[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Thread because there's not enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: Cloudy city.jpg (508KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Cloudy city.jpg
508KB, 1280x1280px
I feel like this place is too antisocial.

Post city you're from and how the music scene is.
>>
Austin, Tx.

Folk punk scene is the cities last vestige of hope
>>
>>73578432
GO TO /SOC/ FOR THIS CRAP
THIS IS A MUSIC BOARD
>>
>London, England
Not sure, don't go outside.
>>
>>73578432
this ain't your city you liar
>>
File: shutterstock_289010696-smaller.jpg (978KB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_289010696-smaller.jpg
978KB, 6000x4000px
Richmond VA

The scene is pretty great, especially for a city it's size.

Lots of different scenes that occasionally intersect. It's a really arts-driven city so it makes sense once you come here.

All the bands I've talked to in NY say they like playing in Richmond pretty much more than any other east coast city. Shit's just really DIY and lively. Like this saturday I went to a houseshow next to VCU where they had a bunch of rap sets lol niggas had guns they were flashing for the camera which was funny but the last set was this thrash/punk band and jesus christ the only mosh i've been in that hype was at Death Grips honestly.

Just lots of young people and lots of art. Great city.
>>
>>73578646
Hell yeah dude, sounds awesome.

Do you remember the trash/punk band that played by chance?
>>
>>73578723

they're called Half Decent
>>
Paris, France

great garage rock scene, a rising punk/post-punk scene and strangely enough -- a psychedelic scene but it's super noisy, i've seen at least three bands with a saxophone just making noise.

and it's super weird because for the most part parisians/french people are really NOT into rock music at all. the scene's really small -- you run into people at shows all the time and 60% of the bands share members. i'm pretty sure what makes it nice is the fact that it's so small.
>>
>>73578892
Interesting man. Follow up question, how is the music scene in France as a whole?

Are there many touring bands, professional musicians, etc.?
>>
belo horizonte, brazil

I don't go outside
>>
>>73579009
yeah there's quite a few, basically every band that comes from paris plays for a year and then tours around france once and then goes abroad

it's really common for musicians to be touring here. as far as regional scenes, i don't really know.

none of them make any money though.
>>
Vancouver, BC. Any other fellow Canadians browsing on a Sunday evening?
>>
>>73579061
UDR
>>
>>73579211
ever since Camus gave me his nihilism I've wanted to move to France, or at least learn french. I assume you're bi-lingual, do you find that french & english are similar at all?
>>
>>73579256
se liga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoXqX24zzk8
>>
File: omcq6h1e.jpg (7KB, 177x200px) Image search: [Google]
omcq6h1e.jpg
7KB, 177x200px
>kerava

I have no idea, stone came from here i guess. I am not really listening to finnish music
>>
Norman OK / Fayetteville AR

It's lit. Drone/experimental scenes are small but existent. Mostly punk stuff bc both are college towns. I'm not gonna complain tho bc punk is great
>>
>>73578432
Houston, TX
No idea I don't outside I mostly listen to nasheeds and nasheed remixes
>>
>>73579302
they're pretty similar, at least in construction, it should be easier to learn french than say german

there's lot's of things that might trip you up though, verb tenses are super irregular, the pronunciation is a bitch and then you have fact that it's a gendered language.

but all in all it's not too tough, i learned it when i came here and i have a lot of foreigner friends that learned it once in france as well.
>>
>>73578432
>east scotland
idk boards of canada and cocteau twins formed near where i'm from lol
>>
>Flint, MI

Generic ska and punk bands. One music venue and it's mostly for baby's first band
>>
Cincinnati OH

It's great if you like boring ass, vaguely Americana-ish garage/psych rock.
>>
>>73579909
mama mia
>>
Las Vegas

um

Celine Dion
>>
File: xpericence.png (529KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
xpericence.png
529KB, 600x600px
New Orleans, Louisiana.

You can guess how the music scene is. Fucking great.

You got all the jazz acts going down around the French Market and The Cathedral, all the rock down in venues and pubs around St. Charles and the industrial area, everything else you could imagine happening on Bourbon and Canal.

I go to college at Loyola University, next to Tulane in Uptown.

New Orleans is a beautiful city.
>>
>>73579235
Sudbury, ON what up
>>
>>73580105
That sounds fucking heavenly. Do the jazz acts do anything novel/interesting or is it all pretty vanilla big band type shit?
>>
Charleston SC

There's some okay indie rock stuff, but I'm not interested in that at all. There's a decent arts scene here but not a lot of venues for arty music. Most of the people that were doing interesting music here 10 years ago moved to NYC. I kinda wish I could do some gigs doing electronic shit but I'm a shut in recluse and anyway I don't really feel like performing to 10 people.
>>
NJ, all we have is an underground punk scene
>>
>>73578646
my nigga
>>
>>73578439
I was thinking of moving there after college to start a band. Isn't there some good blues rock to behold in Austin as well?
>>
>>73579235
Coquitlam reporting in
>>
Kingston NY, we used to have a pretty decent post hardcore/metalcore scene but I have no clue what's around here now
>>
>>73578646
I'm planning to apply to VCU for an MFA but I doubt I'll get accepted.
>>
>>73579922
hey im from cinci too, and yeah, this is exactly right.

there's some odd punk-ish type things & some local DIY punk shows that are pretty terrible, too
>>
>>73578432
Fuck the fans.
>>
>>73580237
Everyone is different. But New Orleans is considerably small once you live here a few years and get to know it, so eventually you'll know all of the acts and what they do, which is pretty fucking cool. But every once in a while you'll get hit with a new jazz act trying their piece out in the streets of NOLA and if they're any good, you'll save them into your memory.

It's a cornucopia of Music talent here.
>>
>>73578432
Nanaimo BC

no clue but I like tortoise
>>
>>73581318
Fuck off PoCo
>>
>>73581497
I'm just off Blue Mountain, that ain't PoCo nigga
>>
>>73578432
Mexico City
As a Literature student, most of my peers share similar music taste. The underground shoegaze music scene's getting strong.
>>
>>73578439
moving to Austin in 3 days. Best bars for music?
>>
>>73581424
Yeah pretty much, the DIY/crustpunk scene is the goddamn worst, especially the closer you are to Northside.

I hate this city so much. :/
>>
>>73579686
>lives in Houston
>doesn't listen to Houston rap.

:[
>>
>>73578646
I used to like Richmond when I was coming into college. Now that I am done though, at this point I am kinda sick of it. Too much of the music there just sounds so...samey.

Too many generic hardcore punk bands where they play the fast part and then the slow chugging breakdown that everyone hardcore dances to.

Too many death/thrash bands that are like what happens if you take late 80s/early 90s stuff but have each track only have half as many riffs with half as much intensity.

Too many doomy/"sludge" bands that just play slow, boring shit.

Too many hip hop groups that do nothing interesting with the genre. Just typical "do some hype sounding tracks then do some *real* tracks".

Too many jam bands that all sound like Phish.

Too many emo bands that never moved on from American Football and too many screamo bands that never moved on from pg. 99.

And a slew of generic rnb and acoustic guitar singer songwriter types as well.

Sure, anyone can go "b-but Richmond got Avail, Lamb Of God, D'Angelo, City Of Caterpillar, Labradford, and Lil Ugly Mane!" But those instances are rare, most of them don't perform around Richmond anymore or in the case of LUM don't even live there anymore.
>>
southern nh
every band here wants to be superchunk for some reason
lots of dadcore bar blues bands too for some reason
>>
>>73580105
>tfw going to tulane
>tfw cannot into jazz
>>
>>73581539
richie rich
>>
>>73581738
yeah this place sucks. sorry you're dealing w/ it too.
>>
>>73578439
>Folk punk scene
For example?

>>73581737
showlistaustin.com
>>
rochester ny

mostly shitty punk and garage rock.
city so of course theres rap
apparently according to a bud of mine theres metal bands that perform here but ive never heard of them.
>>
>>73578892
Is it just me or is France kicking ass this year?

Pryapisme, Comity, the list goes on.
>>
Currently reside in Lancaster PA.
Only scene here is Amish bareknuckle boxing at dusk out by the old grain silo.
Music is banned.
>>
Cleveland, Ohio
lots of pop punk and emo revival springin' up round these parts
>>
Modesto, California
Uhh not sure but there's a lot local dad bands and some punk-surf-indie bands
>>
>>73582175
Yooooooo my fucking dude

U of R has an alright scene though
>>
Nashville's great for emo right now but not much else

Chicago's got some insane jazz and hip hop influenced projects as well as a stellar experimental scene, and good emo and Americana, and is really just the best music town in the world right now

Cleveland is as the guy further up described

Rochester is as I said, and as the first guy said
>>
Rural Indiana
the "music scene" here is basically nonexistent. it's pretty much just 40 year olds playing CCR covers in bars
gotta love it
>>
Atlanta
one of the best music scenes in the country
we've got it all
>>
File: Dazzle.jpg (477KB, 1400x931px) Image search: [Google]
Dazzle.jpg
477KB, 1400x931px
>Denver, CO
Music is dead here. If only jazz were still in its heyday.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.