[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about low roar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Low_Roar_album_cover.jpg (54KB, 600x533px) Image search: [Google]
Low_Roar_album_cover.jpg
54KB, 600x533px
How do you guys feel about low roar?
>>
File: 1453037326579.png (800KB, 1073x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1453037326579.png
800KB, 1073x1079px
>>73583979
well, i really fucking hate kojima.
that being said, im glad ryan is getting exposure. once in a long long while did not live up to 0, sad to say. glad to see him on mu as well
>>
>>73584462
I'm not the greatest fan of Kojima either. I've been a fan of Ryan for a solid year before that trailer though, so I was really happy to see the exposure. He's making a bigger splash thanks to the exposure, so I can thank Kojima for that much
>>
>>73584501
i just hate all the "death stranding brought me here lol xd" people. ive been a fan since low roar, and 0 really took it up a notch, but long while was far below the bar 0 set, but still great. its bittersweet, all the exposure hes getting
>>
0 and his S/T are both fantastic. Haven't listened to Once In a Long While all the way through but the tracks I have listened to seem a little sterile. The less clean production on S/T and 0 kind of helped the folksier side of it. Again take my opinion on his latest album with a grain of salt bc i havent listened all the way thru which I will do now
>>
>>73584550
I liked lots of things from Long While. I particularly like the song itself, the one for which the album is named after. Personally S/T is my favorite. That's the first thing I heard from Ryan, and I loved the acoustic tracks. Friends Make Garbage might be one of my favorite songs in general.
>>
>>73584638
there are a few tracks, youre right, but i loved every track on 0.

>>73584619
yeah, he talked about the production for long while being in an actual studio

wow, no one ive ever talked to has given a shit about low roar. until now
>>
>>73584462
Why do you hate Kojima? He writes some really smart scripts for his games that blur what a "bad guy" or what evil really is and humanizes them in a way a lot games never do. He raises a lot of questions as to what games are supposed to be and asks a lot good philosophical questions while still making games fun and charming and silly and cool. He's a smart guy and the MGS series hasn't really had a dud besides 2 and even then that ending really resonates well today better than it did in the early 2000's.

Also boobies and ass all over the goddamn place.
>>
>>73584638
Yeah same here Friends make Garbage is among my favorite songs of all time. Such a pretty little song

>>73584671
Hmm really? I never knew that this was an actual studio album. I found the slightly lo-fi nature of his previous albums kind of endearing and appealing
>>
>>73584671
I'm planning on seeing him perform live in Seattle in October. I'm a big fan of him. But he's the kind of artist who I can't really invite anyone to go with me since he writes such niche music, if you get what I mean. I remember I bought two tickets last time he toured Seattle, but everyone who I invited just asked, "Who's Low Roar?"
>>
>>73584719
i hate him for giving low roar exposure i want to hoard him in the underground.

>>73584731
im p sure, bc in a radio interview he was talking about all of s/t and most of 0 being recorded in kitchens. and he had long while done in a studio i imagine bc of the duet and it was cheap to record in poland. dont quote me though
>>
>>73584761
low roar is a serious gem, but im afraid of the hipster phrase "i was a fan before death stranding" i mean, i listened to 0 almost every day for a straight year
>>
File: 1470880247464.jpg (17KB, 294x297px) Image search: [Google]
1470880247464.jpg
17KB, 294x297px
>>73584766
>He gave a band I love exposure oh no

Kojima has great taste friend. The MGS:V soundtrack was fucking lit and the MGS 3 intro song is by far one of the best video game intro songs.

Don't get mad when a band you like gets exposure. That's so fucking elitist and lame.
>>
>>73584731
Yeah, FMG is a really pretty one, among other things. It's just depressing for me sometimes. Whenever I'm having emotional problems, that last line really hits my feels center. That delivery is really powerful.
>>
>>73584799
no no, youre right, but go to any video from him and youll see a death stranding or kojima comment. i just kinda go autistic when i see that kind of shit. i just prefer my music low fi and low popularity
>>
i listened to s/t exclusively while reading The Road and it really does something to you
>>
>>73584781
I mean it's true, I was a fan before Death Stranding. But I do agree, I don't like the whole hipster thing. For me, it's just matter of fact. It's perfectly fine if Kojima was someone's entry to Low Roar. As long as we're all enjoying the same music, I don't care how long you've been listening or how you started listening. I'm just glad we can all listen together. I'm not any better since I happened to accidentally discover him before everyone else.
>>
album #3 is a sell-out album but still has some decent tracks. the first single released was god awful though
>>
>>73584995
That was bones, right? I enjoy it enough. I hated it initially, but it's grown on me since then. Waiting was a single I immediately liked though.
>>
Seems like Long While isn't terribly popular here. Personally I think it's a perfectly competent album, and it fits right in with his other albums. The only thing I really hate about it is the cover art. It's pretty ugly in my opinion, especially compared to the others.
>>
File: longwhile.jpg (1MB, 1270x1270px) Image search: [Google]
longwhile.jpg
1MB, 1270x1270px
>>73585039
i use this instead of the shitty official cover
>>
>>73584995
>>73585020
I like Bones but I agree the last record is the worst and I hate Kojima too not exactly because he gave Low Roar exposure but because now when you go to his songs on youtube or his last.fm page you can only see comments like "Kojima brought me here". It's so fucking cancerous I hate all these people who write these comments especially because they see that it's now like 20+ comments like that but they still write another one. Why are people so retarded? I love Low Roar but I don't want these people to have anything in common with me.
>>
File: pensive.png (183KB, 410x506px) Image search: [Google]
pensive.png
183KB, 410x506px
>>73585586
>>73584820
do people really care about last fm and youtube comments
>>
>>73585623
Yeah I just don't want these retards with shitty music taste to "steal" my favorite musicians/bands.
>>
dont be so serious, waiting and title track are the only songs on it comparable to the first two albums
>>
oh wow nevermind. i like it now. first time listening since i downloaded it months ago.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.