[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't the Beach Boys considered Dad Rock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: pbdbebo_ec004.jpg (625KB, 2490x1752px) Image search: [Google]
pbdbebo_ec004.jpg
625KB, 2490x1752px
>>
They're good
>>
They are. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>73561945
this
>>
too old
>>
>>73561931
Fpbp
>>73562465
This
>>
because pet sounds and smile sessions are two of the best albums ever made
>>
>>73561895
I consider them Dadrock, if they're not usually then they should be. Dadrock doesn't have to be boring like ACDC or early Beatles.
>>
because the beach boys were "cool" for like the first 3 years, then pet sounds came out and only weirdos cared about them.
Dads only remember the beach boys as those weird fat guys with beards who never got played on the radio
>>
Sunflower or Surf's Up?

And then take that answer and put it against Today!

Which wins for you?
>>
>>73562841
Sunflower
It's sad what happened to Dennis, he could have become a great musician in his own right
>>
vocal harmony groups are grandma rock. grandad rock is guitar heavy
>>
Dadrock specifically refers to hypermasculine blues-based hard rock that gets overplayed on the radio that the stereotypical white suburban dad holds up as a standard of baby boomer supremacy over millennials.
>>
>>73562588
thanks dad
>>
>>73562929
No it doesn't you dipshit it refers to shit normie Dad's like. Hypermasculinity is a large faction of that shit but not a rule.
>>
>>73562694
but it does
>>
>>73563186
smile sessions didnt even come out until 2011 nigga
>>
It's grandadrock
>>
>>73563227
but it is the rule
>>
>>73561895
because they're grandpa rock
>>
theyre not rock. its dad pop
>>
Smile was more avant-garde and original than almost all /mu/core save for the likes of Trout Mask Replica and Can.
>>
>>73562701
This. The Beach Boys aren't dad rock because by the time the era of dad rock came around (late 60s, 70s) they were considered lame and corny af.
>>
I thought they were considered Great Granddad rock. (Not that this is a bad thing, mind you)
>>
>>73561895
I asked my dad (who has a godtier/dadtier collection of albums, which I get get when dies and not a second sooner) if he had any early Beach Boys albums. He said no, because hes not a faggot.
>>
>>73562879
Pacific Ocean Blue was a prettt good album thoubj

god tier cover art
>>
>>73561895
They're Grandma Pop because nobody except for losers on chinese basket weaving forums like us actually listen to Pet Sounds or later albums.
>>
>>73561895
They are.
>>
>>73561895

wtf is dadrock?
>>
>>73565282
Did you make sure to call him a pleb?
>>
>>73561895
they were a boybands, dads don't listn to no boybands nigga
>>
>>73565827
>my Grandma actually saw them live

They really are Grandma Pop
>>
>>73564532
To top that, it nevers gets boring, especially when you listen to the tracking sessions, hearing each track evolve.
>>
>>73562701
Only weirdos cared about pop music? In which reality exactly do you live?
>>
>>73562701
A 20 yr old talking about something they have no idea about. You just talked right out of your ass.

Pet sounds was fucking huge. They were a household name.
>>
Beach Boys were baroque pop therefore not dad rock
>>
How come le wrong generation kids never name them in their pseudo obscure lists?
>>
>>73561895
They are, anyone who says they aren't are trying to defend their favorite band.
>>
>>73561895
They kind of are tho
>>
>>73567338
The most popular group in the world was a boy band.
>>
>>73562929
if that's true then why is Steely Dan considered the absolute hallmark of Dad rock?
>>
Because they're Mompop :^)
>>
>>73568228
but it's only after they began transitioning to being a non-boy band that dads fawn over them.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.