated the album as a whole in my opinion.
>>
>>73587611
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

There arent really any albums that are like The Mollusk

Pure Guava and Godweensatan are my favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D49YVrtxfdE

Accessibility wise you might want to go for Chocolate and Cheese or White Pepper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnzEm0jXDM
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.