[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everything he did after ilmatic complete shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Nas.jpg (56KB, 417x558px) Image search: [Google]
Nas.jpg
56KB, 417x558px
Why is everything he did after ilmatic complete shit?
>>
god's son is decent
>>
The urge to impress dies once you become successful.
>>
>>73581751
This is why I can't take people seriously when they say he's the GOAT. He had one (1) great album.
>>
File: jaz-z_then-400x340.jpg (25KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
jaz-z_then-400x340.jpg
25KB, 400x340px
Hov is 10 times better
>>
>>73581751
Say what you will, I still rock with It was Written, I am..., and God's Son to this day. All solid imo.
>>
File: Lmly2s9.jpg (198KB, 750x659px) Image search: [Google]
Lmly2s9.jpg
198KB, 750x659px
>>
Being honest here, is there a rapper who hasn't fallen off miserably after a few great releases ? I can think of a few (O.C, Ghostface, Blueprint, Evidence) but even those are debatable.
>>
>>73581751
>after ilmatic
>>
Left Serchlite?
>>
File: king kenny.jpg (7KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
king kenny.jpg
7KB, 187x270px
>>73581900
>>
>>73581900
When would you say Ghostface started falling off?
>>
>>73581886
delete this
>>
>>73581926
Damn was pretty underwhelming..

>>73581938
I was listing a few guys who haven't, but not everyone's big on his later stuff though
>>
>>73581900
Curren$y, Gibbs, Gucci, Future, Bones. Prolific rappers
>>
>>73581751
fuck u ben you're wrong
>>
>>73582031
The first two are decent and have never put out anything more than a decent release (Piñata wasn't that great and you know it), the next two make good party songs every now and again but are extremely stale and I feel sorry for anyone who willingly listens to more than fifteen minutes in a row of them, the last is mediocre.
>>
Lost Tapes was nice, but it's more of a compilation. Few decent songs here and there, but I agree with OP for the most part.
>>
>>73582773
This is all objectively correct. Anyway, to answer >>73581900, Kanye West. I'm being 100% serious here and I think fan response/sales/critical response validate my opinion here. TLOP was completely fresh when it came out and every bit as good and culturally relevant as College Dropout.
>>
>>73582773
That's all completely valid, but subjective. But each one of those artists have their signature style, which they don't deviate much from, despite how much music they release. And the quality of it is pretty consistent too, wether it's music you appreciate or not.
>>
>>73582773
Piñata was better than Madvillany
>>
File: cap_2201.jpg (77KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
cap_2201.jpg
77KB, 720x547px
>>73581751
He has one of he best discographies in hip hop though, you pleb. Any rapper coming off of illmatic would never live up to it either, considering it's the best rap album of all time.

But IWW and Lost Tapes are also great albums, and would be considered classics if they came from any other rapper. Rest of his disco is arguable but those two are his best. LIG is also a solid album, especially this late into his career compared to Jay z and Eminem who are the epitome of mid life crisis rappers. Hell you could argue people are more excited for a new Nas album than a new Ye album nowadays.
>>
Illmatic, It Was Written, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled, and The Lost Tapes are all 8/10+ albums.
>>
>>73583298
>Untitled
that's a 6/10 at best
>>
>>73583078
pinata is just madlib producing a trap album. sure its good, but its uninteresting. gibbs flow is good throughout, but not incredible. nothing about it really made it stand out to me.

madvilliany has much more nuance and well executed experimental rap elements
>>
>>73582031
Gibbs I'll give you, not a fan of the rest of their styles
>>73582943
Yeah, Life of Pablo wasn't bad but not anywhere close to his previous stuff
>>
>>73583351

t. white boy
>>
>>73583418
It's a fucking inconsistent and weak album though. NIGGER and Queens get the Money are amazing, but Testify and Fried Chicken are fucking shit.
>>
>>73581900
Kanye West managed to release MBDTF after a shark jump and revitalized his career. Summer /mu/ will loudly post how MBDTF is shit.
>Fallen off miserably
Does not apply
>>
>>73581976
One underwhelming release doesn't mean fall off, and Outkast is extremely consistent
>>
>>73583612
Can't fall off if you never release an album!
>>
>>73581751
Hard to write poignant raps about life in ghetto new york projects when you get rich as fuck from your debut album.

Nas just wasn't suited to transition into a fake ass bling rap nigga. If you're going to shine as fake shit you gotta start as fake shit Jay-Z QED.
>>
>>73581751
>All future verses are about how he released Illmatic
>>
>>73583696
fuckin lold cause so true
>>
>>73583612
One underwhelming release and a bunch of bad guest verses. >>73583655 Gets it though, Outkast's not dropping anything
>>
>>73581751
It Was Written, God's Son, and Life is Good are all pretty good.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.