[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu\tants is Ernie ball even the best strings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6852.jpg (118KB, 728x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6852.jpg
118KB, 728x770px
/mu\tants is Ernie ball even the best strings?
>>
Depends on what your comfortable with and how you want your string tones to sound when struck.
I usually get super slinky 6 string sets for my SG because I find 9 gauge low E to be a decent thickness but im thinking of trying out 8 gauges.
>>
Elixir or gtfo
>>
Only fags buy anything besides Ernie Balls, they like their shitty strings snapping and scratch their skin because they're faggot masochists
>>
>>73562142
theyre too expensive
>>
>>73562229
Wipe them after playing and they last forever. Ernie Ballsacks rust after 2 weeks.
>>
File: fg.png (155KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
fg.png
155KB, 599x337px
>>73562204
and so are the enemy
>>
File: 1495470235293.png (66KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495470235293.png
66KB, 300x300px
>>73562204
>>73562229
You don't play guitar
>>
They are for me, i can't use anything besides ernie ball, all other strings feel so rusty when i play'em.
>>
We're all agreed that flatwounds are the only way to play, right?
>>
My guitar teacher recommended it and he was Greg Allman's touring guitarist so I'll take his word for it.
>>
no fucking idea but my dad swears by them, plays guitar and bass guitar
>>
How much of a difference do strings actually make?

I buy Daddarios because they're the cheapest at the local music shop. Stuck with them for 10+ years because it sounds good enough to me. Never bothered with anything else.

Is it worth switching it up? Is there a major tone difference between strings?
>>
>>73564313
For jazz, definitely. They suck for rock imo.
>>
File: DR MR6-30.jpg (73KB, 753x768px) Image search: [Google]
DR MR6-30.jpg
73KB, 753x768px
>>73561943
Absolutely not. Pic related easily best strings.
>>
>>73562142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYHr3Airdc
>>
>>73564387
I think they're best all around. They're so much easier on the fingers and slide cleaner. I can't imagine switching back. Playing on flatwounds is like realizing I've been wearing underwear that's 2 sizes too small and putting on a loose pair of boxers that actually fit and allow some breathing room.
Sorry for over posting I just really love flatwounds.
>>
I've been using Gibson vintage reissues (they're just nickel strings with no steel) And they started to oxide and rust after like fucking two hours, I have really acidic hands but still that's bullshit
>>
>>73561943

The Ernie Ball Paradigms are the best strings they make and you get a free pair if they break within 2 weeks and you send them back in the packaging.
They sound fucking awesome too.
I used to like Elixirs and the coated strings but they sound weird when they age and the coating starts flaking off. They're still good strings but compared to the paradigms for the price Ernie Ball is better.
>>
Daddarios have the best new-string bright sound in my experience, which hasn't really extended to that many brands, but probably my choice for recording. Elixers pretty much don't get that new bright sound but have a good sound for a lot longer.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.