[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

honestly what's so great about this album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (27KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 500x433px
honestly what's so great about this album
>>
it's punk without all the tryhard faggotry and the spin offs of punk with boring pop elements. decent to great lyrics. simple and straightforward songs.
>>
SHINY SHINY
>>
It has some neat experimental songs, but mostly it's really tight pop songwriting. If you don't like those things, you
a) Won't like most 60s music
b) Have shit taste accordingly
>>
>>73560717
BOOTS OF LEATHEEEER
>>
>>73560739
>if you don't like some pop music from 60s you have shit taste
hello grandpa
>>
Only clons like that shit
>>
>>73560773
Not a grandpa. They didn't have fancy technology back then, so to make a great song, you had to write a great song. No frills. The 60s objectively has the best written music outside of classical.
>>
>>73560773
what's some of your favorite albums? vu and nico is pretty accessible and it sets standard for good music
>>
what's up with the 15 minutes noise jerkoff at the end?
>>
>>73560867
Agree, European Son is garbage. Ruins an otherwise perfect album. The people who like it think WHWL is their best record, which is also wrong.
>>
>>73560690
>tryhard faggotry
kill yourself
>>
>>73560651
Not everyone likes the music which is okay, but it's pretty easy to appreciate the influence. Who the fuck was doing anything remotely close to this before 1967? It was totally out of left field and spawned genres in its wake. You hear this album's influence in so much music.
>>
>>73560925
Looks like Sister Ray was 2deep4u eh?
>>
>>73560867
>15 minutes noise jerkoff

fucking plebs i swear
>>
>>73561032
then describe what's so good about it, I think it get's repetitive, murder mystery is much better imo
>>
>>73561012
I like Sister Ray but having it as a 17 minute track wasn't right. Helter Skelter was originally 27 minutes but they got it down to 4 minutes, very tight and efficient. All the best ideas of Sister Ray are expressed in the first 5-7 minutes and so that song would have benefited from the Helter Skelter treatment. I know the Velvets were great songwriters and had the ability to do this so obviously its length is a decision but not one I agree with. It seems like something Lou would do just to fuck with people, like with Metal Machine Music later on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.