[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Pink Floyd album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: R-2415411-1318552226.jpeg.jpg (153KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-2415411-1318552226.jpeg.jpg
153KB, 600x600px
I'm kind of new to their music. What are your favourites and why?
(so far pic rel, but that might change)
>>
>>73569084
Relics is pretty dope, although it's not my favorite. I don't normally listen to compilation albums, but all of the tracks are non-album singles. It's a collection of super psychedelic music from their period under Syd Barrett. You might be familiar with "Arnold Layne" and/or "See Emily Play".
My favorite is either Meddle or Animals. Both are super atmospheric and dynamic in sound. They feel much more prog rock than, for example, Dark Side of the Moon.
>>
>>73569084
dsotm
>>
>>73569166
Obviously this
>>
>>73569182
obviously a pleb
>>
>>73569166
yeah dark side of the moon was still the most impactful for me
>>
I'd have to say Meddle because the final track is like an album experience of its own. Really every album before final cut was good
>>
>>73569084
WYWH is the best. The other albums are not even close. Closest is animals tho.
>>
>>73569084
Wish You Were Here and Atom Heart Mother are the best. DSotM is good, but incredibly overrated. The Wall is ass
>>
>>73569084
Animals and Atom Heart Mother
>>
>>73569084
wish you were here, meddle, and the wall
>>
>>73571806
The wall is pure garbage
>>
File: Saucerful_of_secrets2.jpg (38KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
Saucerful_of_secrets2.jpg
38KB, 301x300px
>>
>>73569084
Musically their first two albums are far superior to any other, but people generally love the production of Meddle through The Wall.
>>
before someone inevitably says animals, have you ever thought that it's the most calculated pf album and the most "babby's first" it's not terrible but it's certainly not that great
>>
someone post the tier list pasta
>>
Atom Heart Mother or DSOTM for me
>>
There are a lot of good choices for "Pink Floyd's best album". Only one is correct tho, and that would be WYWH.
>>
DSOTM is their best hands down. The real argument is what album is the next best album. I'm going to say Meddle.
>>
>>73569084
Animals
>>
>>73569084
Animals, Dark Side, Wish You Where Here, Obscured by Clouds

everybody forgets about obscured by clouds
>>
>>73571894
literally just wish you were here leftovers
>>
So far for me
Piper > DSOTM > Echoes > Wish You Were Here > Saucerful > Animals
>>
>>73571875
This
>>
Pink Floyd:
>This Is How You See Pink Floyd Under The Influence Of Drugs
>This Is How You See Pink Floyd Under The Influence Of Drugs 2: Syd's Secret Lab
>Pinkfloyd∞
>Moo' You Looking At?
>Detail From Photograph Of Drowning Man - Figure 1 - The Ear
>Where The Fuck Are My Glasses?
>That Science Experiment We Did In Year 9
>American Fire Hazard!
>Bigpig's London Adventure (Legal action from Wandsworth council pending)
>Roger Waters Presents: I've Covered This Album Up With A Wall So If You Want To See What's Inside You'll Have To Buy The Bloody Thing
>Roger Waters Presents: These Are All The Medals My Dad Could Have Won If He Were Alive Today - Did I Mention He's Dead?
>The Saunton Sands Hotel Finally Lives Up To Its Name
>Shimmering Silver Head Of Wisdom Looking At Me
>>
>>73572515
6/10 opinion
>>
Animals, Piper, Saucerful, Dark Side, and Wish you were here.
But I also like parts of The Wall, Atom Heart Mother, Endless River, etc.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.