[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: CYMERA_20170626_002416.jpg (345KB, 561x600px) Image search: [Google]
CYMERA_20170626_002416.jpg
345KB, 561x600px
What on earth are these guys so popular for? Just wondering before diving into their music
P..S. I'll give my thoughts on them afterwards.
>>
I swear what makes that album special is impossible to put into words. Every time I try to describe it adequately I fail.
>>
This board has a broken definition for the word popular
>>
this album is so boring i almost fell asleep to it
>>
You will never stop loving Phil Elverum and you will return to his darkness and brokeness every few weeks.
>>
>>73584030
Its because its special for like 20 different valid reasons
>>
this is still my favorite album of all time.
>>
Now having under my belt around twenty listens, I'm beginning to really enjoy this album, after having experienced a significant lull in my appreciation for it after the first few. My favorite song from it is either Map or You'll Be In The Air.

How do you, unspecified anon, feel about this album now, and what was your opinion on it in the past?
>>
>>73586043
I used to think it was the most amazing piece of art ever conceived but now I think its 9/10 at best.

Still one of my favorite albums ever

favorites - I want wind to blow, the track before samurai sword

least favorite - samurai sword
>>
>>73584336
name them
>>
>>73584002
I can actually explain why. It hitch-hiked its way to meme status by piggybacking off of the ITAOTS meme. Contrarian shitposters would post this album as a superior or at least alternative 'classic folk album' so everyone came to know it and post about it.
>>
>>73584002
I used to really like this album when I was heartbroken and depressed.

Nowadays I'm fine and it really doesn't interest me like it used to. You gotta be in a certain type of mind frame for this.
>>
>>73587175
I've been able to enjoy this album regardless of my own disposition. The music is soothing
>>
>>73586083
>least favorite - samurai sword
imagine being this pleb? I am bored is objectively the worst
>>
>>73587118
I think it's more of Jeff's voice is too rough and masculine, when he projects super loud you can really hear the power and passion he puts into it. Many numale lovers of the folk genre are put off by this quality of NMH, they would rather pick The Glow pt. 2 because their own singing voice is more reminiscent of the effeminate, weak & effortless singing by Phil
>>
>>73589608

Kek
>>
>>73584002
>What on earth are these guys so popular for?
Their good music, you dolt
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.