[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Essential Dadrock + General Flowchart Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: HeMwr_d.jpg (201KB, 640x911px) Image search: [Google]
HeMwr_d.jpg
201KB, 640x911px
I know you guys think it's pleb, but some of it has to be essential.

Posting a rec chart of the opposite direction.
>>
>>73563042
God I fucking HATE that chart. I feel like it would instantly convince any dadrocker that they're right about modern music.
>>
>>73563042
Music for when you've heard all of this entry-level hipster shit, and you're still bored as fuck with modern music?
>>
>>73563122
Why? Most of it is similar to the /mu/ starter chart.
>>
>>73563158
that's why its fucking bad. the amount of people here who genuinely listen to indie shit and death grips is depressing
>>
The larger /mu/core chart (which used to be posted here all the time, if you search up /mu/core chart on google it should show up) is what you're looking for.
>>
>>73563042
>56 albums on chart
>only 2-3 are good
really activates the almonds
>>
>>73564004
>You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
>De Loused In The Comatorium
>Innerspeaker
>Merriweather Post Pavilion
>The Mantle
>Pink
That's all I've got.
>>
File: actual_mucore.jpg (3MB, 1781x4325px) Image search: [Google]
actual_mucore.jpg
3MB, 1781x4325px
>>73564001
>>
>>73564001
That seemed like more underground shit from the time though. My dad wouldnt have known any of it.
>>
>>73563042
>the top right

Who made this because it wasn't /mu/?
>>
>>73564074
Your dad wouldn't know Paul McCartney, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Kinks, Marvin Gaye, Pink Floyd, The Beach Boys, Iggy Pop, The Cure, Neil Young, David Bowie, R.E.M., Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Funkadelic, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa, Fleetwood Mac, Curtis Mayfield, Elvis Presley or The Grateful Dead?
>>
>>73564004
>>73564052
The Idler Wheel, the Archandroid, and Dopethrone are all breddy gud
>>
>>73564052
For me it's

>Blood Visions
>Geogaddi
>Kid A
>LYSFLATH
>Dopethrone
>Pink
>>
How much of this stuff is really contemporary though? There are kids who've legally lost their virginity after Kid A was released.
>>
>>73564221
To be fair the chart was made in 2011
>>
>all of the albums are about 20 years old
>not dAd rock
>>
>>73563042
The musicians themselves would admit that the beatles or rolling stones were better than they'll ever be. So why is it wrong for the listeners to agree with them?
>>
>>73564398
Every artist will say their influences were better than them. Lennon said the same thing about all the 50s rock and rollers in the 70s.
>>
>>73564344
The old dadrock needs to be renamed to granddad rock, and radiohead labelled the new dadrock.

>>73564423
He was right as well. The Beatles were incredibly lifeless compared to Little Richard.
>>
>>73564062
Was the whole point of /mu/ just to be scaruffi but much harder to read?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.