[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I being memed? Why is this album praised on here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: MyBloodyValentineLoveless600-2.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MyBloodyValentineLoveless600-2.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
Am I being memed? Why is this album praised on here?
>>
It's good. That's about it

you kids manage to listen to rap music but somehow it's hard to understand why this record is considered good? woosh
>>
kinda sounds like broken vacuum cleaner desu
>>
i only like the first track
>>
>>73554321
aaah, because rap music is terrible right? nice meme rockist-chan.
>>
>>73554295
I'd suggest watching this video and listening to the album multiple times:
https://youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
And we've had numerous threads just like yours. Search the archive. It's getting tiring at this point.
>>
File: 1470170880550.jpg (75KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1470170880550.jpg
75KB, 500x667px
>>73554339
it's my favorite too but I like the whole album
>>
whats wrong? too deep for you? maybe you should stick to baby music like radiohead :)
>>
listen to it at a high volume and get lost in the sound.
>>
>>73554359
Yeah, it's terrible actually. You're an embarrassment if you still listen to rap after the age of 13.
>>
>>73554450
>dad.png
You should be ashamed of yourself if you think "all rap music is terrible".
>>
Because it's legitimately good, and just because you can't comprehend it doesn't means it's a meme.
>>
>>73554295
It's a collection of very layered soundscapes that a lot of people praise because of "muh textures"

It's alright, but not really my cup of tea.
>>
>>73554572
Rap as a genre is a meme. It doesn't stack up to any music with merit.
>>
>>73554572
He's right, though. Rap is for children.
>>
>>73554572
I automatically assume somebody is an idiot who hasn't explored music as a whole when they tell me that they enjoy rap. It's so fucking shallow and bland.
>>
>>73554936
>texture

but it's just muddy. there's no detail, just sounds stacked on top of sounds
>>
>>73554936
>It's alright
That's literally a descriptor which could fit almost all shoegaze albums besides Loveless. Kevin Shields literally killed the genre. Unique guitar playing style, memorable songs, innovative production technique is not what other shoegaze albums posses.
>but not really my cup of tea.
Understandable.
>>
>>73554995
I don't like how they use that word to describe it either. The idea is that there's a lot of melody and riffing being used in several layers, so you can try to isolate one and listen to it as it plays over the rest of the mud. If you can do that enough times with the layers you can start to hear them all playing off of each other simultaneously and that's what people are talking about when they say it "clicked" or something along those lines.

I've heard this technique used in other music and it's a fantastic experience to be thrown into, but Loveless doesn't really do anything for me in particular.
>>
>>73554359
>>73554572
just get some nigger friends and put a beat on (or just start drumming with your hands) whenever they talk, infinte source of '''''music''''''
>>
Loveless was released in November 1991. My Bloody Valentine had increased their potentiality by using the technology at their disposal. In particular, they thickened the "mix" of samples and electronic sounds. The soft chant of Only Shallow is first lulled by the rhythm of the guitar and the smooth rhythm section, but it is suddenly torn apart by soaring melodramatic keyboards. The distortion of I Only Said is perhaps the most pounding of their career. It was a result of an accurate processing of their tone, as if there was a feedback of feedback. Deafening chaos of that then flows through a tune that is demented by electronics and vocal harmonies are merged into a single whistle with the guitar. The harmony of Blown A Wish is so refined that it brings them into the area of the Cocteau Twins. Come In Alone, however, recovers the rhythmic psychedelia of Sgt Pepper. With Loomer, their method reaches an experimental peak. It is whispered even more slowly and immersed in a frantic strumming guitar. Sometimes is a rough diamond, with a distorted bass line in the foreground and busy strumming (acoustic) in the background. The most spirited moments on the album are When You Sleep and What You Want, the only ones which recognize the complexities of rock music. The songs are drifting and performed distractedly with no action taken, and are destined to exist in this state of permanent awe. The melody is a tinsel which emerges only from time to time. Live, those songs sometimes last for twenty minutes.

Isn’t Anything and Loveless are two of the most important albums of the decade. Their ectoplasmic guitar brought psychedelic rock to new heights of expression and actually coined a new genre. In a time when British rock retraced its steps and everything was created solely on the basis of its preexisting examples of “good” music, the Valentine were one of the few bands that really upset tradition and changed the course of British rock.
>>
>>73554995
Muddy? Are you listening to it on your phone or laptop speakers?
>>
>>73555076
>I've heard this technique used in other music and it's a fantastic experience to be thrown into, but Loveless doesn't really do anything for me in particular.
>>73554366
>>
>>73555139
No, my JBL LSR308 studio monitors
>>
>>73555172
Why would you listen to anything already mixed and mastered studio monitors?
>>
File: 1469297450324.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469297450324.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>73554995
>there's no detail
>>
>>73555195
On studio monitors*
>>
>>73554958
>punk as a genre is a meme. It doesn't stack up to any music with merit.

t. genesis fans

you're just repeating history with your ignorance
>>
>>73555170
I'm familiar enough with what I like in music to know that Loveless isn't my thing, whether or not I do what's said in that post.
>>
>>73555337
>you're just repeating history with your ignorance
Oh like 99.999...% of everything that occurs?
>>
>>73555337
But that statement is true as well
Punk is actually more pretentious than prog in my opinion- the average punk rockers acted like their music was anything more than below-average pop music. At least prog rockers embraced the cheese.
>>
>>73554359
rap has very low standards compared to almost any other genre tbqhfamalamaman
>>
It is a meme because it is good
>>
I like MBV, but I'm not a huge Loveless fan. They released a ton of material in the 80's as EP's, much of which is pretty solid.
>>
>>73555533
I was disappointed by Isn't Anything, liked m b v and Loveless is my favorite of theirs. Which EP's would I enjoy according to you?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.